Code of Conduct

Thumbs up Bang it like Beckham: David Beckham's Homme

So cruising through wally world I noticed the gift sets were out with testers. No pushy sales ladies, so I tried out all the cheapie testers on offer from the McGraws to the Adidas, and reluctantly approached Mr. Beckham's collection. To be honest I found his earlier efforts cheap and nasty and wasn't expecting much. Imagine my surprise when I sniffed his latest offering Homme and was pretty taken aback. He's successfully cloned Marc Jacob's Bang! with a bit of the Terre D'hermes drydown. You get the pepper citrus and ginger at the top (a bit like D.Strict by Strellson without the vanilla note) and then it dries to a woody incense with anise and pine permeating the drydown. Perfumier is Pierre Negrin who's worked with Amouage (Interlude), Ralph Lauren (Polo Black),Sean John (Unforgivable) and Ermenegildo Zegna (Z).

So I snapped this up for $15 and I must say this is quite the bargain, do pick up a bottle on sale, it's easily worth twice its price, only thing that condemns it to the bargain bins is the brand (David Beckham celebuscent yeeesh!) Don't be put off by the name though fellow fumeheads, this is good juice, longevity gives me a solid 6-7, not a lot of projection but very nice and the spice and citrus makes it a versatile all-season. It's also a break from the putrid vanilla explosion that has overtaken men's perfumery as of late. This is a sharp fougere with alot going for it, what a fabulous find!

Default Re: Bang it like Beckham: David Beckham's Homme

It is the best from the house of Beckham so far. I liked it and bought it immediately after testing it. It does share similarities with Bang & TdH.
    Lower price tag is the plus point.

I remember being pleasantly surprised when I tested this one. It's definitely an improvement on his older stuff, but still nothing I felt compelled to purchase.

I tried on awhile back and it smelled like a peppered steak. Speaking of McGraw, has anyone tried his newer offering? Believe it's called Soul to Soul.

I tend to run away from any celebrity scents! The only scents in my collection I have from celebrities are from Alain Delon and Omar Sharif.

Most of the Beckham scents actually smell fantastic at the top. Problem is the quality of ingredients becomes evident when they have no longevity what so ever. I handed over my cash asap when I first sampled Intimately Beckham which was a mistake as it's easily the worst performing EDT I've ever purchased. I'll give Homme a chance though!

The best Beckham fragrance surely. Nicely done, and the quality of ingridients is quite high.

silentrich: Soul2Soul is your typical vanilla gourmand sweet white musk scent on the drydown, rather pedestrian. If you're in the market for a celebrity scent gourmand, get Michael Jordan Legend which is comparatively a masterpiece.

i remember not thinking much of it when i tried it ..

Will pass like Beckham. Living with a Beckham product would just be a step too far.

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    I tried on awhile back and it smelled like a peppered steak. Speaking of McGraw, has anyone tried his newer offering? Believe it's called Soul to Soul.
    Soul 2 soul is in the very same genre of Gucci guilty in fact they are very close. Soul has alittle more vanilla in the middle where GG has more of the fruity tones. Soul is decent but I wound up taking mine back. Not because of the smell but because the longevity of the scent was lacking and projection only lasted 30 minutes. It's sad it could have been a groundbreaker for Coty.

The one house on the planet I absolutely refuse to even try. I will not put money into that mans pockets.