Code of Conduct

Default Creed fragrances in the UK

Hi BN. Just joined up but been reading up all the great information this site has. Unfortunately this time i couldn't find the answer i was looking for and decided it was best to sign up. As per the title, i just wanted to know where they can be bought in the UK and the best prices.

I always wanted to sample the Aventus and Green Irish Tweed after reading such things but didn't find them in any of the regular shops including Boots, Debenhams etc. So i plan on blind buying which isn't always worked out 100% but hasn't been an issue thankfully either.

So, where are the best prices to buy in the UK for authentic stock and what % discount can you typically find and what is a good % discount to jump at them.

Thanks

Default Re: Creed fragrances in the UK

That one is easy.

Kron is in the UK and he always has splits running, so you won't have to wait long for him to offer these again.

Here are his current offerings -

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/291...-MDCI-Tom-Ford

Hi and welcome to basenotes!

You can purchase them through the official Creed stockists here within the UK:

http://www.creedfragrances.co.uk/

Also you can now buy them online from Harrods at full price or discounted online from a company called cheap smells here:

http://www.cheapsmells.com/search.php?q=creed

If you want to sample them before you buy I highly recommend this German online company called " First In Fragrance" which suppliers generous spray samples of most of their line. They also ship to the UK really quick, here's the link:

http://www.ausliebezumduft.de/duefte/creed.html

And lastly if you are near a Selfridges store, usually the bigger ones you can try them in store.

Update - Kron has both GIT and Aventus available now.

Go raid your PayPal account. You know you want to

House of Fraser sells Creeds. Too high end for Boots or Debenhams.
    DONNA

John Lewis' too.

Thanks for all the replies guys. I'm a student atm but fragrances have quickly become a nice hobby of mine. I know these are pricey but everything indicates they're worth the price. Thanks for the links as well guys. Checked the Kron page and seems like the prices are pretty reasonable. That Cheapsmells link is also great. They're offering 30% off at the moment. Even almost 40% on one. Is that a good discount range? I know stuff like Dior Homme etc also barely seem to get discounted that often as with all popular high end fashion house scents so is that site my best bet for originally packaged products from Creed?

Kron is very competitive but his works out a little bit more expensive at the current discount being offered on that site for Aventus, but i'm probably right in thinking it is a better bet because of the batch number? I've read all the debates about them before so i guess it could be important, but mostly i thought those two Creed scents might be safe from too much variation. Hopefully

I wouldn't buy them blind; they're nice, safe scents mind you, but IMO are not worth the price; you should order some samples first and see what you think of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Luca View Post
    I wouldn't buy them blind; they're nice, safe scents mind you, but IMO are not worth the price; you should order some samples first and see what you think of them.
    Yeah, i see where you're coming from. I kinda assumed that they're popular enough that i'd be able to sell them on at no loss if i didn't end up liking them though. Of the ones i have blind bought online, they've all worked out well, so to buy these which are expensive and not end up nice would be sods law, but i'm hopeful. Still, i think i might go look at ebay for small 4ml samples

Quote Originally Posted by Luca View Post
    This is good advice......I've got a number of Creeds - superb scents - but there are 1 or 2 that are well thought of, that I just can't get on with!! (So glad I didn't go down the blind buy route with them!).

Those links are brilliant. Jack, thanks especially for the First For Fragrances site - its fantastic and a great range of samples available. I'll definitely be trying them out.

Quote Originally Posted by NARMAK View Post
    Kron is very competitive but his works out a little bit more expensive at the current discount being offered on that site for Aventus, but i'm probably right in thinking it is a better bet because of the batch number? I've read all the debates about them before so i guess it could be important, but mostly i thought those two Creed scents might be safe from too much variation. Hopefully
    The thing with products like Aventus being discounted is that wherever you see them, if you're not quick, they'll disappear fast. The Aventus on CheapSmells barely lasted 12 hours on the site. I am stocked up at the moment, but I was monitoring the site regularly to see how long it would take for them to take it off the site again. I knew it would sell like hot cakes, because it's so popular right now.

The splits on the boards here are likely to be the most cost effective year-round way of getting your hands on some cheap niche brands. Having said that, I believe this site to be the best around for discounted Creeds.

CheapSmells is located in Guernsey, which is not in the EU; don't you have to pay VAT for orders from the Channel Islands?

Fortnum and Mason

I so badly regret not buying the Aventus when it was on there. I hesitated too much and sold out now. I'll be making my purchases later tonight i guess when i go home

Quote Originally Posted by NARMAK View Post
    I so badly regret not buying the Aventus when it was on there. I hesitated too much and sold out now. I'll be making my purchases later tonight i guess when i go home
    Might be best to hang around I think and check it every day. They are likely to bring some more in I think. They are stocking up for the Christmas period no doubt and I would be surprised if they didn't bring it back at least once. It's in their best interests after all...

You might be able to ask them to add you to their stock notification list for Aventus then you will receive an email when it comes back in stock. That's what they did with me when I ordered the first time they had them in and it turned out they had sold them on Ebay too quick to update the stock on their website. Got an email from them as soon as it came back in stock a few days ago so had time to ask what batch number they had before ordering and not missing out this time.

If you are buying from Cheapsmells, email them first and ask for the batch number. Some of their Creed's are at least 5 years old. They are very legit and will be upfront with you. I buy from there all the time and got a great 2011 batch of Original Vetver 120ml for less < 100 recently.

Edit - If Aventus ever appears, it obviosuly cannot be 5 years old

Check Brown Thomas, Arnotts
    Current Top 10
    1) Royal Oud
    2) Aventus
    3) La Nuit De L'homme EDP
    4) L'eau D'issey
    5) Terre D'hermes
    6) Burberry London
    7) MI
    8) Le Male
    9) Pure Malt
    10) GIT

Quote Originally Posted by rum View Post
    The thing with products like Aventus being discounted is that wherever you see them, if you're not quick, they'll disappear fast. The Aventus on CheapSmells barely lasted 12 hours on the site. I am stocked up at the moment, but I was monitoring the site regularly to see how long it would take for them to take it off the site again. I knew it would sell like hot cakes, because it's so popular right now.
    Aventus is back in stock. Let's see how long it lasts this time! They had BdP recently too, lasted about a week.

You'll find them in basically all John Lewis shops..
    Fenwicks
    House of Fraser
    Harrods

Etc.

Does Harrods, Selfridges or Harvey Nichols sell the 250ml Aventus bottles?

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    Does Harrods, Selfridges or Harvey Nichols sell the 250ml Aventus bottles?
    Selfridge's have the 250ml on their website. Not checked Harvey Nics or Harrods.
    What coach Rob says determines what I spray

If you are looking for an official retailer (authentic and fresh stock), definitely check out Liberty London. I receive excellent service there, and you can often find 20 or 30 GBP off coupons. Having shopped there, I will no longer bother with Fortnum, Harrods, or Selfriges.

Let me know if you want me to put you in touch with a SA.

Quote Originally Posted by jhericurls View Post
    Selfridge's have the 250ml on their website. Not checked Harvey Nics or Harrods.
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoXerxes View Post
    If you are looking for an official retailer (authentic and fresh stock), definitely check out Liberty London. I receive excellent service there, and you can often find 20 or 30 GBP off coupons. Having shopped there, I will no longer bother with Fortnum, Harrods, or Selfriges.

Let me know if you want me to put you in touch with a SA.
    Ok, thanks.