Code of Conduct

Default Thoughts on F pour Homme Black?

I'm not much for lavender, but the explosion of tonka and lavender in this scent is fantastic. It's blended perfectly. I've tried a lot of scents, but nothing that has smelled like this. Very interesting.

How are your feelings?
    "We don't fail because we aim too high and miss, but because we aim too low and hit" - Les Brown

"Sometimes we need to suffer just so we can look at our lives and know we're for real" - Francis Chan

Default Re: Thoughts on F pour Homme Black?

Funny that someone should ask about it today: I just tested it at a Macy's store yesterday. Very, very nice fragrance. But be warned that the far drydown is a bit unisex.

My feeling on F Black is that this is the fragrance one would wear if one wanted to appear like a thoroughly nice guy (and I don't mean that in a disparaging way). E.g., if a young man was going to meet his in-laws-to-be, this is the perfect scent I'd suggest for it.

I tried this on after reading the great reviews on here, I don't know if my bottle turned or something, but I found it sickly. I had bad comments on it from some of the people I was with as well.
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    Want to buy! "Nothing?!, well that's a first."

Didn't care for this one either.

Love this one. Very nice.

Basenotes Plus

I've only tried the regular F pour Homme and I thoroughly enjoy it. I'll have to try this one soon. I know this is off-topic but I think Salvatore Ferragamo has the worst customer service I've ever encounter. Try to buy these fragrances from gray markets because the company is awful.

I hate lavender has it is but F Black is an overdose made more sickly with sticky sweet tonka bean added in. Not one of Polge's best in my opinion

I like this one and it projects great one me.

It's OK. I've gone through a couple of samples, and I kind of like it, but it has what I would call an aspirin note in the middle that bothers me, like the smell you get when you open a bottle of aspirin. I have noticed that in a few other contemporary fragrances too. Wish I knew what causes it. Later I get kind of a leathery smell in the drydown of F Black, which I do like, but I don't think I would get a bottle of it.