Code of Conduct
    Banned

Default eau de joy or joy?

Hello, there have been just few posts about this subject, and still unclear to me

There are vintage and modern Eau de joy? Are vintage only in black boxes with red cap? How about the glass bottles that have the shape of Joy, just have Eau de joy name?

Also how would you compare Eau de joy vintage to Joy edt vintage?
    Or Eau de joy to joy perfume,

I have tried only vintage edt, and it smells very rosy, nice! And have seen there is good longevity, reminded me a lot of amouage gold in a way but less dirty , less dark,

Eau de joy vintage in a glass bottle seems to have lighter juice then joy perfume what i have seen on pictures, any comment please

And thank you very much!!

Default Re: eau de joy or joy?

Luca Turin claims that Eau de Joy was the same as Joy EDT (or edp?), but I have never smelled an eau de joy. I do not think there is currently any eau de joy in production. Vintage Joy parfum is more vivid and richer than the edt - more of everything, deeper, and more long lasting.

I have not smelled the most recent (post 2010) reformulation. LT claims the parfum is now very rosy (jasmine having been severely restricted). I actually stopped by the Patou store last week and they didnt have any Joy parfum, they said theyre waiting for the new batch, which wont be ready until spring 2013.

cacio

The modern Joy appears to come predominantly in the EDT and EDP. The Eau de Joy is the early equivalent to Joy Eau de Parfum. The modern version of the square traditional bottle with the label that say 'Joy Jean Patou Paris' is marked with its strength underneath.

Eau de Joy is no longer being produced. It is in a splash bottle and comes in a wide bottle with a short neck and a simple gold top. It is nothing like the beautiful traditional bottle associated with the Joy parfum. Bottles of Eau de Joy can be found for reasonable money and are a good way to determine if you really want to go the whole 'hog' and invest in a pure parfum. The vintage EdJ and the Parfum are very similar in notes and behaviour, except of course, the parfum is richer, smoother and in my opinion, prettier.

A side by side test of the Eau de Joy and the modern EDP reveals that the original was a much richer, deeper and more balanced blend of ingredients. The ingredients are also obviously very good quality and in comparison, the new version smells rather coarse and 'almost unfinished'.

The vintage has a fair dose of civet, as would be expected from older formulations. This note can be quite disconcerting to the modern nose. I have not smelled the EDT either modern or vintage. Actually, I'm not sure that there is vintage EDT, since I have never seen it in any of my regular explorations of the vintage market.

I have not seen modern Joy Parfum for sale, except in the outrageously expensive Baccarat bottle. It seems to me that most of us have acquired our parfum through places like Ebay and that in earlier times, many women had the pure parfum.

From what I gathered from my research prior to buying my small parfum, the traditional square bottle in splash, is the pure parfum. The fact that it's pure parfum can be seen from the price.

The black and red bottles are pure parfum, and appear to be more expensive per ml than the traditional clear glass bottles. Some people believe that the bottle, not being clear, will keep its contents in better condition than those exposed to light.

Banned

Cacio thank you:-)

LiliB thank you so much for sharing your experience,

I have found so many variations that i felt lost, some mentioned there is pink eau de joy, so was confused in the end

from your description i would say eau de joy is like watered down joy parfum,

I did try vintage edt and it smells rosy to me, i like it very much!more roses then jasmine maybe, and have found perfume that has label Joy de
    Jean Patou Paris, so was thinking this small "de" was added later?

Many thanks!!

- - - Updated - - -

Cacio thank you:-)

LiliB thank you so much for sharing your experience,

I have found so many variations that i felt lost, some mentioned there is pink eau de joy, so was confused in the end

from your description i would say eau de joy is like watered down joy parfum,

I did try vintage edt and it smells rosy to me, i like it very much!more roses then jasmine maybe, and have found perfume that has label Joy de
    Jean Patou Paris, so was thinking this small "de" was added later?

Many thanks!!