Code of Conduct

Default Tom Ford Extreme - I Love This Fragrance

I have been on a fragrance joyride with all the notes this one has. It opens with a spicy leather with fruit and truffles. The leather becomes more pronounced as time goes by with a boozy note that is like whisky subtly underpinning the leather. Throughout this other notes like tobacco and woods with incense are weaving in and out of the scent until the leather becomes dominant for a few more hours.

Then what I loved was the musky vanille basenotes which smelled sensual and sexy on the skin and this stays around for a few more hours until the scent is just a skin scent.

I have really enjoyed it as its very masculine and like a symphony of notes blended really well so no individual note overwhelms the others. It reminds me of a classy gentleman's club where you have leather seats and whisky with cigars. And damn those sweet musky leathery vanille basenotes are something to behold. I am really liking this.

I got about six hours out of this and it has been quite a ride and its just a skin scent now though that lasts a extra few hours. The sillage is strong but soft if you know what I mean. It stays within your personal space.

Does anyone else love this one as I feel it is much underrated?

Default Re: Tom Ford Extreme - I Love This Fragrance

Absolutely love this one. I'd put it up as equal to (if not better than) anything from the Private Blend line. I've often wondered why it doesn't get more attention on the boards. It seems to me that people generally like it, but that longevity is an issue. Fortunately for me, longevity is not an issue. I get a good eight hours with this, or more.

Tom Ford Extreme and Chanel PE are the only two fragrances that have stood out to me recently. Unfortunately I had serious longevity issues with TFE. At $125 it better last on me all day....almost thought I had a winner.

Complex yet crisp and clean with a dark undertone.

Yes, I think it's pretty fantastic. Its relative lightness and dryness in spite of its rather juicy and dark notes is one of the main reasons I appreciate it. It's a liquor/tobacco/leather scent that smells like it belongs in the 21st century, without smelling insipid.

No problems with longevity here, but my skin is awesome like that
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing the Dragon View Post
    Absolutely love this one. I'd put it up as equal to (if not better than) anything from the Private Blend line. I've often wondered why it doesn't get more attention on the boards. It seems to me that people generally like it, but that longevity is an issue. Fortunately for me, longevity is not an issue. I get a good eight hours with this, or more.
    I agree. Fortunately, I have no problem with the longevity either.

Blog Entries

I don't recall the extreme blowing me away, but the normal TFFM is now in my collection! I'm generally not a fan of leather-based fragrances as I prefer sweeter stuff, so the Extreme never really appealed to me. The original I have as a "clean" alternative to my gourmand party

Tom Ford makes some fantastic fragrances!

Yes, it is very nice. Sounds like it should be a fragrance bombsite with all the notes listed but it works very well for me. Great evening scent.

This is fantastic..... This will be my next purchase..... This is an amazing scent to me..... This will be one of my top 5 when I make my purchase!!!
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    I have been on a fragrance joyride with all the notes this one has. It opens with a spicy leather with fruit and truffles. The leather becomes more pronounced as time goes by with a boozy note that is like whisky subtly underpinning the leather. Throughout this other notes like tobacco and woods with incense are weaving in and out of the scent until the leather becomes dominant for a few more hours.

Then what I loved was the musky vanille basenotes which smelled sensual and sexy on the skin and this stays around for a few more hours until the scent is just a skin scent.

I have really enjoyed it as its very masculine and like a symphony of notes blended really well so no individual note overwhelms the others. It reminds me of a classy gentleman's club where you have leather seats and whisky with cigars. And damn those sweet musky leathery vanille basenotes are something to behold. I am really liking this.

I got about six hours out of this and it has been quite a ride and its just a skin scent now though that lasts a extra few hours. The sillage is strong but soft if you know what I mean. It stays within your personal space.

Does anyone else love this one as I feel it is much underrated?
    coincidence that I decided to rotate this one for the most of this week. i was reminded of why I bought it in the first place. for now, Extreme & Lavender Palm are my two favorites ( if I don't count an occassional run w/ Urban Musk )

Blog Entries

This was the first fragrance that I ever bought a back-up for (back when it was a limited edition). I put my money where my mouth is on this one.

First 90 minutes were lovely. Then it turns into generic on my skin after that. Life is too short for mediocrity.
    Current infatuations:

1. M7
    2. Encre Noire
    3. Tobacco Vanille
    4. A*Men
    5. Chergui

Sur la Plage

I am a big fan as well - and have no longevity issues with it.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by sillypants View Post
    Life is too short for mediocrity.
    And that's putting it nicely IMO.

I just wish it wasn't so dang expensive. It costs almost exactly the same per ml as the Private Blends. It's good, but I don't know if its that good.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    I just wish it wasn't so dang expensive. It costs almost exactly the same per ml as the Private Blends. It's good, but I don't know if its that good.
    It is damn pricey and it comes down to personal preference whether you like it enough to buy and if you can afford it. For me I did and that was only because I had some spare cash. The thing is you expect a 100ml and not 50ml for the price they charge.

But at least the ingredients of the fragrance are top notch and blended so well, for me it's like they have bottled all my favorite notes in this and thats why I love it.

I really do like Tom Ford Extreme too, especially it darkness, elegancy and "chicness" for very masculine and manly way. I got good longevity (about 8 hours). Perfect for elegant evening wear with some stylish clothes. Modern classic, I think.
    Please check out my selling list:

MDCI Invasion Barbare & Narciso Rodriguez Musc oil for him

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/376...-etc-Worldwide!

I got a bottle of this today for my wedding anniversary. Very nice, and it's the first time I have owned it! It easily beat out Fahrenheit Aqua today at Sephora. Man, my wife hates Fahrenheit!

This Extreme is a smooth, deep customer.

