Code of Conduct

Thread: Diptyque me up

Default Diptyque me up

I've got Tam Dao, Eau Lente and Philosykos. I've come to really enjoy these natural smelling edts and I'd like to add another to my stable. I've got some ideas about where to go next, but I'd like to hear what other masculine smelling Diptyques come recommended.
    Christian Dior VetiverPatou Pour HommeChristian Dior Leather OudOrmonde Jayne Ormonde ManSerge Lutens Chene

Default Re: Diptyque me up

Among the most popular I'd suggest L'Ombre Dans L'Eau. If you like challenging spicy stuff, I'd say L'Autre. Otherwise for something more daring and too often overlooked, there are L'Eau Mage and L'Eau De Tarocco.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Today I received my Volutes EdT sample and must conclude that this is not the house for me. And surely this was my last trying. Period.
    Anyhow, if you like Philosykos EdT then surely will love the EdP - if you still don't know it.

Have the entire line in my collection. L'Eau Diptyque is a real good one, but then again they're all good IMO.

34 Boulevard Saint Germain is a very good masculine scent. It's got a thousand things going on, but somehow it's all harmonious.
    L'Autre is also very good, although I can imagine lots of people finding it unwearable for a lot of occasions. It's a very spicy scent, but there's also a minty sweetness in the background.
    And Opone is a wonderful saffron rose scent that's perfectly wearable by men. I think it's discontinued, but it can be found. It's one of my favorites in their lineup.

I should be getting my sample of Volutes very soon--maybe even tomorrow. I'm looking forward to trying it.
    Current Top Five:
    1. Bois des Iles--Chanel
    2. George Sand--Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier
    3. L'Ame Soeur--Divine
    4. Violet Blonde--Tom Ford
    5. Santal Blush--Tom Ford

Quote Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post
    34 Boulevard Saint Germain is a very good masculine scent.
    Maybe I've found a wrong batch number

Eau Rose, Vetyverio, Eau Hesperides, L'Eau de Tarocco. Natural and joyful.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    Maybe I've found a wrong batch number
    Or maybe someone sold you a fake!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darvant View Post
    Eau Rose, Vetyverio, Eau Hesperides, L'Eau de Tarocco. Natural and joyful.
    I enjoy Eau Rose a lot, but I worry that it might be too feminine for the OP.
    Current Top Five:
    1. Bois des Iles--Chanel
    2. George Sand--Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier
    3. L'Ame Soeur--Divine
    4. Violet Blonde--Tom Ford
    5. Santal Blush--Tom Ford

Virgilio is a very interesting salty thyme. Ombre dans l'eau has one of the best initial blast I have smelled, though it does get a little sweet later.

L'Autre is a lot of fun too, though its curryness is a bit too literal. I am not a fan of Vetyverio, because I find it too sweet and smooth, but it is a good choice if one prefer this type of tamed vetivers to the bone fresh and dry ones.

cacio

I'm a big fan of Eau Duelle. I'm not sure if I'd call it masculine, but it's definitely not feminine. It's a vanilla scent, but not a sweet, flowery vanilla; more a "paper" vanilla, if that makes sense.
    Current Top Five:

1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver

Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post
    Among the most popular I'd suggest L'Ombre Dans L'Eau. If you like challenging spicy stuff, I'd say L'Autre. Otherwise for something more daring and too often overlooked, there are L'Eau Mage and L'Eau De Tarocco.
    +1 for L'Autre and Eau Mage (though I believe Eau Mage is now discontinued).

Vetyverio is nice.

- - - Updated - - -

Vetyverio is nice.

I think my favourite is the spicy warm Eau Lente. I also love the citrus-herbal Oyedo, the ultra-spicy L'Autre, the lush tuberose-laden Do Son, the fresh-and-later-spicy-resinous L'Eau de L'Eau, and also the smoky Essence of John Galliano (still trying to decide if I want to wear it). As you can see, I really like Diptyque!
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

Second L'Eau Diptyque (spicy potpourri) and L'Ombre Dans L'Eau (dark, green, earthy rose), probably my two favorite of the entire line. Also maybe Eau Trois if you like dry herbs.