Code of Conduct

Default House of Vintage Dana Do you have any vintage Dana perfumes and would you like to talk about theam?

I am a colector of Vintage Dana perfumes and would like to know who else likes them,colects them or knows anything about them.At the moment I have Tabu,Ambush,Emir,Kali,20 Carats,Platine,Bolero.What do you have and what do you think of them?
    Last edited by Le Chat; 11th April 2013 at 11:26 PM.
    Nicole

Default Re: House of Vintage Dana Do you have any vintage Dana perfumes and would you like to talk about th

I only know Tabu, which I have both in parfum and in edc. Glorious. The current one, while nowhere near what it was before, isn't bad either, considering the fact that I got 2oz for $9.99, regular price at a drugstore!

We talked about Emir elsewhere, I'm stumped, I simply cannot smell it - I guess it's the fact that it's an edc. Ambush appears from time to time on ebay at not unreasonable prices, so I may cave in sooner or later.

cacio

Default Re: House of Vintage Dana Do you have any vintage Dana perfumes and would you like to talk about th

It is terrible not to be able to smell them.It's like they are the ghosts of their former selves,isn't it?I had the same feeling with a new formulation of Tabu-the one manufactured in Australia.It was my first bottle of Tabu.I use it for layering.Jean Carles was famous for this inovative way of creating scents so that they can be mixed with other ones.Somehow the reformulators (how injurious of me) have managed to preserve that quality of tabu.The difference in scent it may be something to do with their taste in their type of 'tabu woman' I suppose.Can't argue with that,can you?
    Nicole

Ambush is sooo sweeet (not in a good way) on me!Cannot relate the name to the fragrance.Does not seem to be one of Jean Carles but who knows?

- - - Updated - - -
    Last edited by Le Chat; 11th April 2013 at 11:02 PM.
    Nicole

Ghost is the right word in the Emir edc case. The current Tabu here in the states is also weaker than it was, but it is still strong enough. Actually, a tabu I smelled a few years ago in a drugstore was actually stronger than the original, but sharper, more leathery in an unpleasant way. Evidently, they must have lightened it a bit in the past couple of years.

Speaking of Tabu, last year I bought this vintage set on ebay (I hope the link works). Lovely, isn't it?
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...&rt=nc&afsrc=1

cacio

I have minis of Tabu, which I adore, and a vintage mini of Ambush. It's quite a serious powder beast. Lovely in really cold weather, a bit too much otherwise.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

I wore Tabu and Ambush when I was a teenager, and still have a vintage bottle of Ambush, mostly to sniff now and then. I rather like it. Husband wears Canoe occasionally.

I've got an old bottle of Tabu, bought about 20 years ago, and I think it's pretty amazing for an inexpensive scent.
    'I suggest we learn to love ourselves before it's made illegal.'

Has anyone heard of Kali by Dana? Or Violetas del Don? I found a mini of Kali and an empty bottle of Violetas on ebay.Love ebay-it's like a treasure cave!

The bottle of Violetas was made in....Argentina! They must have had a manufacturer over there. So,calling all argentinians! Do you have any Dana perfumes,empty bottles,adverts or memories of them?I would like to know!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    Ghost is the right word in the Emir edc case. The current Tabu here in the states is also weaker than it was, but it is still strong enough. Actually, a tabu I smelled a few years ago in a drugstore was actually stronger than the original, but sharper, more leathery in an unpleasant way. Evidently, they must have lightened it a bit in the past couple of years.

Speaking of Tabu, last year I bought this vintage set on ebay (I hope the link works). Lovely, isn't it?
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...&rt=nc&afsrc=1

cacio
    WAAWWW! What an absolute steal!Where do you live again?

Wrong question.Sorry!Do you still have any left?
    Last edited by Le Chat; 11th April 2013 at 03:57 PM.
    Nicole