Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    Basenotes Junkie Dailey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    626
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Went to Harrods today.......

    I can spend hours in that store and in particular in the Frag section. I got the chnace to try lots of frags (some I have tried before) that I would never be able to sample anywhere else. Main ones I tried today were..

    Midnight in Paris EDP - I previously had contacted Harrods and been told they didn't do EDP, so this was a nice surprise - love this Frag!!

    Chanel Sycomore - Very similar to Encre Noir to my nose. Not one of my favourites, but can smell the quality

    New Haarlem - First time I have ever smelt this - Not sure what I think, it's very Gourmand and very different.

    TF Noir de Noir - Oozes class this one - probably my fave private blend with Amber Absolute.

    Anybody from overseas if you are in London and want to spend a few great hours, takje a trip to Harrods Frag section!
    Current Top 10:

    Dior Homme
    Gucci Pour Homme II
    Rive Gauche
    Fahrenheit
    New Haarlem
    Jubilation XXV
    Neroli Portofino
    Virgin Island Water
    Green Irish Tweed
    Straight to Heaven

  2. #2
    Dependent southerngardens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Evans, Georgia
    Posts
    1,386
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Went to Harrods today.......

    It sounds like you had fun! Harrods must be like Barney's of NY which I could spend all day in the fragrance section. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the frags you sampled while out!

    Cheers
    The Collectors Sale is coming soon to the Basenotes Marketplace!
    Guy Roberts' 1983-84 intro, "AMOUAGE" parfum/ FAB 3 box presentation/MINT!!!-Vintage.possibly Antique-Guerlain Eau De Hegemonienne EDC/60%full/ purchased at estate auction of a NY dept. store magnet(Mays)/authenticity guaranteed-Box sets of Belle d Opium & Dior's Dune pour femme-Eau de Gucci, Elegantly boxed drawer liners w/Gucci No3 scent + a partial bottle of Gucci No.3 as an added value combo, Tom Ford's 'White Musk'.......

  3. #3

    Default Re: Went to Harrods today.......

    Always love going there on visits to the UK.

  4. #4
    vita odorifera
    perfaddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Lagos
    Posts
    7,035
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Went to Harrods today.......

    It's the 5th floor I need to visit next.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

  5. #5
    Moderator
    rum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,187
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Went to Harrods today.......

    Quote Originally Posted by Dailey View Post
    I can spend hours in that store and in particular in the Frag section. I got the chnace to try lots of frags (some I have tried before) that I would never be able to sample anywhere else. Main ones I tried today were..

    Midnight in Paris EDP - I previously had contacted Harrods and been told they didn't do EDP, so this was a nice surprise - love this Frag!!

    Chanel Sycomore - Very similar to Encre Noir to my nose. Not one of my favourites, but can smell the quality

    New Haarlem - First time I have ever smelt this - Not sure what I think, it's very Gourmand and very different.

    TF Noir de Noir - Oozes class this one - probably my fave private blend with Amber Absolute.

    Anybody from overseas if you are in London and want to spend a few great hours, takje a trip to Harrods Frag section!
    Thanks for the heads up on MiP EdP - I might go back and check that out. It's easily my favourite fragrance store and the upcoming post Christmas sales are very popular.

    Quote Originally Posted by perfaddict View Post
    It's the 5th floor I need to visit next.
    What's on the fifth floor out of curiosity?

  6. #6
    Basenotes Junkie Sol invictus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    611
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Went to Harrods today.......

    Quote Originally Posted by rum View Post
    Thanks for the heads up on MiP EdP - I might go back and check that out. It's easily my favourite fragrance store and the upcoming post Christmas sales are very popular.



    What's on the fifth floor out of curiosity?
    spa/beauty therapy I believe.

  7. #7
    Basenotes Plus
    JON RODGERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    10,031
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Went to Harrods today.......

    Quote Originally Posted by rum View Post
    What's on the fifth floor out of curiosity?
    Valhalla

    Last edited by JON RODGERS; 28th November 2012 at 06:43 PM.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Went to Harrods today.......

    I'm wearing Noir de Noir now actually. Absolutely beautiful fragrance, going to be one I visit fairly often this winter.

  9. #9
    Basenotes Junkie Dailey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    626
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Went to Harrods today.......

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cosgrove View Post
    I'm wearing Noir de Noir now actually. Absolutely beautiful fragrance, going to be one I visit fairly often this winter.
    Yep, lovely scent :-)
    Current Top 10:

    Dior Homme
    Gucci Pour Homme II
    Rive Gauche
    Fahrenheit
    New Haarlem
    Jubilation XXV
    Neroli Portofino
    Virgin Island Water
    Green Irish Tweed
    Straight to Heaven

  10. #10
    Moderator
    rum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,187
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JON RODGERS View Post
    Valhalla

    Yikes! How have I not known this before??? That looks like paradise!! Is it by invitation only?

  11. #11
    Basenotes Plus
    JON RODGERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    10,031
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Went to Harrods today.......

    Quote Originally Posted by rum View Post
    Yikes! How have I not known this before??? That looks like paradise!! Is it by invitation only?
    Certainly not - the staff there are extremely welcoming, knowledgable, and passionate. I go there regularly and cannot recommend the experience highly enough.

  12. #12
    Ken_Russell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Sibiu
    Posts
    17,638
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Went to Harrods today.......

    Thanks for sharing! Great fragrance suggestion to look forward to IRL.

  13. #13
    Moderator
    rum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,187
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Went to Harrods today.......

    Quote Originally Posted by JON RODGERS View Post
    Certainly not - the staff there are extremely welcoming, knowledgable, and passionate. I go there regularly and cannot recommend the experience highly enough.
    Fifth floor, here I come!! I just took delivery of a fragrance order from Harrods and can recommend their online service too, despite the high postage charge.

  14. #14
    Dependent Darjeeling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    1,558
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Went to Harrods today.......

    Quote Originally Posted by JON RODGERS View Post
    Valhalla

    Apologies for quoting the pic again, but, Oh My!

  15. #15

    Default Re: Went to Harrods today.......

    Yes, Valhalla _would_ require a suite of Caron urn extraits...

  16. #16

    Default Re: Went to Harrods today.......

    I had a chance to visit a Harrolds during my recent trip to Melborne Australia. They have great selections, too much good stuff to choose from lol......it is hard to make up your mind :-)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 30th June 2012, 06:54 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 25th June 2012, 11:51 AM
  3. Harrods
    By Candy Perfume Boy in forum United Kingdom
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 23rd December 2011, 02:40 PM
  4. Article: Bond No. 9 launch fifth Harrods fragrance : Harrods Amber
    By Grant Osborne in forum Article Comments
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 20th August 2011, 11:40 AM
  5. London: Harrods
    By mosquito in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 8th October 2005, 11:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •