Code of Conduct

Default Three new ones from Lubin - Korrigan | Galaad | Akkad

Korrigan:

Korrigan is less harmless than it looks. This caramel wood is no perfume from childhood; it is a scent of intimacy, insidiously musky and irresistible on the skin of a desired being. It is the fragrance of the senses set free, to be shared or saved for intimate moments, when caresses follow on sweet whispers and bodies draw closer. It is an invitation to voluptuousness, to sensuous pleasures, and to fantasies of the most extravagant kind.

Korrigan Notes
    Juniper berry, saffron, cognac, Lavender, ambrette, whiskey, Cedar, oudh, leather, vetiver, musk

Galaad:

Galaad is a exotic leather fragrance, an invitation on a journey, the scent of an elegant rider who travels the world, a cosmopolitan spirit who loves the shade of tall trees and the freshness of mountain streams. A resolutely masculine note that certain women will want to adopt to hide their frailties. A fragrance that is protective and assertive, yet utterly refined, emanating a peaceful self-assurance.

Galaad Notes
    Cardamom, cypress, rosemary, myrrh, honey, copahu balm, Agar oud, Atlas cedar, cipriol, blond Burley tobacco

Akkad

Akkad is a luminous amber perfume, mystical but also sensual, a descent into the profane pleasures of ancient tyrants, an exhalation of sacred oils, and the spicy skin scent of gorgeous, willowy slave girls lying back limply on divans and silk sheets.

Akkad Notes
    Mandarin, bergamot, clary Sage, cardamom, elemi, frankincense, styrax, amber and cistus labdanum, vanilla and patchouli

They will be available in the first week of December.
    Last edited by Kron; 27th November 2012 at 10:52 AM.

Default Re: Three new ones from Lubin - Korrigan | Galaad | Akkad

I have to say these look really interesting as they have some of my favorite notes listed. These are going to be must sample fragrances, thanks for the info Kron.

Galaad means جلاد in Arabic.
    Which means wrapper. A sheath of sorts.

for swap/sale:

Korrigan looks fabulous!

These bottles are fantastic! I want them all in my collection.

I got samples of all three headed my way. Couldn't resist.

Has anyone heard anything about these releases? Has anyone sampled them? How are they?

would love to hear your thoughts on these thebeck!
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

I bought Korrigan and I got samples of Akkad and Galaad -- I am wearing Korrigan right now -- I like it, it's very pleasant. I would say it smells like a leather gourmand. Very fresh spicy, like fresh baked sweet bread \ cake...definitely get the amber and cognac, and then the subtle leather in the base. Reminds me of 24 gold but without the raspberry blast and maybe throw in a little bit of YSL Body Kouros to complete the sweetness, but without the heavy vanilla. A good buy all around. I am pretty happy considering I do not care for Idole EDT or EDP. Hopefully I will get a chance to try the other two samples of Galaad and Akkad tomorrow.

Received all three bottles from Luckyscent on Tuesday and they're all very nice but I think my favorite is Korrigan. Expensive but worth it IMO.

As normal unable to get hold in the UK. I wish these perfume houses considered UK as a part of their potential customer base.

My favorite among the three is Galaad, which to me is a tea-like scent with honeyed spices and balms with a leathery texture. Cardamom and rosemary are very present. There is also a hint of pine, which adds freshness and lift to the scent. Reminds me of a fresher and less gourmand take on Arquiste's Anima Dulcis with the vibe of Divine's L'homme Sage mixed in with a Pierre Guillaume-ish "musk / salty tea note" that's present in a lot of his creations. Is it sweet? Yes, it is, but an airy kind of sweet. Not Lutenesque syrupy.

All three are pretty easy to wear, and are not challenging at the least.

As a side note, since Olivia Giacobetti is the creative director for Lubin, I wish she'd release some more stuff under her own name. I think the fizzy Idole *EDT* is still the house's best and most interesting scent.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Korrigan appears to be right up my alley. I will have to sniff this one out and get back to you.

