Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Don't be this guy

Quote Originally Posted by noirdrakkar View Post
    ... at least in my opinion.

That little phrase means a world of difference, to me. It helps differentiate a personal viewpoint from a lecture. 60% of the time, people tend to resent lectures and attack pedants, every time.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjvQFtlNQ-M
    Last edited by socalwoman; 23rd November 2012 at 04:06 PM.

i normally spray between 10-15 times for almost all the fragrances i wear, with very few exceptions (potentially cloying, abnormally powerful projection and sillage). it's probably also one of the reasons why i have always (subconciously or not) steered clear of vintage and the uber macho masculines of the 70's and 80's.
    i have noticed that my skin is very dry and it absorbs most perfumes very quickly leaving only a faint trace/cloud of smell. i have never received a negative comment from friends/relatives/colleagues and i know what my 'limit' is (so to speak). i'd spray 1 or 2 times only if it's from a sample (because there is only that much in it).

Quote Originally Posted by danny1967 View Post
    i normally spray between 10-15 times for almost all the fragrances i wear, with very few exceptions (potentially cloying, abnormally powerful projection and sillage). it's probably also one of the reasons why i have always (subconciously or not) steered clear of vintage and the uber macho masculines of the 70's and 80's.
    i have noticed that my skin is very dry and it absorbs most perfumes very quickly leaving only a faint trace/cloud of smell. i have never received a negative comment from friends/relatives/colleagues and i know what my 'limit' is (so to speak). i'd spray 1 or 2 times only if it's from a sample (because there is only that much in it).
    Yeah man if you got into the 80's powerhouses you could do some serious damage with that many sprays. Matter of fact you might be arrested in some countries.
    Currently wearing: Supremacy Silver by Afnan

Haha!

I bought my SO a bottle of that a few years ago as a joke. Smells ok but not for wear really. Looks humorous on the dresser!

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    Yeah man if you got into the 80's powerhouses you could do some serious damage with that many sprays. Matter of fact you might be arrested in some countries.
    lucky me.

Banned
    Blog Entries

i love this video

Basenotes Plus

i love this video
    I'm laughing (yes, the video is funny) but mostly because you're bumping this thread after the rack of grief it brought down on you in November. You must be a glutton for punishment.

Disclaimer: Any posting by Dernier_cri to this thread in no way shape or form expresses his (Dernier_cri's) opinion in favor of nor opposed to any ideas expressed by the original poster nor any ideas or opinions expressed here by anyone whosoever whatsoever or whensoever.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Grief hahah. You know I'm just having fun here. Just trying to put up a funny video with a semi serious point.

There will be people who overanalyze and try to be internet psychologists, but I find it funny. Keep it on. I like the attention ahaha.

Basenotes Plus

There will be people who overanalyze and try to be internet psychologists, but I find it funny. Keep it on. I like the attention ahaha.
    Well......you have thicker skin than I do. I'm being hounded by the sarcasm police at present. But if I'm not sarcastic I'm just not myself. I could care less how any basenoter expresses himself, no matter how wrongly, as long as he is not overtly rude and as long as I get a chance to say what I want in reply without being intimidated. But there are many minefield threads that I just leave alone now. Threads that just call out to people with an axe to grind about one thing or another. Still, I am genetically unable to keep myself from calling the overtly ridiculous "ridiculous" sometimes. Can't help it. Sorry for the venting. Don't let your skin get too thick. You lose sensitivity and might end up with your foot in your mouth.

Banned
    Blog Entries

yeah i get a lot of criticism and condescending posts, but i also get a lot of praise from people for being independent minded and unafraid to express honest opinions, no matter how controversial. life's too short to be and only be at the median. i wouldnt have it any other way. maybe im turning this into a vanity thread, i dunno lol, but still. there's a gap on what a basenoters think it strong and what the average person thinks is strong.

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    yeah man if you got into the 80's powerhouses you could do some serious damage with that many sprays. Matter of fact you might be arrested in some countries.
    rotflmao!!!!!
    My Warm Weather Lineup: Royal Mayfair, Roja Dove Enigma, Xerjoff Nio, L'humaniste, Jardin d' Amalfi, Pure White Cologne, Bergamot 22, Jubilation XXV, CHAMBRE NOIRE, Chanel Edition Blanche, CH MEN, Scent Of Peace, DHS, AVENTUS, GIT, VIW, MI.

yeah i get a lot of criticism and condescending posts, but i also get a lot of praise from people for being independent minded and unafraid to express honest opinions, no matter how controversial. life's too short to be and only be at the median. i wouldnt have it any other way. maybe im turning this into a vanity thread, i dunno lol, but still. there's a gap on what a basenoters think it strong and what the average person thinks is strong.
    I don't understand why people would be upset about any of this really. I understand that some cultures are quite different as to what they perceive as normal, but the last time I checked a "special sense of smell" isn't one of the cultural guidelines. Bottom line is that it isn't acceptable to stink and if you get close to me and you reek I'll say something. If you don't like it then take a shower, hold back on the sprays, or be prepared to get vomited on.
    Last edited by silentrich; 27th February 2013 at 05:40 PM.

Banned
    Blog Entries

exactly. you have a right to wear what ever you want, but you cant invade other peoples senses.

sure, 6 sprays for someone may project as much as 2 sprays for someone else, i get that, but find that magic number for you, and never go past it. because it's just wrong to irritate allergic people, it's insensitive and inconsiderate.

exactly. you have a right to wear what ever you want, but you cant invade other peoples senses.

sure, 6 sprays for someone may project as much as 2 sprays for someone else, i get that, but find that magic number for you, and never go past it. because it's just wrong to irritate allergic people, it's insensitive and inconsiderate.
    There's a few topics that seem to really raise the ire of some people. One is sexuality and the other is number of sprays. The way I look at it anytime your invading one's personal space it's being rude. In other words don't put your hands on me, don't get in my face, and don't force me to smell you when your 20 feet away from me. Fragrance is even worse because it invades your intimate space which really tends to piss people off. If it's something that smells bad or I don't like then I can take a step and avoid the smell. The problem of course is that you get these morons that don't have the common sense and put on way too much and get upset when someone calls them out. I wonder if these same people would think it's wrong or rude when someone grabs their head, puts it by their butt, and decides to unleash the Kraken. That's why you "Don't want to be Brian Fantanta."
    Last edited by silentrich; 27th February 2013 at 10:08 PM.