Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Plus

Default Application methods? Maximizing Sillage / Projection

So I was wondering if anyone had some tips on how I can maximize the sillage & projection of the fragrances. I have difficulty getting much projection and sillage out of my fragrances because I have very dry skin and neutral/cold body temperature. What tends to happen is i'd have to spray more initially and it turns out to be really strong the first hour, then quickly fades away (some fade completely as quickly as 2 hrs).

So far i've learned a few tricks to help a little bit, by applying lotion right before i spray it on i've managed to make fragrance stay on longer, but only as a skin scent as the projection still doesn't last past the initial hour. I also noticed that if i sprayed it on clothes the top note last quite a while. Ideally I don't want to go over 3 sprays, usually i spray twice. Can someone explain to me the pros & cons /effects of spraying on each of the locations? (left and right wrists at pulse points vs back of the wrists, 1 shot at the naval vs one on each side of the neck, spraying at the back of the neck, spraying on the chest inside the shirt, or any other locations you would suggest)

Default Re: Application methods? Maximizing Sillage / Projection

For an average strength fragrance like Bleu de Chanel for example, I will do 1 spray on the chest, 1 on each pulse point on my arms, and 1 on each side of my neck for a total of 5 sprays. You can spray your shirt or hair for a little extra. Obviously stronger stuff like 1 Million or Joop! will need less sprays. Just make sure you spray on exposed skin.

I spray the first shot on my chest thanks to a tip from Marc aka Robes08 aka The Fragrance Guru. The first spray from a bottle might not be a full spray so it's good to "waste" it on your chest while also giving you a little more sillage from body heat. I used to spray on my inner wrists but now I spray where my arms bend b/c it's a larger area and I won't accidentally wash off my fragrance when washing my hands.

There's a good chance you just have olfactory fatigue and can't smell your own fragrance after the first couple hours. That's good. It means your brain is functioning normally. It tunes out constant smells that it deems non threatening so you can pay attention to anything new or alarming instead.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

For me, 3 sprays - two on the neck and one on the chest seem to do the trick.

I was against this, but I recently started spraying my clothes. Ends up lasting the entire day...and no stains so far.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeJ View Post
    I was against this, but I recently started spraying my clothes. Ends up lasting the entire day...and no stains so far.
    Thats truth!
    It lasts all day and even the second day
    well I would like to spray my clothes but...Im rotating five fragances, one each day so I cant

Quote Originally Posted by mesaboogie View Post
    I will do 1 spray on the chest, 1 on each pulse point on my arms, and 1 on each side of my neck for a total of 5 sprays.
    This is tops!