Code of Conduct

Default Lush Dirty question.

In my quest for the perfect spearmint scent, I took everyone's advice & picked up a bottle of Dirty recently. I only had a few minutes in the store, so I grabbed the body spray. So far, I do like it, but wish it had more of the spearmint and less tarragon & thyme. I also got a free sample slice of the Dirty soap bar, which I like a lot more because it's much mintier. I was wondering about the perfume (edt spray & solid). Does anyone have experience with both the body spray & edt? If so, is the edt/perfume any mintier? I know each product in the line has a different balance of the scent. My favorite part is the strong spearmint in the soap, so would I like the edt better than the body spray (or are they pretty much the same)? Any opinions?

Default Re: Lush Dirty question.

They all have an herbal character.

Power Where You Need It

Same as above to me...

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Quote Originally Posted by neal View Post
    They all have an herbal character.
    Agree.

Try Menthe Moderne by DSH Perfumes.

I have the EdT and like it. Very fresh and natural, very natural mint/spearmint/herb accord.

Menthe Moderne has been on my list to try. Dirty & Menthe Fraiche are both ok, but I'd love to find something with spearmint and a sweet (maybe vanilla) type drydown that ends sweet and not the usual herbal/vetiver type base most mint scents have. I guess I'd like to find something like mint ice cream. (I actually have Demeter's Junior Mints & like it a lot. Just wish the chocolate note was toned down a bit.). Maybe Demeter has something along the lines I'm looking for. I know Roadster has vanilla, but I get way more vetiver than mint/vanilla from it.

Dependent

I heard about Dirty about 4 months ago and I was excited to try it at the Lush store that had newly opened because I thought it would be right up my alley. I went in, headed straight for the body spray and tried it...at first I was excited and thought I found some amazing mint, but then in a few minutes it changed or something because the smell wasn't so great...so I signed off on Dirty. I went into the Lush store a couple of weeks later and found the dirty perfume, which they didn't have grouped with all of the other dirty line. I sprayed it on, walked out and expected to experience the same as the body spray...but, to my surprise, it was awesome and it lasted forever on my skin. I went back a couple of hours later and bought the perfume.

I don't know if the scent just grew on me or if the body spray just fizzled out to more of the herbal rather than the mint on me, but there is quite a difference to me between the body spray and the perfume. The lady that helped me told me that the perfumes have 20% concentration, and I'm sure that makes all the difference. You should give the perfume a try as it seems to me to be a lot better.

Road tested the body spray today for a possible purchase (testing for the nth time haha -- its cheaper than most frags but hey i have commitment issues), it's starting to taper off on me after 4 hours. Given that I think my skin absorbs and eats up scent to nothingness quite quickly, 4 hours of going strong before tapering off is good news for me. If the perfume lasts much longer than that then I suggest you go for it. Btw I happen to like the spearmint and tarragon combo, and after trying on Dirty I read up on it more and chanced upon a rather apt description -- Dirty's like a huge tarragon sprig chasing you. Loves it.

I own the body spray and edt also. I don't know how much mintier you would want a fragrance. Dirty starts off much more herbal, but within 30 minutes it "cleans up" into more of a fresh mint. Also the strength and longevity is off the charts for a mint fragrance.

To my nose, as Kybid said, the body spray is more tarragon-rosemary and less minty than the edt. In theory, each product in the line should feature one part of the whole frag, and the edt should be the sum. I think that the soap represents the minty part, but I don't think the soap lasts long.

cacio

The EDT has a similar amount of mint as the body spray. The main difference is, the body spray doesn't last nearly as long as the EDT. It was meant to be just a refresher. Sort of a Febreze, for the body.

The concentration of perfume oils in lush products, from highest to lowest, is as follows (as told to me by a Lush SA last week):

EDT
    Perfume Solid (stick)
    Body Spray
    Last edited by Bossa Nova; 26th October 2012 at 07:00 PM.
    Snarky is as snarky does.

Lush Dirty EDT - bought it recently.

It's like a guilty pleasure for me.
    At first I thought "wow this is horrible...so uneven...like Axe body spray". But I keep coming back to it. It's far from a smooth scent. It has a deodorant feel to it. But for whatever reason I find the scent intruiging.

Does anyone else have this effect with Lush Dirty? It's crazy - I can't decide if I dislike it or love it lol. This is not some smooth high quality niche that will impress the way a Ropion scent will lol.

It seems to be growing on me everytime I wear it.

I think that's true of several Lush perfumes. They don't pretend to be what they are not. They feel a little cheap but entirely winning, coming up with interesting combination that seem to hit the right spot.

In the case of Dirty, it could pass off as a minty herbal freshener. But it just happen to work perfectly and sustain interest wearing after wearing.

cacio