I just bought a new bottle of Tom Ford Extreme and Tom Ford for Men yesterday.

These are 2 of my favorite fragrances. Tom Ford Extreme is every bit the price of a Private Blend, and actually has the same depth and complexity of many in that line. I get pretty decent longevity from Extreme (not the best, but not too bad either). TFFM is amazing, but not quite as much longevity as the Extreme (but much lower price).

The TFFM works best in the warm weather and more casual occasions, the Extreme is a deep dark formal fragrance.
    LOVE them both!
    Last edited by dougczar; 5th August 2012 at 05:03 AM.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Dior - Vetiver
    4. by Kilian - Incense Oud
    5. Puredistance - Black
    6. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions
    7. Armani Privé - Oud Royal
    8. Brückner - Aoud 1
    9. Creed - Royal English Leather
    10. House of Matriarch - Blackbird

one of the worst deals out there.....insane price for not much quantity, and the longevity and projection for this are beyond abysmal. It's a great scent, but how they made it that weak is beyond me.

One of my favourites. Classy, masculine (without being macho) and refined.
    Visit my Wordwide Swap Thread here for niche and designer full bottle trades: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/305...tles-(UK-only)

And my Worldwide full bottle sale thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/306...S-(UK-EU-only)

Today is my first wearing of this. I am surprised at the strength of this, in a good way! Based on others comments, I thought it would be weak. I wore three sprays and it is plenty! Very good so far, but I'm only about an hour and a half in. It seems to be a darker, deeper take on Tom Ford for Men.

I find it goes on quiet for the first hour then it explodes with sillage and it stays with you longer than you intially think. Great fragrance and in my top three all time favorites.

I've got a large sample of this which I keep re-visiting in the hopes of getting what everybody else seems to be. Can't seem to jive with this one for some reason, it's a shame since on paper and in here it reads like holy grail material.

I've really enjoyed Tom Ford Extreme the few times I've sampled it. Unfortunately, I also had big problems with longevity and projection. There was just nothing but a skin scent after an hour and a half. I envy people who have skin that works with this juice.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    Today is my first wearing of this. I am surprised at the strength of this, in a good way! Based on others comments, I thought it would be weak. I wore three sprays and it is plenty! Very good so far, but I'm only about an hour and a half in. It seems to be a darker, deeper take on Tom Ford for Men.
    any updates on this? lots of things are noticeable/strong for the first 1.5-2 hours (hell even D&G the One can rock the house for the first two hours) but the question is....what happens after that threshold?

Quote Originally Posted by comfortablynumbbg View Post
    any updates on this? lots of things are noticeable/strong for the first 1.5-2 hours (hell even D&G the One can rock the house for the first two hours) but the question is....what happens after that threshold?
    It fades noticeably after about 4 hours. Still perceptible after 8, but one would have to lean in to smell it. I wore Bvlgari Man to church tonight with no clash, so it was basically gone.

Like it a lot!
    My first bottle i've bought in Saks in NY still has 15 ml of this great juice and being crazy about possible reformulation i will save this bottle just for reference.
    great scent and solid sillage

I was blown away when i tried this at Saks...complex,rich,amazing juice.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

As much as I love spring/summer in San Diego... fall/winter are amazing fragrance months. It's when my collection gets to be opened up and truly gets to shine.

I have been pulling out all my favorite scents, those ones that just envelope you in warmth when it is chilly out. M7 Vintage, TF Tobacco Vanille, Juicy Couture Dirty English, TF Oud Wood, Thierry Mugler Pure Malt, TF Tuscan Leather, TF Amber Absolute, and of course Tom Ford Extreme (yeah, just realized how TF heavy my fall/winter collection is).

I love Tom Ford Extreme. Where the Private Blends seem to settle around one or two primary notes, Extreme is complex and enveloping. It's classy and masculine in a traditional way, but staying modern and sexy at the same time. A girl I was dating said, just before she molested me, "that cologne you are wearing smells like MAN!" And it does, it is mysterious and dark.

I should note that this is a mature scent. I am 37 and I feel right at home in it as I do in a nice suit, dressed up for a night out. I would guess that this is probably not a scent younger women would like (unless they have daddy issues) as my SA at Nordstrom's curled her nose when I asked to smell it and tried to sell me Versace eau fraiche... on a last ditch effort she offered TF Black Orchid saying it was much better than Extreme.

There are a lot of notes listed:

Thai Basil, Coriander, Chamomile, Cardamom, Cinnamon Bark, Persian Lemon, Cistus, Saffron, Thyme, Black, Plum, Parma Violet, Brogiotto Black Fig, Cedarwood Atlas, Sandalwood, Rum, Haitian Vetyver, Caramel, Vanilla, Patchouli, Vieux, Black Truffle, Amber, Fig, Balsam, Supple Leather Accord, Shoyeido Incense.

The big ones that stand out for me are the leather and incense and the plum/truffle/fig backbone that seem to offer a olive branch to Black Orchid.

It's sadly a fragrance I don't wear often enough. As I mentioned above, I occasionally get dressed up in a suit to go out... some times even a tuxedo for events that are not weddings! To me this is Tom Ford Extreme. It's the fragrance equivalent to putting on a suit to go out because I like to, not because they have to.
    Top notes of... sweat, gasoline, motor oil; a heart of deer musk and gunpowder, resting on a base of sex and testosterone... Mandom.

Why So Serious?

Very well said about this fragrance, and I wholeheartedly agree. I laughed at the below a little.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Guapo View Post
    A girl I was dating said, just before she molested me
    Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Kilian Apple Brandy
    3. Amouage Fate Man
    4. Andrea Maack Coven
    5. Naomi Goodsir Bois d'Ascese

I love it too. Love the richness of it.
    " Only wimps swim with the current "