Code of Conduct

Default SOTD: Friday 30th November 2012

Morning fragrant ones!,

How are we this Friday? It is awful weather up here, Mr Jack Frost was busy last night! My car is solid.

I'm not going to be in sync today (I can't believe there is only 4 more to go!)

I'm in Parfums MDCI - Ambre Topkapi

Hope everyone has a great Friday and weekend

Default Re: SOTD: Friday 30th November 2012

Morning all,

I may not be synching with a gourmand, but I do smell good enough to eat (even if say so myself! hehe): Guerlain Liù.

Wishing everyone a great Friday.

sotd - miller harris cuir d'oranger

L'Artisan Vanille Absolument.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Thumbs up Re: SOTD: Friday 30th November 2012

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

SOTD: Jaipur Homme

Basenotes Plus

SOTD is Fendi Theorema, wonderfully comforting on this chilly, dreary day.

Wish you all a lovely Friday.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Hello all. SL Louve.
    DONNA

Basenotes Plus

Good morning and TGIF . Somewhat on the chilly side here too

Gourmands are my least favourite genre and as a consequence have very little representation in my wardrobe. However, there are still one or two that hit the spot so synching with Penhaligon's Endymion today.

Last edited by JON RODGERS; 30th November 2012 at 10:56 AM.

Hello all.

Out of sync as ever in Portrait of a Lady.

Have a great weekend

lady in black on a park bench by bernhard gutmann.jpg
    Do happy

Well I thought it would be easy as pie to synchronize today, as most of my favorites are gourmand. I don't really have a *favorite* but am in Reglisse Noire along with some Coffee Coco Curl Creme both of which are lovely gourmand smells.

- - - Updated - - -

Well I thought it would be easy as pie to synchronize today, as most of my favorites are gourmand. I don't really have a *favorite* but am in Reglisse Noire along with some Coffee Coco Curl Creme both of which are lovely gourmand smells.

Good morning everyone First of all I'm really touched by all the condolences yesterday.It's been some rather tough months lately,nd with this on top...Well,at least I got plenty of things that needs to be done, which helps me focus on something else. Sotd is Tam Dao.

Like Jon, I don't care for gourmands at all in the main, with a few exeptions, buuuuuut, for the synch today, Aomassai.

When I tried it the first time I was struck by a dominant hazelnut note, but today it is so much more. This is a really interesting fragrance. I begins with a pronounced burnt sugar caramel note then toasted hazelnuts, then a kind of liquorice note joins in (not anise-ey, it is like the black liquorice that you eat). The whole stays dry though which keeps interesting for me. It becomes woody in time. Really good.

Have a lovely weekend everyone.

Hello everyone -

I'm playing tennis in a little while, so no gourmands for me. I was craving something lush and green and vibrant anyway, so I'm in vintage Norell ...this should work just fine.

Y'all have a great day!

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

So, if G. is yummy today, I am Rrrrrrrrrrrr today in Jicky Extrait. No gourmands per se here either.
    Hectic and chaotic day at work. High time for a nice bottle of red tonight!
    I think Boxeuses will go nicely with it.
    Cheers all ^^

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Evangeline, can you believe this news?

NORDSTROM OPENING IN WISCONSIN's MAYFAIR MALL IN 2015!!!
    (http://www.jsonline.com/business/nordstrom-coming-to-mayfair-in-2015-7q7rhtb-181464231.html)
    I will actually be able to sample and even potentially buy luxury fragrances IN STATE!

Funky orange "leather," Danny.
    Heady urns photo, Roberto.
    Great ad, Jon.
    Good taste is never out of sync, LadyM, et al.
    Foustie, I think I'd like to dunk you in a cup of coffee.

For as long as it lasts, I'm wearing two dabs of L'Artisan Vanilia. It's a little reminiscent of Jaisalmer's sweeter notes, but thankfully L'Artisan's V is not too sweet at all. This is the best vanilla scent I've found thus far, so of course it's discontinued.

Gourmand lovers, tell us about your favorites today and tomorrow in the SnS thread.

I know Lilybelle has given up posting here for Advent. (Gosh, I miss her.) But it also feels like our numbers are dwindling -- or is that my imagination?
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Basenotes Plus

Good morning!

