Code of Conduct

Default SOTD: Thursday 29th November 2012

Morning ladies,

How are we today?

My SOTD will be: Creed - Royal Scottish Lavander.

It will be my first ever wearing so I have high hopes for this one

Default Re: SOTD: Thursday 29th November 2012

Morning All,

Fumerie Turque today.

Have a lovely Thursday, gang.

Good morning everyone. Yesterday was meant to be a good day ceebrating my little brother's birthday,but instead I got really bad news I found out my absolutely closest cousin got run over by a train and died This is...three days ago now.He lived in Denmark,but I cant seem to find anything about it in the news I'm still in shock...so it almost feels good to have something as concrete as cleaning the apartment today. Sotd is Attraction.

Manes Ice by Remy LaTour

I am very sorry, ineespenes, this is terrible news for you!
    No need for a change here... Jicky EdP!

Thumbs up Re: SOTD: Thursday 29th November 2012

DIOR HOMME, Eau de Toilette
    Original Issue

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Good Morning my Fragrant family. Today I am proudly wearing Creed, Bois du Portugal.
    Have a wonderful day.

Bonjour Mesdames!

My deepest condolences, ineespenes!

Basenotes Plus

Ine, it is absolutely heart rending to hear of a young life being lost in such tragic circumstances. I'm so sorry to hear such dreadful news. Keeping yourself occupied is probably the best thing you can do for the moment. Sincerest condolences to you and yours.

SotD is Diptyque Philosykos.

Last edited by JON RODGERS; 29th November 2012 at 11:39 AM.

L'Artisan Mûre et Musc.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Hello all. LUSH Gorilla Perfumes The Voice Of Reason.
    DONNA

Very saddened to hear your news, Ine! Hang on there. Hugs for the whole family.

My news: well, I fell in love. Again. How come that all my crushes are named Pierre (or, Olivier *wink*)? This time it is another wolf, loup garou, or simply Garou from Quebec. He has been around for quite some time now, but it is his L'Adieu that made him stand out for me. I know some of you more musically-inclined and sophisticated people (Hi, E., looking at you here!) have heard him singing a part of Quasimodo (as in a trio singing Belle), but he was a real revelation for me yesterday. And then again, a baritone with the looks and heaps of energy can do it to anyone.

Mikie's Guerlain again for me, Philtre d'Amour.

Ine, that's awful, I am so sorry to hear your news.

Well, my SoTD is Datura Noir today because I dreamed of the smell of it. As you do.

Basenotes Plus

Dear Ine I am so sorry. My condolences to you and your family.

SOTD is Roberto Cavalli Oro

Take care, everyone.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss, Ine. Sincerest condolences to you and your family.

Hello everyone!

I'm back in Dior Addict this morning. Y'all have a great day!

Wolfie has a new love, how exciting! I've heard of Garou, but I'm much more familiar with the legendary loup-garou ...he's known to dwell in the swamps around here. But I did happen to know that he, Garou, recorded a song with Celine Dion called Sous Le Vent!

(((ineespenes))) - I'm shocked and saddened by your tragic news. You and your family have my deepest sympathy and will be in my thoughts during this difficult time.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

So sorry, ineespenes, about the tragic death of your cousin, what terrible news. My thoughts are with you.

Today wearing peach body lotion and Dreams Unlimited from body shop. It was a $10 deal, that is about my speed until the budget recovers. I would call it "nice". It smells nice. According to the website it has notes of: citrus, green chilli, nonspecific white flowers and cedarwood.

Oh, ineespenes, I am so sorry to hear your sad news. My thoughts are with you.
    Wolfie, you are a push over
    Roberto, you smell lovely! And I love that picture.

I am in love with 31 rue Cambon, so will snuggle with it today

Terre d'Hermès

Blog Entries

SOTD: Tobacco Vanille by Tom Ford.

(((Ine))), what a horrible tragedy, I'm so sorry. Will be thinking of you and your family. There are just no words for these circumstances, wish we could all squeeze you tight in person. Try to hang in there, girlie.

Happy Belated Birthday, kumquat!

We are sick here- Mr.PL is off work for a second day and this is a guy who last missed work early in our marriage due to a minor stroke. Even then, he missed only two days. We have picked up something very nasty. Can still smell, though! So I'm in a bit of comforting No.5. Figured I know this one well enough that I'll recognize when my nose goes off. If hubby's symptoms are any indication, it's likely my nose will abandon me today or tomorrow. I seem to be a day or two behind him with this. Ick!

Have a great day and hugs (but just the virtual kind today!) to all!
    The nose wants what it wants!

Basenotes Institution

L'Heure de Nuit by Guerlain (from a sample)

Pretty darned good for a 'new' Guerlain. Of course when you're working off of a template as stunning as L'Heure Bleue, it's easy.

fragranceman88 - I love that Creed! Sharp, bracing and very natural IMO.
    ineespenes - I am so sorry for the bad news about your cousin ((hugs))
    TWolf - you smell lemony-wonderful and you are such a Cougar - Garou is younger than me (40!)...you GO girl. He's a looker, don't you all agree?? :
    Nukapai - nice to see you posting again, you were missed
    Evangeline - I luuurve Addict, Fall is the perfect time to catch a sexy whiff of it on a woman walking by. I wish I was standing down wind from you. LOL
    BEAR HUGS TO ALL that need them!
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Basenotes Plus

(((Ine))), I'm so sorry to hear your sad news, my thoughts and prayers are with you.

PL, I hope you and your hubby feel better soon!

T, I've heard a few of Garou's songs. Just don't make Mr. T too jealous, lol.

SotD is Lalique Nilang, notes include water jasmine, jonquil, freesia, lotus flower,
    wood myrtle, amber, vanilla, sandalwood and musk. This one is a soft floral oriental,
    with a little spice, like a cross between Innocent and Dune, with a touch of Angel
    in the beginning.

Last edited by Kiliwia; 29th November 2012 at 03:39 PM.

(((ineespenes))) What terrible news! I am so very, very sorry. It's awful to lose those you love under any circumstances, but sudden/unexpected losses of those so young and so close to our own age seem to hit with extra force. You and your family will be in my thoughts.

PL, I hope you and Mr. PL feel better soon. The old wives' tale about chicken noodle soup isn't just a tale -- its effectiveness has been shown to have a scientific basis (if you "believe" in that sort of thing). I love the smell of chicken noodle soup cooking when I'm under the weather.

Cello, Evangeline mentioned how much you love No. 23 -- and it is sublime. I need to wear it side-by-side with Tam Dao so my nose can better know when it wants each of them.

G, you smell honey-licious! You've put me in the mood for Fumerie Turque, but it will have to wait for tomorrow as today I am luxuriating in SL Une Voix Noire. As it turns out, this one is lovely in cool weather, too, much like Tubereuse Criminelle. The new gentleman in my life instantly knows when I'm wearing UVN, and he loves it, along with Carnal Flower, and several other non-florals.
    Last edited by ExtremeK; 29th November 2012 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by d4N13L View Post
    Terre d'Hermès

Oh, I have not seen that add! I LOVE the picture. It is perfect for Terre d'Hermes!

Hugs to you, ineespenes!

Well, the English Fern went well! So, I couldn't help but notice Evangeline pulled out Halston Couture a few days ago. So..... today I did the same. Wow! It's amazing how a smell can just transport you. Total natsukashii. Patchouli galore, but I don't mind it.

Thanks, everyone, for the well-wishes for Sam and me. Duramorph is a wonderful thing. For 24 hours, I didn't even know I'd been cut open.
    "Embrace those things which give you pleasure, after all, there is so much mediocrity to endure elsewhere." -- Inselaffe

Basenotes Plus

PerfumedLady, wishing you both a speedy recovery.

SotE - Robert Piguet Casbah.

Good afternoon, all.

I'm wearing Iris Ganache today. I wanted a FB and had called Horrids and Selfridges only to be told they had sold out. But then, my daugther told me that I'll be getting a bottle for Christmas from her papa! I won't tell him that I know and will act surprised come Christmas morning ;-)

she liked her men dark and rich.jpg
    Do happy

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Back to Black by Kilian
    I'm not OLD...I'm VINTAGE!

Dior Ambre Nuit

Haven't worn this is ages - Ginestet Botrytis

ineespenes, so sorry about your cousin.

Everyone smells great today. Would love to sniff Casbah, & haven't got my L'Heure de Nuit split yet. Forgot about Botrytis, love that one

I'm in possibly one of the cheapest thrills ever, Bijan B Exquisite, spicy, woody, powdery comfort at about 0.14/ml.

Now, must stop gawking & stalling & write my thesis.

Blog Entries

((ineespines)) What a sad shock! So sorry for your pain!

I hope you and your husband start feeling better soon, ((PerfumedLady!))

I'm in Demeter Gingerale today.

Quote Originally Posted by ineespenes View Post
    Good morning everyone. Yesterday was meant to be a good day ceebrating my little brother's birthday,but instead I got really bad news I found out my absolutely closest cousin got run over by a train and died This is...three days ago now.He lived in Denmark,but I cant seem to find anything about it in the news I'm still in shock...so it almost feels good to have something as concrete as cleaning the apartment today. Sotd is Attraction.
    Oh, what devastating news. I am so sorry.
    Do happy

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Kumquat, you showed up yesterday!!! I don't slice the cake until the birthday kid shows up. Now we can party. Happy Birthday, "my little Kumquat."

(((ineespenes))) I'm sorry for your loss and the grief that must be devastating your family. I feel for the locomotive engineer, as well. Most of us are not aware of the rippling sadness surrounding such events. Everybody, take good care of yourself.

Healing vibes to the PerfumedLady and Gent.

Yes, Twolf, a capella is something, especially the way some groups put sounds together.

So, $hades, any lottery $$$?

Yes, Extreme, the boulder got put precisely where I wanted, and next year it'll be fun to landscape around it. Love the puns. Should I point out there was a lot of "grading" done around Quarry School -- especially in one section where we "graded on the curve." You know what we call primary schools here in the U.S., don't you? "Elementary, my dear Watson."
    While at Target this a.m., I spritzed on some Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy, which echoes of Chopard Mira Bai, but I insist MB is a better brew, perhaps because of better quality ingredients or due to the absence of a sour/sharp note I smell in VLJ.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Evening All,

My, we do smell fantastic today !
    Get well PL &, er, PM (?). Joining you in No.5 tonight.
    ExtremeK - I'll keep my nose turned towards Nebraska tomorrow. See if I can catch a whiff of that Fumerie Turque (unless you change your mind, that is).

Be well, everyone.

Une Rose Chyprée
    Current Top Five:
    1. Bois des Iles--Chanel
    2. George Sand--Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier
    3. L'Ame Soeur--Divine
    4. Violet Blonde--Tom Ford
    5. Santal Blush--Tom Ford

Inees - I'm so sorry to hear this terrible news. Sincerest condolences to you and your family. You are in my thoughts.

(((Ine))).

Busy day scent wise. Started off in PG Praline Santal sample from my oldest BN enabler today. Going to have to try again before deciding.

Changed to vintage Opium Edt all soft, warm, cuddly, comfort.

Arrived home to find a decant of MDCI Peche Cardinal so had to have a little spray....mmmmmmm

It seems I missed a lot during the time I didn't post!
    Things here in Greece are getting worse, I am real sorry for the people that suffer
    and really disgusted with the political plots that destroy my country...

(((ineespenes))), I am so sorry for your loss...

I am wearing

Montaigne by Caron.

Have a lovely evening, all!

My SOTE will be Chanel No5 Extrait!

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Montana Parfum d'Homme Light tonight
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Hello again!

Twins with ladymurasaki in Iris Ganache for the afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiona View Post
    ...Wow! It's amazing how a smell can just transport you. Total natsukashii.
    This is excellent - hooray for Halston Couture! Oh, the magic of perfume.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Evangeline - I luuurve Addict, Fall is the perfect time to catch a sexy whiff of it on a woman walking by. I wish I was standing down wind from you. LOL
    Gosh, what a compliment! Thanks Mike - I bet you smell rather splendid yourself!

((PerfumedLady)) - so sorry to hear you're feeling poorly, but at least y'all can snuggle up without worry of infecting each other, lol. Feel better soon!

(((*dora*)) - I sure hope things start to improve for you and your countrymen before too long ...I know it's already been too long. Hang in there!
    Last edited by Evangeline; 29th November 2012 at 10:16 PM.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Sotn: L.i.d.g.e.

Banned

i ended up with another fake shalimar extrait bottle from an e-bay -rosebud bottle with broken cap....looks like i had this luck! 2 in a row.
    ....i did not even open it, it was obvious....shalimars dont stink!! both fakes stank simmilarly, like some bad male cologne mixed with water....yuk! disgusting....and the liquid inside is behaving like coloured water...perfume would be sticky after sitting in a bottle for 50 years

i waited patiently 24 days for it to arrive....

this all means faking perfumes works!otherwise people would not spend time doing it!

hehe god sent me as a police...it doesnt work with me though

Quote Originally Posted by iivanita View Post
    i ended up with another fake shalimar extrait bottle from an e-bay -rosebud bottle with broken cap....looks like i had this luck! 2 in a row.
    ....i did not even open it, it was obvious....shalimars dont stink!! both fakes stank simmilarly, like some bad male cologne mixed with water....yuk! disgusting....and the liquid inside is behaving like coloured water...perfume would be sticky after sitting in a bottle for 50 years

i waited patiently 24 days for it to arrive....

this all means faking perfumes works!otherwise people would not spend time doing it!

hehe god sent me as a police...it doesnt work with me though
    My heart Gomes out to you, I hate when you wait and wait for a scent - only to be the owner of garbage

Banned

hehehe thanks!!
    this was 2nd in a row luckily i had some huntch about it and bought 3rd one from a good source my EDC...
    i got refund in 1st case, and so will be this 2nd time....they cant get away with this!

just cant believe i got so "lucky" 2 times in a row and i was really not on chase for a bargains...was ready to pay proper price

Miss Dior Cherie..the 2011 version, haven't sniffed the version/versions before that but really want to! Cause I heard many people thought the 2011 version sucked compared to the previous stuff.

((((Ine)))) really big hugs going out your way.

Twolf, well, glad it's not Celine Dion, just imo! My hubs always says, 'sorry to you Americans that we gave you Celine.' Lol. He can't stand her stuff and well, either can I, lol. Sorry to any Celine fans, lol. Glad you found something you like though!
    Last edited by kalli; 30th November 2012 at 01:00 AM.

Basenotes Plus

Iivanita, I hope you get your money back.

(((Dora)))

Serge Lutens Feminite du Bois
    for the evening.

Have a good evening, everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    <snip>

So, $hades, any lottery $$$?
    NO, darn it! no5 let me down again. LOL

I'm wearing Bond Andy Warhol today.

ine, I'm so sorry ... sending hugs and good thoughts ...

feel better soon, mr and mrs PL!
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Mike, I am not even a cougar. I am a wolf. How old do you think I am? In my 60s? Nonononon, I am right there with everybody else, you included. Garou is not even five years younger than I am, and honestly, it does not matter! Two-three years is a huge difference when you are five or ten. When you are after 30 or 40, it is NOTHING. Rien!

Sinan.