Code of Conduct

Default Gucci pour Homme (2003): Reformulated before discontinuation?

I purchased a bottle of Gucci pour Homme (TomFord Era) , batch code 0237 (=year 2010). It seems lighter and less persistent than others, produced during previous years. The bottles and boxes are identical (=no fakes). Do you know something about a possible reformulation during years 2009-2010?

BTW: A bottle of discontinued GpH 100 ml 3.4 oz "After Shave" (cubic black box) for 35 euros (=45 US dollars)...it's worth it?

Default Re: Gucci pour Homme (2003): Reformulated before discontinuation?

Not aware of any reformulation prior to its discontinuance.

I bought a bottle when it first came out and another bottle when Gucci PH II came out and the handwriting was on the wall for Gucci PH I. My two bottles of Gucci PH I are the same though they were purchased four or five years apart.

- I've never tried an after shave version...

I have a bottle I purchased in 2007/2008ish. I also have a much older bottle with some left. I'll compare them, but I never noticed a difference. What exactly is missing for you?

I own two bottles from 2009 and two from its last production year 2011 (batch codes) and all smell exactly the same.
    Never smelled a bottle prior to 2009 but never heard it was reformulated either.
    My Top '10' : (In no particular order)

- Dolce & Gabbana: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Paco Rabanne: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Loewe: Esencia/Pour Homme/Solo/7
    - YSL: Opium Pour Homme Edp
    - Jacques Bogart: Bogart Pour Homme (2004)
    - MPG: Santal Noble
    - Guerlain: Vetiver
    - Amouage: Jubilation XXV
    - Hermes: Terre d'Hermes
    - YSL: Kouros (Fraicheur)

ok, the first bottles were labeled in 2005 and the last one in 2010, it seems there is a bit difference in longevity and sillage. I guessed if there was a reformulation, or, more simply, the older bottles become more "concentrated" and intense after so many years.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrč Moreau View Post
    ok, the first bottles were labeled in 2005 and the last one in 2010, it seems there is a bit difference in longevity and sillage. I guessed if there was a reformulation, or, more simply, the older bottles become more "concentrated" and intense after so many years.
    Bolded is possible. I have maybe 8mLs left of YSL L'Homme from about 2 years ago. I thought that it had gone rancid but in actually this stuff is just stronger. It last longer and projects more than my current bottle. Both are 100% accurate, Also The older one I use to storm in the bathroom under my sink so who knows...

I have a bottle that was purchased a couple of years ago. It has mega-sillage and longevity. I purchased a back-up bottle earlier this year since it is discontinued and getting harder to find. I noticed that the newer bottle smells exactly the same but I get less sillage than the older bottle.

- - - Updated - - -

batch code 0237 (=year 2010)
    Please, how is the date determined? checkcosmetic.net gives a different result. I'd like to check mine (1060).

I purchased a bottle of Gucci pour Homme (TomFord Era) , batch code 0237 (=year 2010). It seems lighter and less persistent than others, produced during previous years. The bottles and boxes are identical (=no fakes). Do you know something about a possible reformulation during years 2009-2010?

BTW: A bottle of discontinued GpH 100 ml 3.4 oz "After Shave" (cubic black box) for 35 euros (=45 US dollars)...it's worth it?
    This has been my experience with my bottle too.

I got the After Shave too. It's identical to the fragrance. Just lighter ... But not my much, lol

I can confirm Gucci batch code 0237 is year 2010. Another confirmation for my bottle is the date stamped on the LOWER-INNER side of the box -many people ignore this!- that report year 2010.
    By the way: the 1060 code is March 2011, it's a bit strange since Gucci pour Homme was discontinued at the end of 2010. Maybe it's one of last bottle produced, or there is some mistake with the cosmetic check
    I suggest you to open completely your box and watch closely the low inner flip.

I can confirm Gucci batch code 0237 is year 2010. Another confirmation for my bottle is the date stamped on the LOWER-INNER side of the box -many people ignore this!- that report year 2010.
    By the way: the 1060 code is March 2011, it's a bit strange since Gucci pour Homme was discontinued at the end of 2010. Maybe it's one of last bottle produced, or there is some mistake with the cosmetic check
    I suggest you to open completely your box and watch closely the low inner flip.
    Imo it was/is discontinued after the first half of 2011.
    Two of my 100ml bottles I bought somewhere in September 2011 are produced June 30, 2011 (the batchcode is 1180)

They smell the same as my other 2009 100ml and 30ml travelspray bottle!

More about this:

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/297...homme-relaunch
    Last edited by Slayerized; 21st November 2012 at 11:03 AM.
    My Top '10' : (In no particular order)

- Dolce & Gabbana: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Paco Rabanne: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Loewe: Esencia/Pour Homme/Solo/7
    - YSL: Opium Pour Homme Edp
    - Jacques Bogart: Bogart Pour Homme (2004)
    - MPG: Santal Noble
    - Guerlain: Vetiver
    - Amouage: Jubilation XXV
    - Hermes: Terre d'Hermes
    - YSL: Kouros (Fraicheur)