Code of Conduct

Default So today it's freezing cold so I decided to wear.....

....Creed's Virgin Island Water.

Been following the 'seasonal scents' so far this Autumn/Winter but today woke up and although cold was a lovely blue sky. I just couldn't face a gourmand/spicey/oriental cold weather scent so decided to break out one of my summer favourites VIW, and it's working a treat. I think I'll do this more often to keep things interesting. Seems I could get away with overspraying the lighter scents in winter and underspraying my heavier scents in warmer weather. Anybody else regularly wear seasonal scents in all weathers?

Default Re: So today it's freezing cold so I decided to wear.....

I haven't it for 8 months yet, but I did wear MI a few times in cold, crisp weather where there was at least some sunshine. It worked a treat. I'm not so sure I'd wear VIW, but the fruitiness of MI worked really well in my opinion.

This is not allowed

Fragrances can be worn at anytime.

I think many get caught in the hype of "seasonal" fragrances, and while I too have a certain list that I know will be in heavy rotation through any one particular season, I still will wear whatever I feel like smelling at the time.

I wear all fragrances during all seasons.

I am happy to wear my "summer" frags during winter, but if I do the reverse (wear "winter" frags in the heat of summer), I end up enjoying them much less.

TF Grey vetiver!
    don't take yourself too seriously.. join ThickHeadshttp://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=113

YSL L' Homme!

I definitely follow my seasonal instincts for fragrance. There are weather and other conditions that can really amplify certain ingredients; mostly, it's just an extension of my upbringing, where we changed the pictures on the wall five times a year (the seasons plus New Years) and the flower arrangement in the living room was supposed to express the essence of the season.

That being said though, my choice for today's bright but chilly weather was...... Ferre's Bergamotto Marino! Having loved this all during the summer and fall, I thought it might have a new facet to show me in winter. The salt and jasmine notes are brilliant in the cold air, the sharpness of the bergamot echoes the slight metallic scent of snow in the passing clouds. I'm having a great choice of scent today.

CologneFan85

At times I do the same when I am needing some change. I tend to use Chanel Bleu in this case, the orange dry down can smell creamy in the cold weather and tends to work .

Virgin Island Water is always a form of escapism, to me. It's your memory's idea of the most beautiful, unspoilt Caribbean island, every bit as paradisical as you always thought it would be.

It's never going to be appropriate to wear in the UK, but it's almost nostalgic to me.

That BM was a good choice bro. Summer scent but projects well in the winter.

It's interesting you mention this. Lately I've been wanting to break away from the gourmands and spicy scents I've been wearing in the cold up here in New England, so last week I wore MI (a sample, now I own it :P) to class in the cold and it was a TREAT and a half! That fragrance is just so good, and it was awesome to wear even in the cold. I also wore Green Irish Tweed (again a sample, and again now I own it) on Monday during a rainy, cold, miserable day at school and it was great as well. Not to mention it lasted a good eight hours on my skin that day.