Code of Conduct

Default Dior Homme Intense

I recently emailed Dior about purchasing this directly through them and the representative told me that its been discontinued and they have no immediate plans to bring it back. Is this true? I only ask because if so I wanna start stocking up on bottles now while it's available lol. I find it so strange that its so difficult to purchase, they dont even mention it on the official Dior website. Appreciate it if anyone could let me know.

Default Re: Dior Homme Intense

Oh hell no this better not be true... Tis my holy grail

Nonsense. There are huge ads for it almost monthly in the biggest UK mens magazines.

Don't know where you live, but can still be found at select Dior boutiques.

Anyone would would even think about discontinuing possibly the most amazing scent of all times, and losing so much money in the process must be simply insane!

I'm assuming the US representative had no idea what she was talking about. I've gone to the Dior website and changed my location to France, United Kingdom, Russia, and its still very much available in these locations. I don't really understand why you cant purchase through Dior's website if you live in the states, but oh well. I'll check out the Dior boutiques or just continue paying more and ordering from overseas hahah.

This would be the end of the fragrance world for me!!!
    CURRENT TOP 5

1. Dior Homme Intense
    2. Creed Aventus
    3. Tom Ford Extreme
    4. Gucci Pour Homme II
    5. Terre d'Hermes

^^^same here i want this to be my signature scent till i die just nothing else like it

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Don't know where you live, but can still be found at select Dior boutiques.
    Any in the US that you know of?
    For those about to stink, I salute you!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Stinky View Post
    Any in the US that you know of?
    Readily available on amazon. Reasonably priced, too.

The Dior boutiques in NYC and Las Vegas always carry it. There is no way DHI is being discontinued..

It actually outsells Dior Homme in some locations lol, very easily found in duty free shops in Europe and Asia.

Quote Originally Posted by checker View Post
    The Dior boutiques in NYC and Las Vegas always carry it. There is no way DHI is being discontinued..
    Correct. I got my bottle by calling the DH store in NYC directly and they shipped it to me. I believe it was $72 for the 3.4 oz bottle (can't be sure). I find that to be a bargain, considering this scent is basically niche.

Ordered mine from the Dior Boutique in Vegas at the Forum shops. $72 shipped.

I just picked up 3 bottles (3.4oz/100ML) from the Duty Free store for $76. DHI is no longer on the North American web site. I also hit the jackpot with it, got the original formulation silver colar ones (0V01). There's 2 bottles left in the store I might buy them next weekend.

Any word if the Dior Boutique in San Francisco carries this?
    Expect the unexpected.

Quote Originally Posted by Riverwide View Post
    Nonsense. There are huge ads for it almost monthly in the biggest UK mens magazines.
    +1, no way they pay a fortune for ads for a frag they're gonna discontinue.

Sephora in Northbrook IL had a ton. I was just there yesterday. I don't know exactly what the intrigue with this one is, but your local Sephora will probably have it.

i guess its better than the standard DH which smells like lipstick though...

Sound Scents

That's news to me. While I may personally dislike the stuff, it seems doubtful this one would be discontinued... Strange having that kind of information come directly from Dior though... You would think they would want a direct sale.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frdric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'dri) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Blog Entries

It is odd that it's not on dior.com, but OTOH, there are only 3 of the Exclusives listed there. And Eau Sauvage Parfum gets a HUGE ad, too.

I think they like keeping DHI just a bit under the covers, to keep the boys excited.

If it's true (which I hope not), I shall be buying 10 bottles to keep me going through the Apocalypse.

It is true; it's also taken off from the official Dior website. But it's still available a long time - the stocks last for a long time... months, even years. It was planned to be a limited edition in the first place afaik.
    "Le parfum est la musique du corps"
    (Marcel Rochas)

Hmmm,somebody check to see if tropics is dancing in the streets

Blog Entries

^lol!

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

I do not believe their is any truth to what you were told. The SA did not know what she was talking about.

They could do what Guerlain did with Derby, withdraw it from the market place for years then bring it back under their exclusive line and slap a very expensive price tag on it.lol

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by senore01 View Post
    I do not believe their is any truth to what you were told. The SA did not know what she was talking about.
    I agree - this cannot be a real, total, discontinuation. Discontinuation in stores (like Sephora) is very different from actual discontinuation.

Check out the French Dior website (settings Europe / France). DHI is right there. Also features Dune and Jules, too.

http://www.dior.com/beauty/fra/fr/pa...rhommefpl.html

Discontinuation from department stores in the American market - that I can believe. Discontinuation per se - no.

The big question is whether it will still be in the American boutiques. I don't recall seeing DHI in the Vegas boutique, where I bought Dior Homme Sport. But I could easily have missed it. But the question has relevance, because the Dior and Guerlain boutiques are run by the same company, and it is well-known that not ALL Paris Guerlain offerings are in Las Vegas. Quite a few of them are - in fact, the Vegas boutique offerings of Guerlains are pretty astounding. But some things are just not there.

The vintage is expensive to begin with! I can't imagine how expensive this juice will be if they do the same thing that Guerlain did with Derby. I am going to have to sell everything else in my collection and get another part time job just to be able to afford to wear it!

I wont' have any money, but I will sure smell good

DHI has never been on the U.S. website. It is not part of the exclusives line. It essentially doesn't exist in the US as far as Dior is concerned, with the exception of the Vegas and NYC boutiques.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    DHI has never been on the U.S. website. It is not part of the exclusives line. It essentially doesn't exist in the US as far as Dior is concerned, with the exception of the Vegas and NYC boutiques.
    Good to know. That pretty much explains things.

My personal opinion is that Dior would be foolish to pull it out of their American boutiques, and let counterfeiters take up the slack. Don't really think they'd want to send sales out of their authorized distributors.

I think most people are looking for the original formulation which I just happened to found a bunch of them in my local duty free shop. The tester in the store was the new formulation but the sealed boxes were the original ones.
    Last edited by just-visiting; 26th November 2012 at 07:44 AM.

Original is the best IMHO, BUT I have owned the first reformulations of these (Jan-Feb 2011) and I love both of those as well. Some of those are a little easier to come by, but are also getting slightly harder to track down. I get just as much longevity out of them as I do the Vintage juice. I also owned April 2011 which was awesome to me too. I have not gone past April at all. Not sure if I will

It's available at the local Dior boutique.

Quote Originally Posted by 350TPI View Post
    Hmmm,somebody check to see if tropics is dancing in the streets
    No way, i get too much amusment from the regulars talking this stink up as if their lives depended on it. I strongly suspect dhi isn't selling well though so it wouldn't surprise me if they decided to discontinue it. No man wants to smell like that!

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    The big question is whether it will still be in the American boutiques. I don't recall seeing DHI in the Vegas boutique, where I bought Dior Homme Sport. But I could easily have missed it. But the question has relevance, because the Dior and Guerlain boutiques are run by the same company, and it is well-known that not ALL Paris Guerlain offerings are in Las Vegas. Quite a few of them are - in fact, the Vegas boutique offerings of Guerlains are pretty astounding. But some things are just not there.
    Dior at the Palazzo had DHI when we were there, Red. I was just at Caesars Dior yesterdayish and they also had DHI.

Quote Originally Posted by Tropics View Post
    No way, i get too much amusment from the regulars talking this stink up as if their lives depended on it. I strongly suspect dhi isn't selling well though so it wouldn't surprise me if they decided to discontinue it. No man wants to smell like that!
    Sounds like you have an issue with DHI. I appreciate it's not your taste but for me and for a great number of Basenoters, it would be another bump in fragrance history.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tropics View Post
    Sounds like you have an issue with DHI. I appreciate it's not your taste but for me and for a great number of Basenoters, it would be another bump in fragrance history.

Quote Originally Posted by aphexacid View Post
    Sephora in Northbrook IL had a ton. I was just there yesterday. I don't know exactly what the intrigue with this one is, but your local Sephora will probably have it.

i guess its better than the standard DH which smells like lipstick though...
    Sephora in Northbrook has not carried this fragrance in a few years. I stopped there today, and it was Dior Homme that they had and not the "Intense version". Dior Homme is the one that smells more like lipstick pretty much throughout the entire wearing, and "Intense" only has the lipstick blast in the opening notes that changes within an hour or two.

I should have called them first. I thought it was too good to be true

^ are you sure? I could have swore it was right next to it.

Quote Originally Posted by aphexacid View Post
    ^ are you sure? I could have swore it was right next to it.
    You didn't swear enough! No go! She even opened the bottom section up and was looking through that when another SA came over and confirmed that they have not had Intense in several years and have no plans on getting anymore in. I'm very sure

- - - Updated - - -

Dior Homme and directly next to it was Dior Sport. No Intense to be had

- - - Updated - - -

I was the one doing the swearing! Driving like a maniac to get there and get dibs on whatever was left, to my dismay

- - - Updated - - -
    Last edited by djm; 26th November 2012 at 10:57 PM.

To all concerned. Stranger things have happened. Remember Gucci Envy for Men ?......bestseller, very popular and all that ~ and then suddenly........
    I suggest everybody here should plague Dior Boutiques, Macy's, Sephora, Debenham's etc., etc., etc.,(in respective countries) to find out what's really going on.........and report back !
    I have been buying this from a small German perfume chain and they told me they had an inkling that this "might" be being discontinued ???
    Thanks very much for this thread and for bringing this to our attention !!!
    " Only wimps swim with the current "

What happened after this? IS DHI discontinued?

Last time I checked at the local Douglas perfumery, it still seemed to be there, but I will ask the SAs for further information.

Still regularly advertised with full page ads in GQ, Esquire, etc. You don't spend advertising bucks on a fragrance you're discontinuing.

This is NOT being discontinued.

This bottle on ebay has a silver collar but a Feb 2012 batch code. Is it the original formulation?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Christian-Di...817ae8a&_uhb=1

Can you imagine the rush by basenoters to buy backup bottles if it actually were discontinued? I know I would, it's one of the best I own.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuny View Post
    This bottle on ebay has a silver collar but a Feb 2012 batch code. Is it the original formulation?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Christian-Di...817ae8a&_uhb=1

Now thats strange. I have a 2P03 100ML with black collar i bought a few months ago.

Maybe an error?

While I love this fragrance and would be very sad to see it go, we still would have Carner Barcelona D600, Shalimar Parfum Initial and of course the original DH as a consolation. So don't get suicidal, guys.
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit