Code of Conduct

Default Terre D'Hermes EDT vs EDP

Is it just me or does the EDP seem weaker than the EDT in terms of sillage, projection and longevity?

The overall smell of the EDP seems closer to the Earth concept whilst the EDT is in the sky.

Anyone else getting this or just me?

Default Re: Terre D'Hermes EDT vs EDP

I personally find the EDP stronger but I also have the EDT and like both equally.

I also find the EDP stronger, with both better projection and longevity. I like the EDT as well, but prefer the EDP because it's smoother, richer, stronger and longer lasting. Otherwise, the overall scents aren't all that different, and for warmer weather, I'd lean toward using the EDT.

Sound Scents

I get the same longevity with both, but get better projection with the edt. They are both superb scents but I prefer the edt.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Doesn't seem weaker just different. I really enjoy both. One of those scents where the EDT and EDP smell different enough to me to own both.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

"I've been everywhere but the electric chair seen everything but the wind."..

I concur I own the EdT and it lasts well over 12+ hours and projects significantly. I went in Sephora and sprayed the EdP on on my hand it hand no where near the projection at least of the EdT.

I do find the EdT lighter, and the EdP a little more top heavy.

Blog Entries

I have and like both, but to me, the Pure Parfum is richer, as previously posted. For some reason, I love wearing them together.

I've been trying them both lots of times because I wanted to get my partner one of them for Xmas. I don't know how many times I have gone to the Hermes counter and I have tried one on each hand/wrist. After many tests I went for the EDT. It just seemed to have more of what Terre D'Hermes is about, if you catch my drift! They both smell good but the EDT is more vibrant, it has more air in it, it is clearer. I preferred that. I hope my Mr. does too!

- - - Updated - - -

Doobly doubly do!

I originally had the EdT and since late 2010 own both. Simply couldn't see myself without either. I wear them depending on how I feel. The EdT can be year round, the Parfum for added luxury, but especially in the cooler months.

Usually an EDT will project more, and an EDP will last longer and be more of a richer skin scent.

I'm a fan of the EDP on this one.

I loved the scent of the EDT and blind bought the Parfum. The EDT and the Parfum are different as most people pointed out, similar but not the same - test both, please.

I have the same experience with 61824, the EDT I tested lasted at least 8 hours on me and the sillage is good. Parfum can be smelt only by me after 2 hours, even my wife couldn't detect it without coming extremely near to me so yes, its skin for Parfum. That said, I did only one spray. Parfum is strong initially and smells most wonderful, but it tapers off quite quickly.

So if you want to enjoy the smell for yourself, the Parfum is a choice pick. If its meant to be a statement, then EDT is it. Final word, both are hugely desirable!

I genuinely perceive the EDP as stronger, however, also noticing that the longevity and projection of the EDT are already quite good.

Although this has been discussed to death...the edt is sharper, and has better projection. It used to have amazing longevity, but it's been reformulated. The current edt doesn't have anywhere near the longevity.

The edp is smoother and has great longevity. I prefer this one.

A few months on I've got to say, the EDT is head and shoulders above the EDP.

The P is just too cloying and heavy, the T on the other hand is just right with how it hits you. Great smell.

Quote Originally Posted by aphexacid View Post
    Although this has been discussed to death...the edt is sharper, and has better projection. It used to have amazing longevity, but it's been reformulated. The current edt doesn't have anywhere near the longevity.

The edp is smoother and has great longevity. I prefer this one.
    It's been reformulated?? That is sad, why do perfume houses do that anyways?? Changing a winning formula isnt very smart is it?

Banned
    Blog Entries

i like the edp a little more, but theyre 95% the same

Quote Originally Posted by aqcmme View Post
    It's been reformulated?? That is sad, why do perfume houses do that anyways?? Changing a winning formula isnt very smart is it?
    Yup
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/307...s-reformulated

Quote Originally Posted by aphexacid View Post
    Many thanks, tempted to just add Iso E... ...

Many thanks, tempted to just add Iso E... ...
    How would you do that? Spray a layer of Iso on first, let it settle then TDH?

Quote Originally Posted by 61824 View Post
    How would you do that? Spray a layer of Iso on first, let it settle then TDH?
    Yeah, i was thinking that. Or mix some into a bottle of TDM...
    Does it work either way?

Basenotes Member

my vote EDT

None of them, try Montale Red Vetiver

Yeah, i was thinking that. Or mix some into a bottle of TDM...
    Does it work either way?
    Me knoweth not, although my intuition tells me that the best method would be spray ISO, wait, then TDH as mixing would need proportion and you could screw the pooch and ruin the bottle of TDH for nothing.

I have both and find the EDP far better, the EDT has more sillage but quickly disintegrates after 1-2 hours, I attribute this to the new IFRA regulations.
    Last edited by vinramani09; 15th April 2014 at 05:24 PM.

I am testing both, the EDP and EDT on my arms, EDP wins, it has much more depth.