Code of Conduct

Thread: Fields of Rubus

Default Fields of Rubus

My sample just arrived...I eagerly (and carefully!) ripped it open and....

It's not at all what I expected, but awesome nonetheless! I was thoroughly expecting an explosion of fruity berries but I was met with CHOCOLATE (one review mentioned this so I wasn't completely unprepared for it) then about a minute later the berries came out....

Really dark, yummy berries. Spicy and reminds me of a country store selling jams and berry pies.

It's very much fall/winter here right now, I'm trying to imagine this in the summer time..I *think* it would translate well

I've had it on for less than 5 minutes and keep burying my nose in my arm to smell it.

Any other love for this one?

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Fields of Rubus

I thought is was a great fragrance. I just didn't see it as something that I could wear, if that makes any sense.

When I tested it, I found it lasted for a long time, and I could still smell the raspberry 10 hours later. To me, it was very linear, but in a good way.

Raspberry is a weird note for me- in perfumes i usually mistake it for something else! It turns out BLACKBERRY is the one i've bee seeking.

Fields of Rubus is truly a work of art. My throat is scratchy and hoarse though, and I'm afraid it's the perfume that is doing it. It's a shame, because I truly wanted to be able to truly appreciate it.

I have to give it another shot (with a lighter hand) and see if it's really that or something else.

Frederic Malle Portrait of the Lady might be what you are looking for.
    Another one -- and I was looking for a soft fruity rose with raspberries, nothing too distinct, just something comfortable and huggable -- comes from Anthropology store and is called Ineke Briar Rose.

Thanks for posting this thread. Overall, I would like to try some Kerosene fragrances in 2013, especially this one and Roses. I wonder, where do people get samples? (I checked the line is NA at LuckyScent).

Perfumed Court has some, a kerosene sampler coffret. Also, Surrender To Chance has some as well..also has a coffret.

Perfumed Court is out of Fields of Rubus currently. I got mine from Surrender to Chance (and got much better customer service from them as well).

I'll check out Briar Rose, thanks!!!

I really, really, love Fields of Rubus. I'm so disappointed that it doesn't seem to love me because it's an AMAZING scent!!!! I'm going to try again in a few days and see if the same thing happens.

I learned about Kerosene perfumes, after seeing this thread yesterday. So, thank you Kaelee.
    For anyone interested in samples, someone on ebay sells 3 ml decants of Fields of Rubus,, the rose one and tha santal one. Not associated in any way!