Code of Conduct

Default Jovan Cologne Concentrate Collection - Intense Oud, Secret Amber and Silky Rose

Looks like even Jovan has an Oud fragrance now.

The scent opens with a delicately spiced blend of saffron and lemongrass before building to an addictive heart of cistus labdanum and Turkish rose absolute. Combined with patchouli and sandalwood, Oud wood sensually embraces the whole fragrance, creating an overall experience of distinguished opulence.
    http://www.basenotes.net/ID26137460.html
    http://www.jovanmusk.com/intenseoud.html

Also, they have a complete "middle east" line, with Secret Amber and Silky Rose.

As the fragrance unfolds, its unique elements are revealed by a timeless amber scent. A tantalising duo of ginger and nutmeg spices the top of the fragrance, adding a touch of intrigue. This melts into a rosy-cinnamon heart for a deliciously sensual sensation. Combined with sweet vanilla and soft musk, the secret amber adds all the depth to the warm and sophisticated fragrance.
    http://www.jovanmusk.com/secretamber.html

At the top, spicy rose unites with earthy patchouli leaves and crisp redcurrant to intrigue the senses. This enticing fusion gives way to a bouquet of opulent rose, orange flower and jasmine nectar, which gently lifts and intrigues. Finally, the woody oriental trail reveals a seductive blend of golden amber, vanilla woods and sensual musks.
    http://www.jovanmusk.com/silkyrose.html

I must say that they sounds good and Im wanting to test them.

There are no comments about this line. Has anyone tried some of them?
    Last edited by d4N13L; 28th November 2012 at 05:04 PM.

Default Re: Jovan Intense Oud

I think I will pass...
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by ajmc View Post
    I think I will pass...
    Same here.

Any info on where you can buy/test them?

Default Re: Jovan Cologne Concentrate Collection - Intense Oud, Secret Amber and Silky Rose

Coty doing oud for the mass market ...I don't know I am very leery.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Jovan Cologne Concentrate Collection - Intense Oud, Secret Amber and Silky Rose

If these had been released by Jovan back in the '60s or '70s they probably would have been pretty good. But being released now, they seem kind of scary!

I'll try them anyway just in case Jovan somehow managed to create something pleasing using the cheapest aromachemicals and selling at a rock bottom price.

The question is:

Where to find them?

Dependent
    Post Thanks / Like

Intense Oud sounds classical. If the perfumer was good enough, without a lick of naturals I believe it would be possible to create excellent juice with those accords.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyBars View Post
    Intense Oud sounds classical. If the perfumer was good enough, without a lick of naturals I believe it would be possible to create excellent juice with those accords.
    I agree, I am intrigued.
    “I wanna say something. I’m gonna put it out there. If you like it, you can take it, if you don’t, send it right back…."

Post Thanks / Like

I've just spotted this line on sale at Doha airport in Qatar, where I'm just passing through, and they're very cheap.

I've had a quick spray of the Oud and the Amber ones, and on first sample they're fairly pleasing - but my nose isn't on good form after a long flight, and I think I have a bit of a cold. But one downside appears to be longevity. It's about an hour since I had a quick spray of each - the Amber is pretty much gone, and the Oud is fading quite fast.

I might try them again on my way back through next month, and they're cheap enough to not worry if I buy one and end up not liking it. (But they also have the Dior Collection Privée here, and I really like Oud Ispahan and Leather Oud - ooh, the temptation.)

- - - Updated - - -

...and the Oud is fading quite fast.
    No, I need to retract that, it really was just my olfactory failure - I'd been in the dirty air of a plane for 7 hours and was very tired, and my sniffing organs just weren't doing their job.

After a further 6 hours waiting at Doha for my connection, I'd recovered quite a bit, and the oud fragrance really was still there and was actually quite nice. And a further 7 hours later when I arrived at my final destination of Bangkok, there was still some of it there - that was 13 hours after my sample spray.

Can't remember the exact price, but it was around $12-13 a bottle. I'm heading back to the UK next month, and I think there's a pretty good chance I'll get a bottle at that price.
    Alan

Post Thanks / Like

Well, time has marched on, and I'm on my way back through Doha airport.

I wandered over to pick up a bottle of the Oud, and it's gone! There's none of the new range at all now - just all the old stuff. So, no Jovan Oud for me. Ah well.

But they do have Sex Appeal which, despite its name, is really very good - it has the usual Jovan musk background, and some pretty nice patchouli and a bit of spice. And it's only £6.20 here (about $10) even at rip-off airport exchange rates - cheapest I've seen it in the UK is about £9. So, I'll have a bottle of that instead.

Update: Just bought a bottle of Sex Appeal and it was even cheaper than I thought - the Duty Free shop I got it from gives a much better exchange rate than the restaurants and coffee shops here (and there are no currency exchange counters in the departure/transit terminal). So it was only £5.50 a bottle ($8.80)! That's only slightly more than the cost of a large cappuccino at this airport!
    Last edited by Oscroft; 21st January 2013 at 12:58 AM.
    Alan

Thanks Oscroft for the info and the update. Sex Appeal is a fantastic choice. Enjoy it.

Anyone in the US seen the new range around at all?

Post Thanks / Like

I just received my bottle of Jovan Intense Oud. I simply HAD to get one. Curiosity got the best of me. There is very little information about this on the internets. I found a thread on Fragrantica of a guy proclaiming he bought it at a duty free and thought it was great.

I kept my expectations low.

The box is actually pretty nice. Its thicker cardboard, and has nice printing and artwork. But then you slide that bottle out, and immediately you see the bright gold cheapo plastic cap.
    When you first spray it, you get a blast of oud! I was very surprised. I bet someone will chime in saying how the oud is "cheap and synthetic". If i rolled my eyes any harder anytime someone said that, my eyes would fall out of my head. I've the opening is similar to a few $150+ niche perfumes i've smelled.
    The problem is that it goes immediately into something that smells like it was teleported from a 1980's womens perfume counter at sears or something like that. Its got a very perfumey rose in it coupled with a little spiciness (saffron?) and a little earth (patchouli). However, the oud does stick around for the party, which is pretty nice.

As for the performance, i must say i'm surprised. I sprayed once on my forearm and its projecting very nicely, and doesn't seem to be dying at all. I've read from the few people that have posted about it that its got excellent longevity as well. And i could definitely see that!