Code of Conduct

Default Fahrenheit 32.. I just can't stand it.

I am a huge Fahrenheit fan, it's probably my favorite designer fragrance ever, or in my top 3. I really need to get my hands on Absolute, as it sounds so appealing to me.

But 32.. what the hell. Ok, now.. I will start by saying this.. I have been testing this fragrance on and off for almost a year. I went through a 3 ml decant (reluctantly) -- and to refresh my mind, I picked up a sample of it at Sephora the other day. It's just so.. EWWWWWWWWWW. I mean .. wtf.. seriously. It's got this plasticy minty smelling vetiver some sort of mossy note, and vanilla. On the one side of things, it's metallic, cooling, and medicinal. On the other side.. it smells like old vetiver, rubber gloves, and cheap vanilla. It's a cheap version of Hermes Vanille Galante, which I don't care for either.

Well, I had to vent on this one.. I honestly think it's the worst Dior release ever. But I will give them props on the bottle design matching the smell. With its snowy looking bottle, it goes well with it being a "cool" scent. Ya don't find this too often.

Anybody else dislike this fragrance?
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

Default Re: Fahrenheit 32.. I just can't stand it.

Sorry you have had an unpleasant experience with this one. I actually like all the Fahrenheit flankers including the above mentioned.

I like them all too, 32 is a 3-4 star for me, but the original is the single greatest frag of all time!!!

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

I, also, never cared for 32. It does not sit well with me. I adore all the other flankers including the original. Fahrenheit is an absolute must in my collection.

Dependent

Yeah 32 is cheap, cloying, and synthetic.

Absolute, if anything, is even worse to my nose. That combination of cumin and violet leaf is vile.

Aqua Fahrenheit is not to my taste, as I don't like calone.

Curious to try Fahrenheit Summer.

I don't like it either. It makes me sick

Fahrenheit original is in my top-3 favourite list, but I can`t stand 32! Fahrenheit Aqua on the other hand, is a very good flanker.

Yeah, I hate it too. And I've tried a bunch of times to like it, because I think the bottle is so cool and I think the idea is a good one (a cool vanilla mint fahrenheit), but the execution stinks.

I have a little decant of it that I'll throw on every now and then, and then I'm reminded of why I never wear it.

32 is ultra feminine and extremely cloying. Can't stand it.

My husband loves it..I will have to re-sniff it to see if I like it. Generally, I much prefer vanilla for me and not for him. It's a cool, vanilla hence the name F. 32.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Ruined by terrible quality ingredients, Its not something I find pleasent at all.

Add me to the list of those who have tried to like this one but ultimately failed.

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    I think the idea is a good one (a cool vanilla mint fahrenheit)
    Me too! EXACTLY.

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    I have a little decant of it that I'll throw on every now and then, and then I'm reminded of why I never wear it.
    Me too... exactly.
    In my swap list: Gucci Pour Homme (2003) BNIB.
    I'm looking for Reflection Man or Andy Warhol (silver bottle w/Andy's face)

I quite like it - but then I think Fahrenheit Absolute is the best of the entire Fahrenheit line, so maybe I've just got shocking taste

Fahrenheit 32 is amazing bud! Obviously not as great as the original but still pretty epic. Not sure why you're so against it, maybe you nose was having a bad day. This is not an "EEEEEEEEEEEEEUW" fragrance, if you want eeeeeuw go try A*Men

Works intermittently for me. Now and then it's a nice experience. Other times I've scrubbed within 30 min of application. A spray sample has been in my travel bag for a year or so, and it's not bad when you want something bland and inoffensive for business. Just one small spray and you're good. 32 gets annoying quickly when overapplied. Never more than three sprays, IMO.

You would think it would smell like a orange cream pop but for some reason iam guessin the vetiver gives a sweet fecal smell to my nose.
    Any opinions I post here about frags only reflect MY PERSONAL TASTE and only my personal preference which could change at any moment.

I do like it the contrast of vanilla against vetiver is amazing and original

Wow this isn't one i thought would be disliked so much. I really enjoy it myself. It is easy to overspray this one till you figure out what a silage monster it is.

I agree. 32 is boring, cloying, and cheap-made IMO.

When I first got 32 I really loved it and wore it for about 2 weeks straight. Now its just OK. Absolute is also nice but its not something I personally would wear
    http://www.youtube.com/jimihendrix1117

*Peace and Happiness*

I just purchased this yesterday after wearing a sample, I enjoy this fragrance. It has more notes in it than the note pyramid suggests. I get honeysuckle, neroli and coconut.

It's a cool, smooth, year round fragrance.
    Last edited by frostyicy; 11th November 2012 at 11:49 PM.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Not a fan. I've tried it a few times to give it a fair shake but all I got from it were extremely dull & blah moments. I suppose I could have looked at it more kindly if it was an Ed Hardy or something but Dior? With a Fahrenheit tag? It needs to be a whole lot better than that.

Enjoy it quite a bit.

I personally like it. Very good vanilla scent to my nose.

Used to wear it all the time, and burned through a big bottle of it in a year or so. I bought a new bottle of it, and now I very rarely wear it, and I find it difficult to pick it over my other frags, because whatever appeal it had when I first got is gone.
    I don't know if it was reformulated or my taste changed, but I never reach for it anymore.
    - Mark

…GOŌSTE! …GOŌSTE! …GOŌSTE!

"OOOOOOH WHAT A GOAL! IT'S DANNY ROSE, ON HIS PREMIER LEAGUE DEBUT, WITH A MEMORABLE STRIKE!"

Are you an oenophile? Join our wine group! http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=108

I own and like it actually. It is true that, if over-sprayed, its vanilla may come of as a bit synthetic, harsh and stuffy to my nose, but I applied "lighter on the trigger", it can become a smooth, translucent, comforting casual scent, especially during warmer weather.

I dislike it along with the aqua flanker.

Really dislike this one and does not deserve the Fahrenheit nor the Dior tag.

I like it. Cool mint and vanilla make it a nice wear in the summer time. There isn't much from dior that I don't like, but I think this one will def be discontinued.

Hmmmm interesting I am starting to develop a bit of a sneeze from this one. It's something in it that sort of tingles my nose. Wore it from a sample all day Fri enjoyed (though when I first sprayed it I sneezed a few times) it purchased a bottle yesterday, put on some more of the sample today and it has my nose tingling.

I hadn't opened the box yet so I will wear the sample tomorrow again to see what happens.

Don't like it, smells soapy or something to me.
    ďPerfume is like cocktails without the hangover, like chocolate without the calories, like an affair without tears, like a vacation from which you never have to come back.Ē

I got it in a blind swap and hated it.

I think it's alright, nothing amazing but not bad either, I really have to be in the mood to wear it. No point in getting a full bottle because of that, maybe a 1.7 oz one day down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    ... EWWWWWWWWWW. I mean .. wtf.. seriously...
    My thoughts exactly with this one. Everytime I look in the back corner of my collection I see that bottle that I paid full price for and had a friend bring it to me from Europe I cringe with disgust. I too love the Dior house, but this one, dear god no.
    -Cologne is the only fashionable thing that fits me! (Me, circa 1997-present)
    http://www.youtube.com/860cologne

It starts out boring then gets really boring.

I gave it only one chance, for about 5 minutes. Never more a second.

i liked it,. i remember how much i loved in past, but not my stuff right now, but Aqua F, oohh i totally love it until death!

I tried a sample a few times and thought it was ok. I am not going to purchase a bottle, but did not find it offensive.

Not fond of it either. Mint and cheap vanilla. It's an odd scent.

I took my son to Sephora to get him to try regular Fahrenheit, but he didn't like it, he liked the 32. Phooey. It's just too sharp and calone-ish to me, like Irish Spring bodywash, it hurts the nose.

This stuff smells good, nothing like Fahrenheit, but good

I got some samples of fahrenheit 32 frpm a department store a couple of weeks ago. one afternoon after work i sprayed some on just for the sake of it and it literally made me feel ill. i couldnt wait to wash the stuff off. apart from that its too feminine for me