Code of Conduct

Default Salvador Dali Pour Homme Initial Review

Ok, my Salvador Dali Pour Homme mini arrived today and I got a chance to try it out... below is my review....

Apply it on my wrist and allowed it dry for a few minutes, and took a close good sniff.... smells like a typical 80's power house fragrance... that Drakkar Noir, Antaeus kind of opening.... yeah very outdated... it also has a lipstick, and heavy tar note in the background... I was thinking to myself, if this is how this fragrance going to end up smelling like, then I guess there's nothing Gothic about this fragrance...

30 minutes went by, and suddenly I got a surprised wiff of Dali Pour Homme as I was moving my hand... oh yeah! this is what everyone is talking about... that Gothic dark bitter sweet scent...

The best way I can describe this fragrance is think of this.... Medieval time... knights and kings... wizards and dragons... castles and dungeons... wow! this scent is spell like... crazy stuff!

Initial Review grade for Salvador Dali Pour Homme is a 9/10. This fragrance is quite unique... i have not smelled any fragrance like this Dali Pour Homme... the closest mystical scent that I could think of compared to Dali Pour Homme is YSL M7
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

Default Re: Salvador Dali Pour Homme Initial Review

You captured it pretty well, bro. Definitely unique, and definitely a "dark" frag. Early on, I thought I detected alot of incense. Wife thought so too. "Like inside an old church" she said. Later I thought it was more of the burning metal, or an empty pan burning on top of an oven type smell that some have described. Not necessarily as bad as it might sound. There may be a little sweetness here, but not much. There are supposedly some floral notes in this frag, but I am not getting that. And it's strong. There will be no longevity problems with this bad boy. You won't be a chick magnet with this one, but you will be different.
    It is a bitter, dark, incensy/metallic type frag. It's "out there," for sure. Cool bottle too.
    I believe what I have is the vintage... so I can't speak to any reformulation.
    More here: http://pourmonsieurblog.blogspot.com...alvador%20Dali
    Last edited by bigsteve; 27th November 2012 at 01:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsteve View Post
    You captured it pretty well, bro. Definitely unique, and definitely a "dark" frag. Early on, I thought I detected alot of incense. Wife thought so too. "Like inside an old church" she said. Later I thought it was more of the burning metal, or an empty pan burning on top of an oven type smell that some have described. Not necessarily as bad as it might sound. There may be a little sweetness here, but not much. There are supposedly some floral notes in this frag, but I am not getting that. And it's strong. There will be no longevity problems with this bad boy. You won't be a chick magnet with this one, but you will be different.
    It is a bitter, dark, incensy/metallic type frag. It's "out there," for sure. Cool bottle too.
    I believe what I have is the vintage... so I can't speak to any reformulation.
    More here: http://pourmonsieurblog.blogspot.com...alvador%20Dali
    Now that you have mentioned it.... Salvador Dali pour homme does remind me of Burgos Spain when i visited last year... smells like inside the Burgos Gothic Cathedral.... it has that vibe.....

cat.jpg
    Last edited by change1; 27th November 2012 at 02:58 AM.
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Thanks guys for sharing your thoughts on Dali Pour Homme with us!
    I'm not OLD...I'm VINTAGE!

Yes! Thank you. I have always been intrigued by Salvador Dali although I have never owned or smelled any from his frag line. There is supposed to be something called Fabulous 4 coming out, but not sure when, and then I have been reading some on another one of his called Le Roy Soleil Extreme for men, but a search on line everywhere has left me wondering where or how I can get one or the other.

A very nice fragrance indeed.

I love it. Salvador Dali reminds me of both Zino Davidoff and Witness by Jacques Bogart... but stronger. The best thing is I managed to score some 100mL bottles at $7.50. A top 5 fragrance for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Scent-e-mental View Post
    I love it. Salvador Dali reminds me of both Zino Davidoff and Witness by Jacques Bogart... but stronger. The best thing is I managed to score some 100mL bottles at $7.50. A top 5 fragrance for me.
    That's a great score! I was delighted when I got a bottle for $20.

Zino and Salvador Dali are adjacent each other in the ambery fougere section of the H&R Chart.
    Regards,
    Renato

Its a pretty unique scent. I too get zino vibe...But it is way too stronger than zino, with a dark and heavy tar note..Overall its a great scent. I only wear it in winters. The lasting power is awesome. I got mine for $20 (3.4 oz)..worth every penny!!

Dependent

maybe i should give this one another shot. i liked zino on my first test wearing but my opinion has grown quite a bit since then. the "tarry" leather impressions make me think of my old enemy, birch tar.
    Last edited by MonkeyBars; 28th November 2012 at 04:11 AM.

Thanks for sharing the review, pretty accurate and detailed description.

This is a good one, and more wearable than some of the legends may lead you to believe. I definitely picked up some floral notes from it, which took me aback. It's one everyone should sample at least once.