Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Plus

Default Filling out my starting collection, what else should i get?

So i've recently gotten into scents and really kinda went on a splurge, haha. I'm trying to figure out at this point what else i should get (maybe 1 or 2 more bottles) to "complete" my initial collection so I kinda cover all my bases, so I thought i'd ask here for some opinions, especially female ones!! haha.

Oh and if it helps, in terms of my style i'm 30, fashion forward (hoody+blazers / fedora hats with vests and tees, V-necks + jeans + Blazer + pocket square + scarves. Air Force ones/creative recs or sebago boots. Colors are usually white blue black and grey. occaional splash of red), extroverted and I'm a graphic designer /tech head.

Here's what I have:

Creed Aventus (This is my signature everyday. It's VERY "me")
    Midnight in Paris (I use this as a mix with my aventus on more serious dates)
    Vince Camuto (my secondary signature - smells kinda like aventus without pineapples for me, more "serious" work scent)
    Dior Bois D'Argent (my sophisticated art show / mixer event cologne)
    Dior Cologne Royale (my summer fresh/refresh cologne)
    Lacoste Blanc (my kickback weekend/golfing/preppy cologne)
    Tierry Mugler A*men (intimate cologne? The dry down is nice but i'm really not sure if i can pull this off...)
    Axe Dark Temptation (i know this is blasphemy, but this works AMAZINGLY with girls for some reason.)
    paco rabanne 1 million / Aqua Di Gio (I mix these 3adg:1 for sexy daytime, 1:1 for clubbing)

My old colognes: (not sure what to do with these...curve crush got me good results when i was younger tho.)
    Curve Crush
    Usher He
    Cuba Gold
    Thallium

Right now I'm thinking maybe i need a better intimate / seduction cologne? I'm not sure if smelling like chocolate really works...(although the axe Dark temptation has proven to work well...)Considering Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille, Killian Back to Black, Diptyque TamDao, Penhaligon Love Potion #9, and MDCI Ambre Topkapi. Or..do you think Having Aventus / Midnight in paris kinda covers my bases here?

I'm also considering getting another fresh woody or clean fresh cologne but i'm not sure if that's necessary. i'm thinking Montale Woods and Spices? Maybe Acqua di Parma Colonia? Prada Amber Pour Homme?

Are there some categories that I've missed that I should be looking at? If so, any suggestions as to what i should check out? Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Filling out my starting collection, what else should i get?

If you like Axe Dark Temptation, try out Givenchy Play Intense, almost smells like that.

Basenotes Plus

Actually smelled the givency play intense. Smelled simliar but had this weird plasticy smell i didn't like. I hear rochas man is just like the axe DT. Can't find that at the stores to smell tho, so i might just buy that outright later on to replace /add to the axe DT.

Any suggestions/thoughts on what i should check out in the intimate /seduction I listed? how about the fresh ones? Is there a category of scents I kinda missed that I should check out?

You need Tobacco Vanille.

- - - Updated - - -

Trust your instincts there. Plus it lasts forever and will completely replace your dark temptation(not hating)

For intimate/seduction fragrances I would suggest.

Dior Homme and Dior Homme Intense would both be great. If you like MiP I'm almost positive you will like those.

If you like Axe Dark Temptation definitely check out Rochas Man or Michael Jordan Legend.

If you want TV I say try L'Occitane Eau des Baux as I have read and heard that that are somewhat similar. I personally love EdB.

Also if you're considering intimate/seduction fragrances I think D&G The One is a good one as well. The longevity and projection aren't the best, but if you're look for fragrances to fit that particular setting (close quarters) then this will work very well.

Dhi !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Noodlz View Post

I'm also considering getting another fresh woody ... Prada Amber Pour Homme?
    Personally I couldn't stand Prada APH....smelled WAY too powdery. Some like it but not for me. Same goes for their intense version.

Fresh: Tom Ford Grey Vetiver....Fresh and Woody: Terre D'Hermes (edt or PP)

Montale Greyland

Banned
    Blog Entries

Try Dior Homme and Gucci Pour Homme II

Basenotes Plus

Thanks noir drakkar. I actually had a sample of Gucci Pour Homme II but i never got around to actually really smelling it! I Just realized how nice it is, haha. I hear its getting discontinued too? I'm digging the fruity black tea scent. I will try wearing it soon and see how it works out. This is more of a fresh/everyday scent / early date kinda scent right?

I'm gonna check out dior homme/homme intense next time i go into saks. Would you say its in the same line as MiP? would it be redundant to own both?

Going to check out Michael Jordan Legend if I can. I'm a huge jordan fan so that'd work, lol. I'd have to find out who carrys it tho.

Smelled The One recently, not bad, kinda nice, but felt like it was nothing special. Any niche or discontinued/unique intimate scents you would recommend in this area? (ideally something that would make the girl go "wow you smell amazing" when they get close, haha)

Tom Ford Grey Vetiver is nice, but too sterile smelling to me. I loved TdH, tried it, but it's very "not me". (My friends said i smelled like a clean lumberjack, like i just finished cutting trees and walked through a car wash. totally does not fit my image, lol)

As for Tobacco Vanille, i do LOVE the scent. But like A*Men, i'm not sure if i can pull it off, haha. I do have samples of it so I will test it out i guess...