Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Default Anyone try Heeley perfumes?

On of my online niche sellers (pennylaneperfumes.com) just started selling fragrances by Heeley. I have never heard of them before...Any experiences? I ordered some free samples through their facebook page to try...These are the ones I ordered:
    Heeley Cardinal
    Heeley Figuier
    Heeley Menthe Fraiche
    Heeley Ophelia
    Heeley Sel Marin
    Heeley St. Clements
    Last edited by Possum-Pie; 27th November 2012 at 07:46 PM.

Default Re: Anyone try Heeley perfumes?

I have tried Sel Marin and Cuir Pleine Fleur. Both well crafted scents. Sel Marin is exactly as advertised. You will be at the harbor. Cuir Pleine Fleur is a beautiful soft spoken low key scent..with muted florals that let the suede and subtleness of the other notes shine through. Thinking of getting Cuir Pleine Fleur but do not want a whole bottle. Beautiful scent.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

"I've been everywhere but the electric chair seen everything but the wind."..

You are in for a treat!

They have a couple that I couldn't live without.

Menthe Fraiche is a mint that is almost breathtaking and Sel Marin is a wonderful marine scent. Both are top of the line for me.

Figuier is a great take on fig, a little thicker than most I feel, and St. Clements has a really nice citrus note somewhat based on the traditional cologne formula.

I hope you pick up Cuir Pleine Fleur in the future, since it's a wonderful take on leather.

I haven't tried the others.

Sound Scents

Certainly and most are excellent... My favorites are Cuir Pleine Fleur, Menthe Fraiche and Oranges and Lemons...

That said, one to avoid is Hippie Rose... Now *that* one was truly horrible, IMO.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Basenotes Plus

I own both Sel Marin which is a very marine type aquatic fragrance and also Cuir Pleine Fleur which is a soft leather with violet.

Both are great scents. They are not projection monsters and wear rather close to the skin as you might expect with an aquatic and soft leather. But they are very realistic in their interpretations of what they are.

I have tried several others. Cardinal which is a very Church Incense. The other I have tried is Menthe Fraiche, which as the name suggests is very minty. Helley does live up to their fragrances names.

All in all a great house.

Decent house, with some pretty pleasing, albeit light scents. I like Menthe Fraiche, Sel Marin, Cardinal, Iris de Nuit, and Verviene. Just wish they lasted longer.

Sel Marin is one of the best aquatics on the market. Close your eyes and imagine the beach with blue skies and the warm mediterranean ocean and then smell this fragrance. You will get that WOW factor as it captures the beach/sea vibe so perfectly.

There is no better aquatic than Sel Marin.

I own and love Figuier, it's beautiful watercolour of fig, coconut (yes, but nothing to worry about )) and cedar in warmer weather. I would also love a FB of Menthè Fraiche, amazing mint scent, there is nothing like it. I think Ophelia is gorgeous for someone who likes white flowers. And yes, Agarwoud is pretty good too.
    Found Iris de Nuit and St. Clements too safe and transparent, although he does 'transparent' well. ))

I'm falling in love with Heeley. Cardinal, Iris de Nuit, Ophelia are wonderful. Cuir Pleine Fleur is even better.

Blog Entries

Wow, sounds like I should put more money in my fragrance account!!

Sel Marin and C.P.Fleur are both absolutely brilliant scents. I'm having Figuier shipped out to me as we speak, can't wait for that to arrive!

Have 12 large bottles of their fragrances in my collection and love them all.

I own and love Menthe Fraiche and I'm very very interested in sampling Sel Marin.

Haven't tried the others.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Have 12 large bottles of their fragrances in my collection and love them all.
    Send a couple bottles my way. I'll pay you back when I win the $500 million powerball lottery tomorrow night.
    Last edited by silentrich; 28th November 2012 at 02:59 AM.

No show of love for Esprit du Tigre? Definitely one to try.