Wearing the vanilla bomb Dior Addict today.

Have a great weekend!

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Lounging lazily in L'Instant du Guerlain pour Homme Eau Extreme this AM
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

No sync, no scent at all for me. Hubby was right, I can't breathe today. Thank goodness I hustled and got a good start on that Goutal-o-rama last week; I'd feel even worse if I were behind on that. Thank you for all the get well wishes yesterday, gang! The Mr. is a bit better today and my turn is coming.

I miss Lilybelle, too! Yes, Quarry, I've noticed our SotD thread seems to be shrinking lately. Hope it's just holiday fuss that's keeping our friends busy. You smell fantastic, btw, Quarry! For the most part (for me), if it's vanilla it better be called Shalimar. But Vanilia really is something special! What a shame it's discontinued; was a truly unique vanilla scent.
    The nose wants what it wants!

Blog Entries

SotD - two sprays of Tobacco Vanille by Tom Ford (from a sample)

Quote Originally Posted by PerfumedLady View Post
    No sync, no scent at all for me. Hubby was right, I can't breathe today. Thank goodness I hustled and got a good start on that Goutal-o-rama last week; I'd feel even worse if I were behind on that. Thank you for all the get well wishes yesterday, gang! The Mr. is a bit better today and my turn is coming.
    Aw Honey! You have got the Perfume Lovers Blight. Poor you! I hope that you get better quickly and get back to your gorgeous smelling self.

Quarry, you can dunk me in your tea any time!!

I have obvioulsy missed Mike's birthday (shame on me). I'll go over and pop in on him.

....and Lillybelle, I know. Miss her too.

Private Label by Jovoy

Good afternoon.
    I'm in Cuir Ottoman, today- and partly in synch, by total chance: I've just prepared a decant of Traversée du Bosphore for a friend and my fingers smell like a loukhoum...
    "Your fragrance with a fume of iodine" L. Cohen

JR, I lurrrrrrrrrve your ad!

I love gourmands. I can do sweets and edibles, one of my (several!) crushes is Pierrrrrrrrre of Parfumerie Generale and -- trust me! -- he knows a thing or two about them tasty things. Strangely enough, I do not have anything (samples or otherwise) by PG or Frapin (another house with the fragrances tastefully and tastily done!) in the house at the moment. I do not "do" Thierry Mugler. It leaves me with a friend of mine -- Garner James Sikar. Underrated, unknown yet masterfully blended by wooznib. Jimmy, how are you doin' these days?
    Last edited by Twolf; 30th November 2012 at 04:40 PM.

Good morning everyone! I managed to remember to synch today (!) and am wearing my current fav gourmand, Frapin 1270. I have been wearing this alot in the evenings as it has turned colder, so rather interesting to smell it while at work I love this thing to bits!

Hoping for a nice glass of red tonight, after tennis with a friend. Or two glasses

EDIT: I see Wolfie and I are thinking alike again

Cello, we were in sync posting about Frapin. Hugs.

I am accidentally partly in synch today in Lutens Fumerie Turque, as promised yesterday. Hi, G! Got your nose turned this direction?

I say only partly in synch because there's NO POSSIBLE WAY for me to have a favorite gourmand. I love all the ones I have! But Fumerie Turque is definitely up there!

Mmmmmm, Foustie, you smell wonderful! Aomassai is another one of my favorite gourmands and sunny comfort scents, if you know what I mean.

Cello, this is too funny -- I was torn between Frapin 1270 and Fumerie Turque this morning. 1270 is one of my new big loves, and if I don't get a FB from Santa, I'll be getting one for myself very soon. That stuff just knocks my socks off.

EDIT: Cello, I see lots of interesting commonalities in our wardrobes. Have you tried Huitieme Art Myrrhiad and Mazzolari Patchouly or Mazzolari Lei? You might enjoy those. I love them.

And Wolfie, too! Frapin AND PG! Love it!

(((ineespenes))) I hope the last of the move went well and that you're surrounding yourself with loving family. Hang in there.
    Last edited by ExtremeK; 30th November 2012 at 03:04 PM.

Basenotes Plus

In synch again for the evening and avoiding the predictable option (Rochas Man). Going with SL Jeux de Peau.

