Code of Conduct

Default Angel men/dior homme intense

Well, I posted before asking for a fragrance with a great projection and that gets compliments to wear to go out at night, especially on a date. I had some suggestions but unfortunately I didn't have the oportunity to try all of them, especially dior homme intense that attracted me more than the others... I had the oportunity to try angel men and I loved it!
    I want the opinion of your experienced noses :P... Is it a good frangrance to wear at night (especially on a date), projects great and gets a lot of compliments? Should I buy it before trying Dior homme intense ?

Thank you!!!

@edit
    PS: Uniquiness is something really important for me as well,It doesn't have to be the most unique fragrance in the world but I dont want to wear something the girls at my age range usually smell on the other guys..

Default Re: Angel men/dior homme intense

For uniqueness at an affordable price, check out Encre Noire.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Angel Men is a nice scent, but Dior Homme Intense blows it out of the water.

Both are unique, though I think Angel Men is a little more unique.

But try them both first because $80+ is not small change

I wouldn't buy A*Men as a fragrance to impress the girls, because it may not. Many people (girls included) can't stand it.

If it were choosing between the two, I would definitely go with DHI. As already stated on here, some girls love it, but when I wore it back in the day, most of them did not like it at all. DHI is a classier scent for sure. It's better blended and I would have to say a much less offensive then A*Men. Most that I know don't find it offensive at all. I love the opening, the base and the dry down of this one. The dry down is one of, if not the most incredible smell your nose and hopefully others noses will ever encounter. I am never without this scent
    Last edited by djm; 20th December 2012 at 11:59 PM.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RedRaider430 View Post
    I wouldn't buy A*Men as a fragrance to impress the girls, because it may not. Many people (girls included) can't stand it.
    yeah, most fragrances are 50/50 when it comes to the ladies.

To the OP: IMO yes.

Definitely smell out DHI (or at least Dior Homme) before making your purchase. I love both DHI and A*men, but prefer the Dior.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

You may want to look into Van Cleef & Arpels, Midnight In Paris. It is a wonderfully seductive scent with tones of leather, vanilla, powdery. I only get compliments when wearing MIP.

Now I'm definately going to try to find dior homme intense and try on my skin. Some people recommended me La nuit de l'homme edt and also the one by d&g (I just tried the one it I loved the smell)... oh my god so many fragrances I'm getting lost about which one I buy
    But I think I'm going to LOVE DHI, years ago, before getting into fragrances I used to wear 212 for women in my parent's bathroom thinking that was for men
    Anyway I will soon notice you guys here when I choose and buy the fragrance

Quote Originally Posted by djm View Post
    DHI is a classier scent for sure. It's better blended and I would have to say a little less offensive then A*Men. Most that I know don't find it intensive at all.
    This.

Both are great fragrances. A*Men is more daring and playful, DHI is more elegant. It is less complex than A*Men but if I had to choose 1 it would be DHI without doubt.
    TOP 5 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus
    4. Creed Millesime Imperial
    5. Azzaro Chrome Sport

TOP 5 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme
    5. Byredo 1996

Both are great date scents , A*Men is better for a first date to make a strong impression and DHI for the dates to follow .
    The Mugler is more masculine , long-lasting and the more complex of the two.
    DHI is far less common than A*Men.

Both are likely to get compliments, but as already stated in several posts above, DHI is a slight bit more unique, less common and with more complexity.

Only thing that sucks is that I can't find a DHI sample

You guys do realize A*Men is one of the best men's frags ever developed, right? Wasn't sure. DHI is an overblown lipstick chocolate bomb. It's nothing special.

Nostradamus Me neither!!! Here in Brazil I try the fragrances at the local stores and buy them from the internet cheaper :P but I can't find dior homme intense anywhere...

@edit: Tomorrow I'm going to call a lot of stores in other cities asking if they have dior homme intense and if I don't find it, does it REALLY worth blind buying?

Quote Originally Posted by dogsinatub View Post
    You guys do realize A*Men is one of the best men's frags ever developed, right? Wasn't sure. DHI is an overblown lipstick chocolate bomb. It's nothing special.

