Code of Conduct

Default Journey search for an old perfume from my childhood (please help!)

Hi!

When I was a kid/teenager, my german grandma gave me a perfume which I used to LOVE - I'm trying to find it back, but I cant remember the name, the brand, nothing, only how the bottle and the box looked. The box was a dark green, very simple, without too much details. The bottle itself was a simple "squad" classic type, with a dark green cap in a "geometrical" format, I think it was just a hexagonal cap, and the perfume looking a little "yellowish" like whiskey (little clearer). Also, I remember the LOGO was a small tree, looking something like a bonsai, or I guess a pine tree (not sure).

If anyone has any idea of what perfume this is, please let me know - I'm really obsessed about finding this one.

Thanx in advance!

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Journey search for an old perfume from my childhood (please help!)

Try using this tool to search by color:

http://www.fragrantica.com/colors/#FF33CC

Someone may come along who recognizes your description.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

When you said German Grandma I immediately thought of 4711 Echt Kolnisch Wasser. It is a very old German cologne water, but the bottle has changed over the years. I don't know what it used to look like.
    I'm not OLD...I'm VINTAGE!

southerngardens, I looked at google image to see the bottles, but (unfortunately) i'm pretty sure it's not it. I think it was very simple you know? And definitely nothing fancy, since I was just a kid by then. But I remember that I loved that scent, because it was very classy, it had nothing sweet to it (which i LOVED!), and... a little wood. I cant totally remember the scent...

30 roses, I tried looking at fragrantica.com by color (green and yellow) but I couldnt find it...

Maybe it would be easier to search for the brand first...? I remember the logo was a little tree (not like Silvestre, it looked more like a Bonsai).

Well, anyway, thanx for your help so far! :-)

My first thought was Aspen but that has a round cap.

Hi michelebehr. Welcome to basenotes.

The logo of the French Cosmetics Company Nuxe is a little tree. I don't know if they ever did fragrances.

Also I can't help but think of another French Company, Yves Rocher. I don't know if they ever used a tree as a logo but it is possible and there is something about the fragrance that you describe that made me think of them.

Which decade are we thinking of?

Blog Entries

Was it Cedarwood by Goya? l remember this one being in the house when l was a child, & the packaging had a little cedar tree on it.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Hi All!

Thanx a lot for your replies!

I googled ALL your suggestions, and unfortunately they werent what I was looking for.

I haven't "confirmed" yet, but I THINK the brand was CARON. The problem is that they changed a lot through the years, but one thing they kept was the octogonal cap (sorry, I thought it was hexagonal, but now that I saw on the photos, I'm pretty sure it was octogonal). The SPECIFIC design is probably gone by now (this was the eighties!) but I'm doing some googling to find it. Photos CLOSE to it:
    http://www.cafleurebon.com/wp-conten...caron-2206.jpg
    http://dybeulj0jdhd2.cloudfront.net/...jpg?1272049730

The cap was a dark green plastic one, not too fancy like the ones I see. But the design of the bottles is very close. Also it seems a very traditional fragrance - which mine was, for sure! I'm going to try them today at a local perfume shop, maybe that's the brand I was looking for.

Thanx again!

Cheers!

Caron Pour Un Homme? Do let us know how you get on!

Well, to my surprise, I visited 3 perfume stores on a mall next to work, and... yes, NO ONE had CARON fragrances for men (only for women...). So... the quest continues... :-) I think this is not a very common brand in Brazil, where I live...

Unfortunately it is not easy to find. But just to give you some sense, the three old Caron masculines are
    Caron pour un homme = lavender vanilla
    Yatagan = it opens with a vegetal blast, then shifts to woody
    Troisieme homme = citrusy top, musky, slightly floral, slightly sweet, "barbershoppy"

so if you remember more or less what it smelled like, you may be able to identify the most likely candidate.

cacio