Code of Conduct

Default Is this a vintage gucci envy for men?

I accidentally found this little gem at a perfume store here in my hometown. I was talking to the owner and tried testing my luck on a gucci envy (since they are now extremely hard to find!!) and to my surprise, he came out of with this:

I never seen this bottle before but after a spray (it was never been used since he needed to pump several times before the juice came out) I knew it is definitely not a fake. It is more full bodied than my other envy (regular square bottle) and the fact that it is 125 ml is a good bonus as well. He told me the price and lets just say... I bought it without even missing a beat.

Is this a vintage?

Thanks
    Top 5 in rotation: Dior Homme, Pure Malt, Egoiste, Gucci Envy, Platinum Egoiste

Happiness is perfume, you can't pour it on somebody else without getting a few drops on yourself.
    -James Van Der Zee

Looking for large CAPS for M7, boss bottled #6, Bvlgari PH and YSL La Nuit

Default Re: Is this a vintage gucci envy for men?

Have never seen this bottle either. Must have been a specially produced tester.

Odd, a refill for a tester! Never seen this bottle style for Envy.

The color of the juice looks correct for vintage. Vintage juice was a pale, yellowish green while the reformulated juice was more bright green.

Quote Originally Posted by noggs View Post
    Odd, a refill for a tester! Never seen this bottle style for Envy.

The color of the juice looks correct for vintage. Vintage juice was a pale, yellowish green while the reformulated juice was more bright green.
    This...

and the only way to find out is to spray from the "normal" vintage bottle of Envy for men and that odd bottle, and compare.
    "Le parfum est la musique du corps"
    (Marcel Rochas)

i can safely say that this juice is authentic! I did a thorough side by side with my other envy (dated 2007) and this one is just smoother, deeper and rounder and wow the longevity/projection is a notch better than my other envy. Def worth keeping and this bottle is just unique

thanks for all the reply
    Last edited by BlackRainbow; 2nd December 2012 at 03:23 PM.
    Top 5 in rotation: Dior Homme, Pure Malt, Egoiste, Gucci Envy, Platinum Egoiste

Happiness is perfume, you can't pour it on somebody else without getting a few drops on yourself.
    -James Van Der Zee

Looking for large CAPS for M7, boss bottled #6, Bvlgari PH and YSL La Nuit

Dependent

awesome find!

Blog Entries

Nice find! Never seen this before....

The color is similar to my 50ml Envy (2003) -- pale green. My 100ml (2007) is "greener" or more solid green, purchased from a store.

Not to hijack the thread, but does anyone know when Gucci stopped producing vintage Envy?

Most likely, a legit tester bottle.