Code of Conduct

Default Can a guy pull off Serge Lutens Rahat Loukoum? Is it a safe blind buy? Is the Paris version better?

For example, I don't think most guys can pull off Tom Ford's Black Orchid.

Is Serge Lutens Rahat Loukoum just as fem?

Anywhere to get samples instead of spending $300 bottle?

All suggestions welcome.

Overcome By Fumes

Default Re: Can a guy pull off Serge Lutens Rahat Loukoum? Is it a safe blind buy? Is the Paris version bett

I've worn it and been complimented on it. It's quite sweet. I'm fairly liberal on the "guys pulling off" scale. On the other hand when my mini-bottle was finished I had no desire to replace it. I don't believe the versions are different. I don't know the other fragrance to which you refer, so I can't compare. No idea on samples either.

Default Re: Can a guy pull off Serge Lutens Rahat Loukoum? Is it a safe blind buy? Is the Paris version bett

It is very sweet, but not especially floral, so if you are ok with sweetness, it should be ok. The only place where it is sold in the US is Barneys in NYC, so if you live there, you can drop by. Sometimes the Paris store has a set of wax samples of the exclusive collection, but I do not know if they send it out upon request.

cacio

Yes, extremely sweet but if sweet is not a problem....

I dont find it that sweet. Gourmand yes. Sweet like sugar, no.

Wearable by men, yes why not.

for swap/sale:

Basenotes Plus

Unisex imho. Sweet maybe but not tooth-achingly so. For some reason it often gets overlooked among the Lutens.

I wore a sample yesterday. Hated it. While anyone can pull off anything (I'm sure there are guys wearing Chanel No. 5), this one is very feminine. And I thought it smelled like a powdery, doughy floral.

I got my sample from The Perfumed Court.
    Current Top Five:

1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver