Code of Conduct

Default A*men bottles are awful

I just wanted to get this off my chest.

The bottle design is just not good at all. Firstly, I'm left handed & the bottle is specifically designed for right handed people.

Secondly, why have rubber covering the spritzer? It just makes it more awkward to spray and only a little comes out in a spray.

Anyone have the same opinion?

/rant

Default Re: A*men bottles are awful

There have been a few threads on this before. Several people have cut the rubber off exposing the nozzle for better spraying power.

I agree that they are awful. They look like toyish.

Those spritzers are among the worst in the industry. You'd think Mr. Mugler would have figured that out by now.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

I like the star design, but lately fallen out of love with this house. The sprayers are by far the worst I've ever tried.

Not to get metaphysical but the exterior is a reflection of the interior. As above so below.

I like the juice, don't like the bottles. They look like some work-out device.
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

Well what's inside the bottle isn't great either

I have cut every single one of my A*Men flanker bottles and they spray perfectly fine. I didn't cut the portion covering the sprayer off completely, I just cut around it so that it is separated and depresses when I push it in. I have the metal A*Men flask and that sprayer is perfect. If only all the flankers came with an optional metal flask.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Quote Originally Posted by keagz08 View Post
    +1...lol

Quote Originally Posted by LloydLlewellyn View Post
    I like the juice, don't like the bottles. They look like some work-out device.
    They are a work-out device! It is not easy to get the juice. Handy for traveling though; many knocks but no damage with the rubber coating.

As Hednic already stated, you can cut the top off/slit the rubber to make it easier to spray (there's a youtube video on how to do it properly)
    I like the rubber design, the bottle feels nice and if anything it also serves as a good protectant against light

I like how the bottles look like and A*Men + flankers are among my favourite scents, but yeah, the sprayers on them are awful. They're subpar even after you cut them.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

The only TM bottle worth anything is the silver, metal flask which is made to hold refills of the A*Men fragrance. All of the other bottles are cheap in design, poor quality, and look like toys on a shelf. Very poorly made. Imagine having to cut out from the plastic in order to get a decent spritz. That is ridiculous.

I love A*Men but the rubber is horrible. I actually broke my atomizer and it was a major hassle to fix. When I do replace it I'm definitely going to purchase the refillable metal version.

Quote Originally Posted by alexwagner View Post
    I love A*Men but the rubber is horrible. I actually broke my atomizer and it was a major hassle to fix. When I do replace it I'm definitely going to purchase the refillable metal version.
    I always cut the rubber off (Even the new PURE LEATHER ) and I can live with it

I like them even if they feel cheap they look cool and get a chuckel fromow its spits instead of sprying the frag on my arm.
    Last edited by Stayclose; 29th November 2012 at 07:18 PM.
    Any opinions I post here about frags only reflect MY PERSONAL TASTE and only my personal preference which could change at any moment.

Quote Originally Posted by keagz08 View Post
    Actually the juice is even worse
    Perfume lovers of the world UNITE!!!!!

As mentioned above, use an exacto knife or any suitable razor to carefully cut out the rubber around the top of the sprayer. There's a small crease if I remember correctly making it easy to know exactly where to cut. Once this is done, having direct access to the sprayer rather than pressing down on the rubber makes it much easier to spray. The atomizers on my bottles on A*Men and B*Men are absolutely fine, but only now that I've removed the rubber.

IIRC, the 100 mL rubber flask bottles don't have rubber covering up most of the key portions of the atomizers... only the 50 mL ones.
    Top 5 for Fall:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) New York - Nicolai
    3) Terre d'Hermes
    4) Aventus - Creed
    5)
    Flower of Immortality - By Kilian
    My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Quote Originally Posted by MFfan310 View Post
    IIRC, the 100 mL rubber flask bottles don't have rubber covering up most of the key portions of the atomizers... only the 50 mL ones.
    What do you mean? Both my Pure Malt and A*Men are completely covered (aside from the star). Both are 100ml.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeJ View Post
    What do you mean? Both my Pure Malt and A*Men are completely covered (aside from the star). Both are 100ml.
    Just the area directly around the squirter is not covered in the 100 mL, but covered in the 50 mL.
    Top 5 for Fall:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) New York - Nicolai
    3) Terre d'Hermes
    4) Aventus - Creed
    5)
    Flower of Immortality - By Kilian
    My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

I agree about the sprayer issue, it's terrible!

"Don't you know you are a shooting star? Don't you know? Ya, don't you know?"

Not a big deal to me really.. just press them a little harder for a good spray, without dripping.
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

Blog Entries

I agree with others regarding the sprayer -- it is difficult to press, unless you cut the "U" section of the top.

If you cut away the rubber covering it (which is VERY easy to do and what I do with almost all my TM bottles) it's actually a really good sprayer. Also, they appear to have solved the issue with the release of Pure Shot. I've not needed to cut the rubber away on that bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by Awakening950 View Post
    Not to get metaphysical but the exterior is a reflection of the interior. As above so below.
    I think they were trying to say something about the duality of man.