I'm sampling them right now and am finding Akkad the most appealing so far. It's a very nice, soft amber incense perfume. Nicely dry, rather than sweet. I'm not sure it's unique enough to be FBW for me, but certainly worth a try for people who like this category. I might actually like this one even more later. I plan to give it a second try. Even though the description from Lubin mentions "slave girls" and such, it's completely unisex. I find Galaad the most unremarkable, so I won't remark on it. Korrigan reminds me a great deal of Pere Noel Coward by Smell Bent, except Korrigan is sweeter. I think Lucky Scent has a few bottles of Pere Noel Coward left. I'd definitely suggest that anyone who is considering a Korrigan purchase check out the $20 Pere Noel Coward first.

All three of these are typical designer type frags. Diluted with near zero staying power. I really like the bottles, too bad the juice is just so so. Galaad was the best of three, but still lacking any substance.

I have Korrigan on my wrist right now, I find it close enough in spirit to Straight to Heaven to be comparable. I ultimately prefer By Kilian's composition, though Korrigan will be a satisfactory substitue for any who recoil at StH's MSRP. The liquor notes in Korrigan are prominent through the first half of the fragrance's life, but more blended and smooth than StH's rum. StH is more unabashed about its main notes, and I agree with thebeck in that Korrigan seems more diluted--polite compared to StH. Nevertheless I still find something seductive about it, saffron in general for me seems to give fragrances this quality.

For better or worse, my impression is also bound up with a memory from my time sailing. Many a deckhand seem to interpret copious rum-drinking to be an occupational imperative as soon as they secure their vessel in the next port-of-call and are off-duty (the officers and captains are more responsible). Seems to be a point of pride. After getting a deep whiff of Korrigan from my wrist about 4 hours in, a memory shot to the surface of my brain. After one such night of off-duty debauchery, I found myself in the bunk of one of my crewmates. I untangled myself from our half-conscious embrace, interrupted her kisses for a moment, looked her in the eye and said, "You taste like rum." She gave a smile.

...it is a pity they put these new fragrances in bottles that were previously designed for Idole de Lubin Eau de Parfum (the stylized version of the original design for Idole EDT). For Idole the design made sense; for these three it does not...!
    Last edited by Trauerkraut; 27th January 2013 at 10:53 AM.

I tested them all and give them roughly 6/10. It looks like an attempt to cash in on Idole's success, but none of them are as good.

Quote Originally Posted by null set View Post
    I have Korrigan on my wrist right now, I find it close enough in spirit to Straight to Heaven to be comparable. I ultimately prefer By Kilian's composition, though Korrigan will be a satisfactory substitue for any who recoil at StH's MSRP. The liquor notes in Korrigan are prominent through the first half of the fragrance's life, but more blended and smooth than StH's rum. StH is more unabashed about its main notes, and I agree with thebeck in that Korrigan seems more diluted--polite compared to StH. Nevertheless I still find something seductive about it, saffron in general for me seems to give fragrances this quality.

For better or worse, my impression is also bound up with a memory from my time sailing. Many a deckhand seem to interpret copious rum-drinking to be an occupational imperative as soon as they secure their vessel in the next port-of-call and are off-duty (the officers and captains are more responsible). Seems to be a point of pride. After getting a deep whiff of Korrigan from my wrist about 4 hours in, a memory shot to the surface of my brain. After one such night of off-duty debauchery, I found myself in the bunk of one of my crewmates. I untangled myself from our half-conscious embrace, interrupted her kisses for a moment, looked her in the eye and said, "You taste like rum." She gave a smile.
    Welcome to Basenotes, and may you present us with more stories like that, seriously!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trauerkraut View Post
    ...it is a pity they put these new fragrances in bottles that were previously designed for Idole de Lubin Eau de Parfum (the stylized version of the original design for Idole EDT). For Idole the design made sense; for these three it does not...!
    I absolutely agree, this is total Idole-ploitation!
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

Sound Scents

Quote Originally Posted by null set View Post

I enjoyed reading your impressions...

Unfortunately in my case the three were a bit disappointing with Korrigan the one I liked the least (that one was particularly disappointing as I expected to love it going in) and Akkad the most (the one going in I expected to like the least). The *packaging* on all of them is absolutely top-notch, IMO. I want to add them to my collection just for the bottles, but the juice inside (and the price per bottle) does not make the cut...
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP FrÚdÚric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'dri¨) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)