Do to poor longevity, and not the best of raw materials, this line has not made me want to buy a bottle.

Even their three extraits failed to please my nose.

Heeley gets my vote for HO HUM House.

Blog Entries

I am encouraged by the positive things I am hearing, but Projection/Longevity is VERY important to me. That is why I don't own any Penhaligon's. I love the various fragrances, but they last 30 min. on me. I will test my samples when they come.

personally, not a big fan of them, there are better niche houses out there

but do sample & explore the house since it's free
    AUSSIES, join our exclusive niche split club.

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fro...s-niche-splits

Currently splitting:

Amouage - Tribute, Homage and OPUS VII
    Andy Tauer - Noontide Petals, Miriam and Loretta
    HdP - Veni, Vidi, Vici and Rosam, Ambrarem, Petroleum
    The Different Company - Oud Shamash, Oud for Love and Aurore Nomade
    Guerlain - Sous Le Vent, Angélique Noire, Bois d'Armenie, Cruel Gardenia, Rose Barbare

and many more niches up for split...

From my experience (I have sampled most of them), the fragrances smell very nice, but longevity is poor

I actually get pretty decent longevity out of CPF and Figuier. Oranges and Lemons and Menthe Fraiche are pretty fleeting, but they make up for it with that initial blast.

Cuir Pleine Fleur and Menthe Fraiche are my two favorites. Fantastic fragrances
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

Sorry, I hope I am not out of the line for posting on the male side, but for a girl am a HUGE fan of Heeley. My absolute fave is Iris de Nuit. If I could afford it I would have bought their whole line - there is such quiet and restrained sophistication, yet enough character and uniqueness to keep interest. Heeley is definitely not loud, it's for close up experience mostly, but you won't be accused of want for a good taste. Ophelia is a bit girly, I think, but Cuir Pleine Fleur and others mentioned are very unisex. Good luck with your Heeley samples .

Basenotes Plus

If you are looking for Montale projection, Heeley may not be the line for you. They are more of a quiet, yet very sofisticated fragrance. As the post above me reads, has character and uniqness.

If I could afford it, I would make Heeley Cardinal my everyday scent. Looove it. I think of it as a brighter, daytime version of Comme des Garcons "Avignon".

I happily own Heeley Sel Marin and imo it's one of the best aquatics available. Just smells like the name advertises.

I tried ;

Heeley Cardinal - Unbearable church incense for me
    Heeley Menthe Fraiche - Minty green tea, nice, but I don't want to smell like this
    Heeley St. Clements - Lemon, lemon, lemon. Very close to a 5 bucks traditional lemon cologne.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Possum-Pie View Post
    On of my online niche sellers (pennylaneperfumes.com) just started selling fragrances by Heeley. I have never heard of them before...Any experiences? I ordered some free samples through their facebook page to try...These are the ones I ordered:
    Heeley Cardinal
    Heeley Figuier
    Heeley Menthe Fraiche
    Heeley Ophelia
    Heeley Sel Marin
    Heeley St. Clements

Well my samples arrived and I have tested them. All smell great, but suffer from poor projection and longevity, they sit politely on the body. I described it elsewhere as a
    'fragrance snack" not meant to last all day...(think Penhaligon's)
    Cardinal: Great frankincense with pepper, a great incense but very linear.
    Sel Marin: One of the best ocean/nautical/beach scents. Opens with a blast of iodine/salt, and brings in sea grass without smelling like bathroom deodorizer spray. Probably the most complex of the ones I tried.
    Ophelia: definitely a woman's scent, not even unisex...But it is one of the best tuberose and jasmine that I have ever smelled. I gave the sample to my wife who loved it. Better projection than St. Clements or Cardinal
    St. Clements: Oranges and lemons for sure. There is a little bit of artifical citrus there but it strangely adds to the complexity. Lays politely on the skin, doesn't last too long, but longer than I thought it would given it is citrus.
    Menthe Fraiche: Mint without smelling like toothpaste or mouthwash. Think mint tea. If you don't want to smell like mint, don't worry, it doesn't last long enough to wear out it's welcome.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Whitefluffy View Post
    Sorry, I hope I am not out of the line for posting on the male side,.
    Women are always welcome on the Men's side!

