Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Sample pass (USA): D&G Velvet Love, Desire, Vetiver

Well, I just thought, I signed up for the pass, I guess I should test it out..even though I know I won't like it. lol. I signed up for that carnation and it actually ended up being on my want list, so thanks 30R! It really is a good winter fume.
    Currently wearing: Sahara Noir by Tom Ford

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Yes, kalli, I found it the nicest of the three.
    Babies have begun hatching on the Estonian osprey nests.
    All 3 eggs have hatched at Irma and Joosep's nest. Live webcam: http://pontu.eenet.ee/player/kalakotkas2.html

There are now 2 babies at Mai and Mikk's nest! Live webcam: http://pontu.eenet.ee/player/kalakotkas.html
    Osprey discussion forums: http://www.looduskalender.ee/forum/viewforum.php?f=56

Blog Entries

Bump! There is still room on the pass for some ladies or gents! I have a sample lot I can send to you right now.
    I'm not OLD...I'm VINTAGE!

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

I think it is now time to close this sample pass. The samples may be kept by the 3 members who have them.
    Babies have begun hatching on the Estonian osprey nests.
    All 3 eggs have hatched at Irma and Joosep's nest. Live webcam: http://pontu.eenet.ee/player/kalakotkas2.html

There are now 2 babies at Mai and Mikk's nest! Live webcam: http://pontu.eenet.ee/player/kalakotkas.html
    Osprey discussion forums: http://www.looduskalender.ee/forum/viewforum.php?f=56

Blog Entries

I am so disappointed we didn't have more participate, but thank you for the samples, roses.

Thank you 30R for the pass, very nice of you!
    Currently wearing: Sahara Noir by Tom Ford

Basenotes Plus

My apologies for being so late with my reviews! Been down with the flu & scentless for a while. (Don't catch this one folks...very, very nasty! ) But it was refreshing to perk myself up with some new scents this morning, courtesy of 30 Roses!

I started out with Velvet Love, as I was looking forward to this one the most. It opens up sweet & spicy, with my beautiful ylang taking center stage. Rather than pepper, I detect a distinct note of clove. As the scent progresses the ylang gives way to the spicier carnation & the bite of pepper becomes more apparent. Wow, this one is heating up! The sweetness is no longer in evidence, as the carnation & pepper battle for dominance. It takes a while for the pepper to lose its pungency, but the drydown ends up as the spicy carnation scent I had anticipated. I think I would personally prefer a little more ylang to soften the rough edges of Velvet Love, but it certainly delivers on the scent it's intended to be.

Given my history with the notes in Velvet Desire, I was a little hesitant to dab it on my skin. I was pleasantly surprised. It opens as a very sweet, fresh floral bouquet. To my nose there is a hint of jasmine, with the tuberose & gardenia lacking the meaty aspect that I dislike. There also seems to be a hint of fruit, as Kalli detected. The progression of the scent is quite linear, with tuberose finally dominating in the drydown. While this is not to my taste, Velvet Desire is a very sweet, youthful scent that will please those with a passion for bold white florals.

Velvet Vetiver is the most difficult scent for me to review, as I'm not familiar with the notes of vetiver and galbanum. But I will say that this is my favorite scent of the trio! The opening is fresh & citrusy, and I do detect the fig note. (I think I stole your fig, Southerngardens. ) It reminds me of something familiar & comforting, but I can't place the association. While it does have more of a masculine vibe, I do find it perfectly acceptable as a unisex scent that I am happy to wear. A very soft & well-rounded scent - just beautiful!

Thank you for yet another generous pass, 30 Roses! You continue to make this a more fragrant world!!

Blog Entries

Thanks Geanie Jeanie for your wonderful reviews of the Velvet Line. I knew I was missing that fig! LOL