Code of Conduct

Question Proximity Vetyver ~ Has Anyone Tried This ?

I am really puzzled.
    I guess this is the nightmare that is a huge global company, especially from the point of view of the consumer.
    I have been trying to establish which countries carry the Axe bodyspray Musk and also, whether it has been discontinued or not. Despite several phone calls and emails to various countries I have had little help. In fact, I have not received a single reply to any of the emails.
    Today whilst googling Axe Musk I have opened a whole new "can" of worms........
    On amazon I discovered a US seller, (Good Buy NY) with stocks of the truly excellent Axe Musk bodyspray. In addition he has a range of "proximity" "bodyfragrances"......prices are pitched a bit higher than the regular "bodysprays". In this range he has Proximity Vetyver, (all his stocks show photo's of the new style of Axe can with twist down cap ~ so these are not old products). He also has Proximity Begamot, Proximity Amber, (and in the regular bodysprays, Alaska and Wild Spice ~ which I thought had been discontinued ).
    Now I am REALLY confused.
    Please, US basenotes members.......... check these out and report back !!!
    .......if they are half as good as the Axe Musk bodyspray, then they are excellent.
    Holiday accommodation, (central apartments in Berlin and south of France) offered in exchange for fragrances. Please pm me.

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: Proximity Vetyver ~ Has Anyone Tried This ?

Do you have a photo of these david?
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Do you have a photo of these david?
    Hi Mike,
    Unfortunately I don't, but if you google axe musk body spray you should find the sellers on amazon. They all have photos of the various body sprays and body fragrances. One seller who has the Axe Musk available is called "Good Buy NY".

I also found an excellent and detailed chronicle about the Axe products on Wikipedia. There it states that the Musk is only available in France, Germany and Brazil ~ but if you can order it through these various sellers on amazon, I can highly recommend it !! I am not sure about the others from the range because I have never seen them before.
    Holiday accommodation, (central apartments in Berlin and south of France) offered in exchange for fragrances. Please pm me.

Basenotes Institution

This one?

Wow that can looks...menacing.

-- Jack Kerouac

Agree, but perhaps the juice is anything but menacing ~ but then again.....

I just know that the Musk is fantabulous. I am hoping that more people will check these out and report back. It seems you have a whole new interesting range in America !

Basenotes Institution

I am pretty sure they sell these at Target (I've never seen these bottles but then again I am never in the Deodorant aisle, I buy all of my deodorant at the health food store)...next time I'm there I'll look.

My problem with most of the Axe sprays is that whatever combination of differing top notes they feature all of them have that strong ambery, powdery, synthetic base that my nose seems to ZERO in on. It's like a huge cloud that I cannot seem to get past. Some fragrances do the same thing (John Varvatos, comes to mind). It is this 'presence' that I smell on men everywhere (the guys in my valet at my office, some of the guys in the locker room at the gym, a customer who walks in my office...) and it's ANNOYING! It's not 'sexy' or 'fresh' or even 'clean'. It's 'COLOGNE GUY!!!'. Maybe I'm just really sensitive to these aroma chemicals or maybe I'm just a snob but I just don't normally enjoy them.

-- Jack Kerouac

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I am pretty sure they sell these at Target (I've never seen these bottles but then again I am never in the Deodorant aisle, I buy all of my deodorant at the health food store)...next time I'm there I'll look.

My problem with most of the Axe sprays is that whatever combination of differing top notes they feature all of them have that strong ambery, powdery, synthetic base that my nose seems to ZERO in on. It's like a huge cloud that I cannot seem to get past. Some fragrances do the same thing (John Varvatos, comes to mind). It is this 'presence' that I smell on men everywhere (the guys in my valet at my office, some of the guys in the locker room at the gym, a customer who walks in my office...) and it's ANNOYING! It's not 'sexy' or 'fresh' or even 'clean'. It's 'COLOGNE GUY!!!'. Maybe I'm just really sensitive to these aroma chemicals or maybe I'm just a snob but I just don't normally enjoy them.
    I understand, and also have the same general problem with them.......except for the new version Musk from Axe. It is quite different in its character from all the others. I do implore you to give it a try !!!
    I also find that 90% of the designer stuff being offered now has exactly the same effect on me as how you describe. Spicebomb and YSL Homme are prime examples. They are so synthetic/chemical, especially after the drydown ~ I honestly can't distinguish them from the drugstore quality anymore.
    I think there will, (hopefully) always be exceptions in both drugstore and designer, Axe Musk being the drugsore exception for me at the moment.