Blog Entries

Menthe Fraiche does not last very long on me but I enjoy it while it lasts! Really good stuff!

Heely fragrances seem to be very carefully made. They go right up to the edge of a concept then back off the edge a little bit. They have restraint and extremely good taste.

My favorites from Heely are: Agarwoud, Sel Marin, Verveine, Cuir Pleine Fleur, Oranges and Lemons, Menthe Fraiche, Figuier.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Arhlll View Post
    Menthe Fraiche does not last very long on me but I enjoy it while it lasts! Really good stuff!
    I am wearing Menthe Fraiche as we speak...I do really like the natural take on the mint, but it is shy and fleeting. a good summer scent if you can afford to re-spritz several times to keep it fresh.

I agree that Heeley does seem to veer towards sophisticated restraint. And I actually love that sometimes, as I don't always want to blast away. I've not sampled the whole line, but of the ones I have tried, they appeal to me for the unique characteristics that seem thought out and purposeful.

After running through a 2.5 ml sample/decant earlier this fall, I found myself haunted by Cuir Plein Fleur. I just popped for a bottle yesterday, and am eagerly awaiting it. I own other leathers, but this one really spoke to me.

How much were the samples?????

Heeley sells them on his website for about 3 EUR each (2 ml spray).
    My current top five:

Yohji Yamamoto - Yohji Homme (vtg)
    Boucheron - Jaipur Homme
    Serge Lutens - Fumerie Turque
    Hermès - Equipage (vtg)
    YSL - M7 (vtg)

My fragrance reviews | http://yeoldecivetcat.blogspot.it/

Big fan of Heeley. My favorites are:

Agarwoud (favorite)
    Menthe Fraiche
    Sel Marin
    Esprit du Tigre
    Coccobello
    Cardinal
    Figuier
    Cuir Pleine Fleur

Also Coccobello is pretty good - but have only worn it once so far.

All are worth a look IMO.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Dior - Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions
    6. Puredistance - Black
    7. Tom Ford - Plum Japonais
    8. Neela Vermeire - Trayee
    9. Creed - Royal Oud
    10. Chanel - Egoiste

I have tried most of them on your list. Cardinal is a nice incense but it's a bit too strong on the aldehydes for me. Figuier is nice too, but I prefer philosykos for fig. Menthe fraiche is one of my favorite mints. Does very well in the warm weather. Coccobello is my favorite coconut, it's very soft and refreshing. Sel Marin is a photorealistic rendition of the sea. My favorite aquatic.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

Cardinal is basically a bottle of Iso E Super But it's still a great incense, although I prefer some bolder darker ones. My favourite by Heeley are Cuir Pleine Fleur, Sel Marin and Iris de nuit. All smart, linear, consistent and high-quality different takes on quite popular themes. However also his other fragrances are good, I have never really been disappointed - I've tried them all except that new "exclusive" line (Agarwood and something else).
    My current top five:

Yohji Yamamoto - Yohji Homme (vtg)
    Boucheron - Jaipur Homme
    Serge Lutens - Fumerie Turque
    Hermès - Equipage (vtg)
    YSL - M7 (vtg)

My fragrance reviews | http://yeoldecivetcat.blogspot.it/

Agarwoud is an amazing perfume. I love it to bits

Quote Originally Posted by starshipvelcro View Post
    They have a couple that I couldn't live without.

Menthe Fraiche is a mint that is almost breathtaking and Sel Marin is a wonderful marine scent.
    My interest in these two continues to grow. To those with experience, how do Sel Marin and Menthe Fraiche perform longevity-wise?