Will shortly be joining Cello (and others ) with a welcome glass of vin rouge. Home made pizza is ready for the oven and a Spanish Rioja will be the preprandial (with another bottle on standby for during and after, naturally ).

Prada Infusion d'Homme

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Portrait of a Lady by Malle
    I'm not OLD...I'm VINTAGE!

Fils de Dieu du Riz et des Agrumes

Maybe not the most seasonally appropriate, but I just got a full bottle from a fellow BNer and I want to wear it!
    Current Top Five:
    1. Bois des Iles--Chanel
    2. George Sand--Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier
    3. L'Ame Soeur--Divine
    4. Violet Blonde--Tom Ford
    5. Santal Blush--Tom Ford

Wearing Organza Indecence, in sync as it smell like vanilla custard and cinnamon on me.

........BPH, vintage EDT

Good evening fragrant friends. Synched in TM Angel A Taste of Fragrance. The powdery cocoa is heavy in the opening and rapidly becomes a drier, softer version of Angel but lacks the longevity.

More hugs for ((Ine)) and healing vibes to the PLs.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Easyfish, on behalf of virtually all the girls here, we accept your ring.
    Too bad Lilybelle can't see that, given how she loved the watch.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Basenotes Plus

Love the kitty picture, Jon!

Wearing Thierry Mugler Innocent this afternoon, it's very gourmand.
    Notes are mandarin orange, bergamot, black current, almond, red berries,
    amber, white musk and praline.

Isabel Derroisne Lettre a Anna this PM.

Synching again this evening in Prada Candy. A colleague wears it and I found it to be lovely on her, woody rather than very sweet. She was kind enough to allow me to have a decant. I am wearing it tonight and it is very nice indeed. Interestingly, it shares quite a bit with my earlier synch. PG Aomassai!.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

SOTN; Tom Ford, Tobacco Vanille

Hey y'all -

I'm in lots of Coco this evening, shower gel, body cream and 80s edp ...just as good as it gets.

Congratulations Quarry - your very own Nordies! That's excellent ...although Tosa seems like an odd choice to me. But I read some of the comments and a few of them specifically mention fragrance, so this should be quite a boon for all you WI perfumistas, and Mayfair's a lot closer than Michigan Ave!
    Last edited by Evangeline; 30th November 2012 at 10:16 PM.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry;2772297For as long as it lasts, I'm wearing two dabs of [B
    L'Artisan Vanilia[/B]. It's a little reminiscent of Jaisalmer's sweeter notes, but thankfully L'Artisan's V is not too sweet at all. This is the best vanilla scent I've found thus far, so of course it's discontinued.

Gourmand lovers, tell us about your favorites today and tomorrow in the SnS thread.
    ) oh this is my favourite too!!!!

was wearing myself today was hard to get up so i could not make up my mind and i went with just dab of Don Corleone, its all natural stuff

have a nice one

Rose and Framboise Madini oils for me.

Blog Entries

SOTD: APOM pour Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian.

It's kind of late but I've been wearing Back to Black by Kilian

Checking in late too, wore Montale Rose Elixir today and just switched to Memo Quartier Latin for evening.

bleu autumn haze

I'm in synch today with my favorite gourmand: Angel! Chalk up another compliment received ...
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Basenotes Plus

I've been a bit of a stranger here due to work.

Yes.....I got a job, one that pays me, I mean.

Hermes Eau des Mervielles is best for work. I've been wearing it, Eau Claire & L'Amber (all flankers of the original EdM) for a couple of weeks now.

I love it when I recognize a scent on one of the residents. There's lots of very classy older ladies here and they dress for dinner. They love to get compliments on their fragrance!
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

RedHotMama, please enjoy your time with older and wiser folks. I do mine, too. One lady used to wear Soir de Paris, pre-ref. One was a huge fan of White Linen. Most of them will tell you how it is and what they want. Yesterday we were making gingerbread men and women garlands out of brown lunch bags, with sparkles, pompoms, white trims etc., it was a lot of fun. Today we celebrated someone's 88th birthday. When some of them ask why I am always happy, I answer: Because I feel being loved! (Not really true, sometimes I answer: Because I lack in the marbles department! Yeah, still remember a few years ago when I said I did not have enough marbles, one older guy remarked: They all have turned into diamonds!).