Code of Conduct

Default First Creed. Aventus bought online. Is it real?

Hi guys. I just bought my first creed..hopefully. It seems legit but the quality is a little off for what I expect out of a couple hundred dollar bottle. Maybe this is why it wasn't sold retail and was sent for online purchases. Well it was shipped and sold by amazon for a little less than 200 bucks. The chrome cap is discolored and lose. The black wrapping doesn't stick down where it overlaps. Everything else seems to be good though. The sprayer is harder than most like it should be and shoots out a good cloud of fragrance. The glass does have a slight blue hue when looked from the proper angle below the cap.. which seems to be legit. Paris on the bottom seems to be slightly vague looking. Here are some pics. Let me know what you guys think. Its a C01 batch, which I heard is relatively recent. Thanks!

Default Re: First Creed. Aventus bought online. Is it real?

Lot number: 42 is the Creed code for Aventus. 12 represents the year 2012. The final 01 indicates it was manufactured in the first quarter of the year. Creed caps are often loose. The bottles spray a good bit of juice. Nothing jumps out as being fake. But that doesn't mean it's good quality. The bottle looks beat up, and if it was exposed to heat and light that could burn off some of the top notes or otherwise mess up the fragrance. That's always a risk when you buy gray market goods from unauthorized dealers.

Yeah I hope it wasn't exposed to a lot of potentially harmful environments. The top is a huge burst of pineapple though so I think it is still good. Thanks for the info.

Real deal
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Looks legit to me.

FYI my bottle (2011 batch bought in London's Harrods) also has the label coming off slightly. Albeit, I got mine 11 months ago.

Yeah man it'd be hard to fake a bottle like that from the box all the way down to the digitized lot number at the bottom. If it were a fake, it'd likely be fake juice in a real bottle.

Looks pretty authentic to me, but this is exactly why I bought my Aventus directly from the Creed Boutique - piece of mind. May be authentic, but you will never know how it was stored - that is the hidden cost of Grey Market products. Hopefully you will enjoy your Aventus.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Dior - Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions
    6. Puredistance - Black
    7. Tom Ford - Plum Japonais
    8. Neela Vermeire - Trayee
    9. Creed - Royal Oud
    10. Chanel - Egoiste

Looks fine to me.

Blog Entries

It's real. Creed's crappy quality assurance means all of its different lot numbers smell...different. You can't compare one lot to another as they are all different. As for the bottle, I have seen many Aventus bottles with crappy sprayers, I tested one at Neiman Marcus that squeaked and only half the juice dripped out. My label peels off like that as well, just more shoty quality from a House that is so worshiped that it doesn't care what people think. Forget the fear-mongers who rant about "grey market" Neiman Marcus and Creed boutique bottles labels peel like that also. Genuine bottle, genuine juice...enjoy and hope you didn't pay retail.

fake. send it to me.

If it's fake it's the best I've ever seen?

Thanks guys. The stuff does smell great and I paid 40% off retail. So I am happy even though the bottle looks like junk.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RCAL View Post
    Thanks guys. The stuff does smell great and I paid 40% off retail. So I am happy even though the bottle looks like junk.
    You don't wear the bottle do you?

I was actually going to drill a whole in the top of it and put a gold chain through and use it as a neck piece. Gotta show off my bling!

Blog Entries

I was actually going to drill a whole in the top of it and put a gold chain through and use it as a neck piece. Gotta show off my bling!
    LOL, that would be funny except the way people go on about Aventus, someone probably has done that already...

Basenotes Plus

Ssshhhh! Don't give anyone any ideas, because someone just may do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dailey View Post
    If it's fake it's the best I've ever seen?
    Yeah, this

My bottle also has loose cap and label doesnt stick down on the back all the way. Mine is real, I think you are fine

Blog Entries

Just pondering out loud why a company with such a long history, and a hard fought reputation has allowed the batch variations, poor quality adhesive, inferior pump atomizers, cheap caps...my GIT bottle seems well made (GIT has no label though) but my Aventus bottle is falling apart like the original poster's bottle. I have tried testers of OV GIT and Adventus who's atomizer pumps were crappy. In comparing Creed to say My Mona d'Orio bottle with the cute champagne bottle top, high quality atomizer, etc there is no comparison on quality.

They probably figure since they have now differentiated their product from others and can sell it for a premium, they can ride on their name and reduced costs without people assuming they are cheaping out. Better adhesive, better sprayer and better caps would probably only cost a dollar or 2 more per bottle max. They probably only have 10 dollars in a bottle and they sell it for probably 15x that.

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by Possum-Pie View Post
    Just pondering out loud why a company with such a long history, and a hard fought reputation has allowed the batch variations, poor quality adhesive, inferior pump atomizers, cheap caps...my GIT bottle seems well made (GIT has no label though) but my Aventus bottle is falling apart like the original poster's bottle. I have tried testers of OV GIT and Adventus who's atomizer pumps were crappy. In comparing Creed to say My Mona d'Orio bottle with the cute champagne bottle top, high quality atomizer, etc there is no comparison on quality.
    Because even with super poor quality control and horrific batch variations suckers will still pay top dollar for a chance to be part of the Creed crowd.