Code of Conduct

Default Where to find Tom Ford samples?

Hey BNers,

I have been looking to try some Tom Ford fragrances (Tuscan Leather, Tobacco Vanille), but I can't seem to find any reliable place to get samples from. I tried directly contacting the company since I heard they give out samples, but they were not able to give me any to try.

So, I ask you guys, where could I find some samples that are legitimate?

EDIT: I should mention that no major carrier of luxury fragrances is located near me.

Default Re: Where to find Tom Ford samples?

Call 212-359-0300 and inquire about Tom Ford Private Blend. They do charge a $10 shipping fee but well worth it as they send large samples of each of their fragrances.

eBay

Quote Originally Posted by arthierry View Post
    Call 212-359-0300 and inquire about Tom Ford Private Blend. They do charge a $10 shipping fee but well worth it as they send large samples of each of their fragrances.
    Is this legit? It sounds kind of too good to be true. I assume it's the number of their store or something (judging by google). I just find it hard to believe that when I emailed them they said they would not send me any, but if I called them they would.

I emailed them a few months ago and I got a reply back saying they'd be happy to send me samples, but they charge $10 shipping, but to call that number when ready... I called and within the week I got a nice package in the mail with about 15 large samples, a biz card, and a nice booklet of each fragrance.

Seriously Art? that's a good deal then.

Try Surrender to Chance or The Perfumed Court.

DO NOT go through Perfumed Court or Surrender To Chance, you'll get ripped off to hell, their prices are absolutely ridiculous. The phone number listed is the number, I believe, directly to Tom Ford in New York, and I have received samples from them in the past. Honestly, you can probably find better deals on ebay than TPC or S2C. Hell, if all else fails, I'll sell you samples for cheaper than either of those two ripoff artists.
    Splits!

Roja Amber Aoud & Tom Ford Tobacco Oud --------> http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...d-Fleur-splits

My local Neiman Marcus seems to give away samples, depending on the SA at the Tom Ford counter. Last time I was there, I bought Noir de Noir (that probably helps) and they told me that their policy is to give away as many samples as they can basically, telling me to come back whenever if I need a sample.

Blog Entries

Whenever I go to Nieman Marcus and/or Nordstrom, I get free samples if I ask. The NY number posted above by arthierry is a good idea, I might try and see if I could get some as I still have Neroli Portofino, Tobacco Vanille, Noir de Noir, and most recently, I got Oud Wood.

Sorry to bump the thread, but just so everyone knows Tom Ford doesn't send out samples to those who call anymore.

I usually use The Perfumed Court. Yes, you will pay a bit more, but they are professional, and take great care in packaging, etc. Also, they have a huge selection. Wouldn't usually be my first choice due to price, but always a great alternative. Also, shipping is affordable - so while their prices are high, they don't hit you again on the shipping costs.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Pure White Cologne
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Tom Ford - Grey Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. Clive Christian - 1872
    6. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    7. Xerjoff - Nio
    8. Neela Vermeire - Bombay Bling
    9. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    10. Chanel - Allure Homme Edition Blanche

Best place for Tom Ford samples is eBay.

I just phoned them , they said they "NEVER SELL SAMPLES" , because of travel restrictions , obviously that was a bullshit answer, I think they stopped doing it. I still think Nieman's is the best place to get samples.

Surrender to Chance is where I have scored most of mine.
    "We don't fail because we aim too high and miss, but because we aim too low and hit" - Les Brown

"Sometimes we need to suffer just so we can look at our lives and know we're for real" - Francis Chan

Quote Originally Posted by vinramani09 View Post
    I still think Nieman's is the best place to get samples.
    I had to practically beg for a sample last time. The SA made me feel like a poor beggar when I inquired about it. I even mentioned that I owned a couple of the fragrances, and she looked at me like I was lying.

Talking your way trough TF's SA is the way. They all have a stashes of 4ml samples in full range - it is just a matter of getting on their good side. Good luck.