Everyone has an opinion or is entitled to one of course. In my opinion I can say the same about A*men. Too tarry or bitterness of a scent, too popular, if over sprayed gets very annoying and cloying and is no where near the quality of Dior Intense Homme. It out classes it in just about every category.

Just like Coach Rob 619 says"What the ladies say, is what I spray". DHI ! Vic, don't cheat yourself, treat yourself. Pick up a bottle of DHI ASAP. You will see what all the talk is about. You can always pick up a bottle of A men. They make those flankers like license plates man.

If you walked into a restaurant that I was at wearing A** Men, I would trip the fire alarm and save everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by sjg3839 View Post
    Just like Coach Rob 619 says"What the ladies say, is what I spray". DHI ! Vic, don't cheat yourself, treat yourself. Pick up a bottle of DHI ASAP. You will see what all the talk is about. You can always pick up a bottle of A men. They make those flankers like license plates man.
    Couldn't agree with you more. The day I see a bottle of A*Men selling on ebay for 200-300 bucks a bottle like the first formulation of DHI, maybe then I will gain some respect for A*Men. Till then, it's just a scent that everyone wears, and it doesn't set you apart from anyone else wearing it. DHI is nothing but class in a bottle. From the initial spray to the dry down. It just keeps getting better and really is that good

Preach brother!!!
    Couldn't agree with you more. The day I see a bottle of A*Men selling on ebay for 200-300 bucks a bottle like the first formulation of DHI, maybe then I will gain some respect for A*Men. Till then, it's just a scent that everyone wears, and it doesn't set you apart from anyone else wearing it. DHI is nothing but class in a bottle. From the initial spray to the dry down. It just keeps getting better and really is that good

Quote Originally Posted by TJMAC View Post
    If you walked into a restaurant that I was at wearing A** Men, I would trip the fire alarm and save everyone.
    Lol
    ------------------------------------------------
    Currently on my Rotation:
    1. Cartier D'un Soir
    2. Loewe Essencia
    3. Bergamotto Marino
    4. Herb Alpert Listen
    5. Artisan
    6. Bang
    7. GIT
    8. Pal Zileri No 18
    9. TdH
    0. Kenzo Homme

I agree 100%, do you have the reformulation of DHI? It's not that much different from the vintage..

I am more than sure that if they discontinue A*Men all of sudden , it's price would pop off the roof .

I own and like them both, but to me DHI is FAR superior in every aspect and is a MUST have for every Collector or at least a MUST TRY for anyone intending to buy one fragrance...

Quote Originally Posted by checker View Post
    I agree 100%, do you have the reformulation of DHI? It's not that much different from the vintage..
    I have owned and do own both silver collar and the reformulation of DHI. While the reformulation is good too, I still prefer the vintage. I can tell the difference in the opening and mostly in the dry down. Somehow, I am not too fond of the replacement pear note (I can definitely smell it) in the reformulated. The bottles I own are from late 2009 up to about March or April of 2011. These to me, are the best.With the reform, I don't get too much of the cocoa which I really like. I get more vanilla, which is o.k too, but it just seems that too many frags have that vanilla note. A little is nice for me, but sometimes that is all I smell is vanilla. Would be nice to smell other notes of a frag as well besides the vanilla

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alain27 View Post
    I am more than sure that if they discontinue A*Men all of sudden , it's price would pop off the roof .
    Maybe yes, maybe no. DHI is not yet discontinued and everyone is still looking for the vintage formula of this one, as it is bringing in some big bucks. Not too sure the same would happen to A*men. A*Men is too easy of a scent to find and obtain. Even local drug stores carry it. Can't really say the same about DHI. Takes some hunting down to find, but once you do, it's well worth it in gold. Not saying A*Men is a bad scent, but I owned it at one time, and it took me forever to go through my bottle of it, as the bitterness and tar smell I got from it, really got to me and annoyed me. I didn't even want to wait for it to settle down. DHI is perfect to me in every sense of the word. My nose smells nothing but pure goodness from this one
    Last edited by djm; 21st December 2012 at 12:10 AM.

I would go for safe crowd pleasers. Aramani code and 1 million if it is not too common around you