Code of Conduct

Default Hermessence Brin De Reglisse longevity issues

I love this fragrance, but after two hours is gone *POOF* no trace. I was wondering if there was a fragrance that was like it...that would satisfy my hunger for this smooth Lavender, Tonka and Anise????
    Im the be$t @ thi$

Default Re: Hermessence Brin De Reglisse longevity issues

The fresh licorice top is wonderful indeed. I guess volatility is in the dna of these substances - I cannot think of anything similar. Lempicka au masculin has a good long lasting licorice, but it is sweeter and heavier. Dior Eau Noire has an intense lavender licorice note with an immortelle which lasts forever - but it is at the opposite end of the spectrum from the freshness and lightness of BdR.

cacio

Paging Mikeperez23, where r thou? I can't seem to locate ur Brin de reglisse guest post on Helga's site. In that one, Ellena focused on the higher octaves of lavender absolute, which veer into caramel and licorice tonalities. U(or Helga) hypothesized that the ratio of natural lavender in Brin de Reglisse (an aromatic material extended to its natural extremities approaching licorice notes) required adjustment in view of the upcoming IFRA restrictions.

I lament the longevity issue which plagued Brin de Reglisse like no other Hermessence release up to date. Pls share w/ us ur erudite findings one more time!!
    Last edited by googl.plex1; 21st November 2012 at 11:52 PM.
    On Sillage:

If someone can smell me at more than an arm's length away, I'm probably wearing too much of whatever I applied; if she can distinctly make out the top notes, then perhaps I left the house a bit too soon..

On icebreaker:

I tend to compliment people on their frags to make short talks rather than anything more meaningful.

¿Si o No?

You might check out 1000 Flowers - Reglisse Noire

top - white pepper, ozone, mint, shiso leaf
    heart - star anise, ginger, licorice, cocoa, allspice
    base - vetiver, cedarwood, vanilla, musk

No lavender or tonka...but I like it more than au masculine as the anise/vanilla teeter-totter was more in favor of the anise vibe than vanilla. Hard to pinpoint, but it just feels a 'more quality' fragrance. Longevity is not an issue, at least for me.
    Simplex Sigillum Veri

It is extremely fleeting, but a wonderful fragrance nonetheless. I had concerns about longevity before I got my FB, but I haven't really thought much about it after I bought it. On me it seems to last significantly longer in a full wear and under clothing than the impression you get from the sample vial. Go heavy on the trigger (8-10 sprays) and you're fine!
    Cacio mentioned Eau Noire in this connection and I absolutely agree with him that "it's at the opposite end of the spectrum from the freshness and lightness of BdR." EN is a gorgeous spicy heavy lavender (kind of in the same category of "loud lavenders" as Musc Ravageur and Mouchoir de Monsieur, although they're of course all very different from each other in many other respects), BdR an ephemeral deconstructed fougère-like cologne. All are lavender masterpieces IMO and none excludes the others any more than it can adequately substitute them...

Don't experience major longevity issues with the Hermes scent which is wonderful indeed.

I own the Dior....I love it. But, for some reason the Hermes keeps calling my name.
    Im the be$t @ thi$

It's beautiful while it lasts and then, that's it.... I guess it's just another reason to appreciate it while it's on.

I get about 3-4 hours from it, then it turns into a skin scent for another few.

The only thing close to it would have to be something like Oxford and Cambridge by Czech and Speake. There's no licorice, but the lavender is complimented by mint, and it lasts a lot longer than Brin de Reglisse. Very dry, yet fresh, without too much musk or other heavy notes.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by googl.plex1 View Post
    ...I can't seem to locate ur Brin de reglisse guest post on Helga's site. In that one, Ellena focused on the higher octaves of lavender absolute, which veer into caramel and licorice tonalities. U(or Helga) hypothesized that the ratio of natural lavender in Brin de Reglisse (an aromatic material extended to its natural extremities approaching licorice notes) required adjustment in view of the upcoming IFRA restrictions.
    Here is a link to that post on Perfume Shrine:

http://perfumeshrine.blogspot.com/20...mours-and.html

Thank u, 30 Roses.

I just smelled BdR 4 the 1st t back @ Hermes since its introduction. It appears saturated in licorice, almost to the point of repletion, followed by a strand of lavender(I tested Chanel's Jersey in the same week, which begins w/ a blast of natural lavender in comparison) than I remembered from the bottle I have @ home, which lends credence to Mike's/Helga's assessment. I also found his review on a basenotes thread below:

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/202...-a-mini-review

I think I must have gotten them confused

Happy Holidays!
    Last edited by googl.plex1; 1st December 2012 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Delineation
    On Sillage:

If someone can smell me at more than an arm's length away, I'm probably wearing too much of whatever I applied; if she can distinctly make out the top notes, then perhaps I left the house a bit too soon..

On icebreaker:

I tend to compliment people on their frags to make short talks rather than anything more meaningful.

¿Si o No?

Unfortunately it isn't just you as the scent is very fleeting.

Also, subjectivity to fragrance is always interesting since I hate black licorice and this fragrance I absolutely could not stand.
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM