Code of Conduct

Question Searching for a Scent similar to L'Occitane Eau de 4 Voleurs

I have a small decant of the sadly discontinued L'Occitane Eau de 4 Voleurs, and I love this scent but hesitate to use it given my meager supply and the rareness of this frag (when a bottle turns up on eBay, the bidding is pretty reckless). I'm wondering: has anyone found a suitable substitute for this one? In searching threads, I found someone compare it to a combination of Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet (which I have, and is a nice dry lemon but lacks the 'oomph' of 4V) and Pino Silvestre. I get the lemon and pine in 4 Voleurs, and theoretically there should be some other frags out there that cop this same vibe, but there's something going on in 4 Voleurs that really captivates me. Anyone out there found it's successor?

Default Re: Searching for a Scent similar to L'Occitane Eau de 4 Voleurs

Love this one and glad I still have a large bottle of it. Perhaps Kipling by Weil as it shares many of the notes but nothing like the L'Occitane IMO.

I once owned a bottle of Ed4V and could never smell any pine in it. It seemed very light to me and I actually prefer lighter colognes that I can very the strength with an extra spray or two. Ed4V was recommended to me as a fragrance I might like because I was a fan of Halston 101 from the mid eighties. I later bought a bottle of Bowling Green because I could smell the fir/pine/juniper along with the lemon. (Shamless) I am selling my BG as I am purging all fragrances that I don't wear regularly enough.

In addition to Pino Silvester and Blenheim Bouquet, you might try Dior's Granville. That is a lovely scent. Hard to find, but worth a try, is La Base for Him by Magic Helvetia.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

Dior Granville immediately comes to mind. I own both it and 4 Voleurs, but I haven't directly compared the two. If Blenheim Bouquet isn't doing it for you, maybe Granville will be the ticket.

Thanks for suggestions. It seems like many of the suggestions are as HTF or expensive as 4 Voleurs. I'll just have to keep on the lookout!

Bumping this as I'm wondering if, a year on, anything else comes to mind to anyone as being similar to 4 Voleurs ?

edit - sorry just noticed it was only a few months ago not a year
    Last edited by Orieno; 6th March 2013 at 12:10 PM.

Dependent

Nope

The higher prices I see for 4 Voleurs, the more tempted I am to sell my bottle (85-90% full).
    Then I wear it again and snap back to reality. It is the best fragrance I've ever owned, and I'm not parting with it.

I'm actually tempted to test this 'scent matchers' place that makes a clone of 4 Voleurs, despite mentions on 'ripoff report'.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by timdoeswell View Post
    The higher prices I see for 4 Voleurs, the more tempted I am to sell my bottle (85-90% full).
    Then I wear it again and snap back to reality. It is the best fragrance I've ever owned, and I'm not parting with it.

I'm actually tempted to test this 'scent matchers' place that makes a clone of 4 Voleurs, despite mentions on 'ripoff report'.
    Word on the street is those guys are scammers.

I've never come across a nutmeg-herbal frag like Ed4V, with its patchouli-moss-musk base. For just nutmeg and musk, give Cacharel pH a try.

Yeah I know, but as I (gradually) use up my bottle, I may become more and more desparate to find a beautiful lemon/sage/musk fragrance like 4 Voleurs

I wonder if they'd be willing to sell a small sample of their 4 Voleurs recreation.
    I might just ask, as I'd imagine they'd want to get as much goodwill as possible.

I am also nursing a small decant of this lovely juice.

Vintage
    Dunhill Edition gives me the same 'vibe' as 4 Voleurs.
    Last edited by morrison74; 8th March 2013 at 02:53 PM.
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

Dependent

I didn't care for Granville or find it particularly similar to Ed4V.

- - - Updated - - -

Lacoste Land is the closest I have come across. It's not quite as good -- about halfway between Ed4V and Cacharel pH as it has more nutmeg. But not bad at all