Code of Conduct

Default 1 Million Absolutely Gold vs 1 Million Original?

I've tried the original 1 million in store on recommendation from the attractive girl behind the counter which I did really like, then doing a bit of research on it I discovered it had good silage and was long lasting so I bought some on ebay.

To my dismay I have since realised I purchased the 1 Million Absolutely Gold version.

What is the difference between these two? Is the Gold a EDP version of the original? This is what I have gathered from google but the seller on ebay has it listed as a EDT. Will I be happy with the Gold version since I like the original?

Default Re: 1 Million Absolutely Gold vs 1 Million Original?

None please

The absolute is very floral and more feminine heady on rose and jasmine. I believe the absolute was created for the Middle Eastern market it is very non conformist from a westerns idea of a mans fragrance.

If it is real then you will probably be very happy with the Abs Gold version. 1 Million is probably in the top 5 most faked fragrances right now. Why didnt you just buy it from the attractive girl? The prices on ebay are not that great....

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    Why didn't you just buy it from the attractive girl? The prices on ebay are not that great....
    Exactly.

I really thought Absolutely gold is a superb fragrance. Its a Pure Parfume and smells fantastic to my nose:

My description below:

Quote Originally Posted by Neil4Speed View Post
    Great review, you essentially had a pretty similar experience to mine.

I have been travelling around for the past month or so and saw this bottle at a few international duty free's. I never paid any attention to it thinking that it was just a full gold bottle of 1M. Then yesterday when travelling through heathrow I was mobbed by a lady selling it. I promptly stated that I had it, but she assured me that I didn't have this one. Its a "new" fragrance and lasts much longer than the old one (wow, what a way to sell one million, what is this? Chemical Weapon status?). Regardless I had a spray as she mentioned it is a pure perfume, hmm, interesting take for sure, a great deep lush scent, that smells very natural and refined to my nose. The price on this one was 55 Pounds, which is very reasonable for a pure perfume - I didn't buy it however as I'm trying to cut my fragrance budget a bit and DHI was to be my Duty Free Purchase.

Unfortunately for this fragrance, the fault is that for any other nose, it will smell exactly like one million, and you will smell exactly like sea of other men who choose this as their fragrance (with good reason, I believe that the original one million is a well done scent). If I didn't have it already I would have picked it up without thinking. If this product wasn't so familiar to the masses and put in a niche bottle, I know that for sure we would have a BN phenomenon on our hands.

I think we should give PR a bit of credit here though. It would have been so easy for them to pump out a One Million Sport and collect enormous amounts of cash. However, they decided to push the boundaries and provide a more refined product which would have cost a bit to produce (seeing as it is a pure perfume).
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    Want to buy! "Nothing?!, well that's a first."

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Thank you for that great description. I will definitely be trying this one out. I liked the original a lot when it was first introduced. However, as time when it one smelled more and more synthetic to me. I'm like to read that this perfume version is more natural and lush.

Blog Entries

What sources do you have as One Million being widely counterfeited? I haven't heard of it being faked, b/c it is not that expensive to begin with...Now Creeds are another story...

^ It has definitely been faked. Any fragrance with that amount of popularity will almost always be faked, e.g. Aqua Di Gio, Chanel Bleu, Chanel Allure Homme Sport, Le Male etc.

http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?...tId=0&manual=y

It is just as expensive as every other faked fragrance. You can never really find it on sale because there is such a demand for it.

Every single one of these auctions that start out at $1.00 and no reserve are counterfeit.

http://www.ebay.com/ctg/Paco-Rabanne...ette-/77644677

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post
    The absolute is very floral and more feminine heady on rose and jasmine. I believe the absolute was created for the Middle Eastern market it is very non conformist from a westerns idea of a mans fragrance.
    sh*t!

If it is real then you will probably be very happy with the Abs Gold version. 1 Million is probably in the top 5 most faked fragrances right now. Why didnt you just buy it from the attractive girl? The prices on ebay are not that great....
    I wanted to do some research on it first and found it $35 cheaper on ebay

I bought some bvlgari aqva pour homme off her though

http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?...tId=0&manual=y

It is just as expensive as every other faked fragrance. You can never really find it on sale because there is such a demand for it.

Every single one of these auctions that start out at $1.00 and no reserve are counterfeit.

http://www.ebay.com/ctg/Paco-Rabanne...ette-/77644677

Fuuuu!!! What are some signs of it being fake to look for once i receive it?

Sorry for all the bad news man. You might have lucked out and it may be real....
    Who was the seller you bought it from? link?

They are getting so good at making the bottles that it may be hard to tell from the bottle alone. You will know when you smell it. It will smell sort of like 1 Million but wont last very long. Fake juice is always really watery also.

- - - Updated - - -

These might help.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhzXjMytu0w
    Last edited by heperd; 22nd November 2012 at 03:43 AM.

Sorry for all the bad news man. You might have lucked out and it may be real....
    Who was the seller you bought it from? link?
    yeah right, im not that lucky lol. My own fault, I should have known too good to be true

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/181023888...84.m1497.l2649

What are your thoughts on the ebay link, look legit or fake to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Crusher_ View Post
    What are your thoughts on the ebay link, look legit or fake to you?
    It will certainly be interesting to see if it DOES ship from Brisbane, like the ad says. Where are you located, Crusher?
    The seller appears to be based in Malaysia, and the English in the ad is pretty average.

The price is a little too good, tbh.

The ad DOES reference the Absolutely Gold, but I think it's the regular 1Million that you will receive, as it's referenced more often than Gold.

When it arrives, have a good look at the bottle, and maybe even bring it along with you and compare it to a legit bottle.

99.9% of ebay fragrances are fake. Especially if its something widely known and popular. People on here will quote me and say im lying but trust me. I've been there and done that. Waste of time and money.

Ebay prices are too good to be true for a reason. To the average person they look legit. Take a closer look and compare to a real bottle and you will see for yourself.

1 Million AG is pure perfume, not EDP. I find it to be quite similar to the original, but a more smooth around the edges version of it. I don't see owning both as necessary because they're really not very different. AG is slightly more ambery, and it doesn't have the sour drydown of the original. To most, you won't be able to tell a difference, it's subtle. Projection and longevity are more or less the same. I'd prefer AG since it's a generally better quality fragrance, but if you just smelled AG on its own not knowing what it was, you'd very likely just think its the original.
    Splits!

Tom Ford - Patchouli Absolu --------> http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...tchouli-Absolu

I have never been sold a fake on Ebay UK.

Quote Originally Posted by timdoeswell View Post
    It will certainly be interesting to see if it DOES ship from Brisbane, like the ad says. Where are you located, Crusher?
    The seller appears to be based in Malaysia, and the English in the ad is pretty average.

The price is a little too good, tbh.

The ad DOES reference the Absolutely Gold, but I think it's the regular 1Million that you will receive, as it's referenced more often than Gold.

When it arrives, have a good look at the bottle, and maybe even bring it along with you and compare it to a legit bottle.
    Im in central Vic, and yeah thinking about it now the price does look just a little too good

So after having some strange conversations with the seller, probably due to their horrible English more than anything i think we have to come to an agreement that he will refund me half the money then I will send it back once I receive it and he will refund the other half.

He stilled hasn't confirmed if its real or not and keeps saying its "high quality" and doesnt know why I want a refund..