Code of Conduct
    Dsquared2

Default What is it whith Creed?

Hi all!

Well as I'm a newbie here I discovered many great reviews about Creed fragrances. Are they a hipe or really worth the money?

I like DHI an Boucheron Homme Jaipur EDP. Which Creed scent can you recommend for me?

Thank you.

TLS.

Default Re: What is it whith Creed?

Wether or not they are worth the price is relative to the person asking the question. For myself, they are worth the discounted price they go for online, but I would never pay retail for them. Sample some and find out for yourself.

I agree with Jivehippo. I wouldn't pay the retail price but you can easily find them discounted online.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

I have never paid retail for a bottle of Creed. The fragrances do not last long enough on my skin to justify spending so much money. I purchase via discount online stores, or decants.

Sound Scents

I am not the biggest fan of Creed but there are a couple I feel are worth owning (and do), many others here feel more scents in the lineup are too. Only you can tell if the Creed offerings match up more with your own tastes/preferences.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4)
    Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6)
    Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
    9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
    9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
    9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
    9) X for Men (Clive Christian) - tie
    9) Patou pour Homme Privé (Jean Patou) - tie
    9) Oud Shamash (The Different Company) - tie

Basenotes Plus

Only you can decide. Disregard any hype and trust your own nose. Ultimately it is how a scent makes you feel, and proportionately Creed have more that work for me. I choose to pay retail and have always been perfectly satisfied. Go with reputable dealers - cheapskate tendancies run the risk of disappointment. I usually purchase from the likes of Harrods, Fortnums, Liberty, Selfridges etc and have never had anything other than top quality. Try sampling a few from - Green Irish Tweed, Silver Mountain Water, Millesime Imperial, Himalaya, Original Vetiver, Bois du Portugal, Baie de Genievre, Royal Water, Neroli Sauvage, Erolfa, and most importantly - enjoy the experience !.
    Last edited by JON RODGERS; 25th November 2012 at 08:18 AM.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Creeds cost $315 a bottle retail.

But you can get legitimate bottles from fragrancenet for $140.

Green Irish Tweed and Millesime Imperial are generally the ones that everyone like. I like them both.

Aventus is one that some people find too strong, but others REALLY love it. I like Aventus.

Silver Mountain Water is personally my favorite Creed.

I have never bought a bottle of Creed that I personally did not like.

Creed's are generally pretty easy to like, but it's really up to you what is worth paying for or not. Personally, I love several Creeds, but prefer finding them discounted via splits or reputable places online. If I were wealthier, I'd probably be fine with retail, but for now, I like & need to get more for my money.

It's just a hype. Many basenoters here are fed up with designer fragrances that they consider mostly 'junk'. That's why they highly regard Creed and other niche brands for their uniqueness and sophistication.

I've tried some of Creed's perfumes, but it was just ok for me. Nothing that made me want to say, "I must have this".

My suggestion is, to try all other designer brands out there, and once you're really fed up with them and can't find one that you love, then go up a notch and try Creeds and go niche.

I see Creed as a bit more interesting than most department store designer fragrances, but not interesting enough for the price. But that is, of course, just my opinion; you'll have your own.

As part of developing your opinion, I would suggest buying some decants of various Creed fragrances--and of course other fragrance lines as well--and testing Creed that way for a few months. If you end up loving the line, buy some bottles, but this way you won't start out loving them, spend a big bag of money, and then find that your tastes have shifted and you're no longer a fan.

Creed is a good "gateway niche" company. They don't make anything that requires a fine tuned appreciation for unusual scents. Most of their offerings are crowd pleasers. My only complaint with Creed is that the longevity on some of their frags is pitiful for a $300+ EDP strength perfume. Then again others (Original Santal, Aventus) are borderline monsters with near indefinite longevity. I wouldn't buy them at retail but I'd happily pay discounted prices for them. I recently got Royal Oud for around $135 and it goes for over $300 at the Creed Boutique. I saved almost $200 by buying it from a discounter and it's the same exact stuff you'd buy at the boutique.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

^+1

Dsquared2

Quote Originally Posted by mesaboogie View Post
    Creed is a good "gateway niche" company. They don't make anything that requires a fine tuned appreciation for unusual scents. Most of their offerings are crowd pleasers. My only complaint with Creed is that the longevity on some of their frags is pitiful for a $300+ EDP strength perfume. Then again others (Original Santal, Aventus) are borderline monsters with near indefinite longevity. I wouldn't buy them at retail but I'd happily pay discounted prices for them. I recently got Royal Oud for around $135 and it goes for over $300 at the Creed Boutique. I saved almost $200 by buying it from a discounter and it's the same exact stuff you'd buy at the boutique.
    A discounter like?

Quote Originally Posted by Dsquared2 View Post
    A discounter like?
    fragrancenet was selling this in ebay for $135 - don't know if they still have it at the same rate now.

Aventus

I LOVE Creeds, I feel the hype is warranted on most but then again I'm into "crowd pleasers" fragrances. Most here consider those type boring, but I'm not into obscure burnt forrest smelling frags. So definitely find what YOU like and go with your nose.

Here on Basenotes you will find a lot of love for Creed. When I discovered Basenotes about 1 year ago I was anxious to try the Creeds because of all the hype, and there is a lot of it, and I haven't been impressed by them. I was disappointed, but I moved on. A lot of what I own is frowned upon here on BN (my Bond's in particular) but I don't care. I like what I like and really, that is all that matters...that, and if my wife likes them of course.

Give Creed a try, but don't let the hype get you so excited that if you don't like them you'll be extremely disappointed. Basically, if you like a scent you like a scent no matter what label is on the bottle.

It depends on whether you personally like it or not. The easiest way to decide whether it is worth the purchase or not is to buy a sample of whichever Creed you are interested in. Forget the "niche" name behind the fragrance. Sample it and decide whether buying it can be justified at its price. If money isn't an issue, forget the fact that it is considered a niche fragrance, and the cost as well.