Code of Conduct

Default New lince launched: Sentifique from Switzerland launces four fragrances

Swiss company Sentifique has just launched their line of four fragrances; two unisex, one feminine and one masculine.

I like the sleek and minimal packaging, and the fragrances sounds reasonably interesting. It's still early days for the brand as they are slowly getting national distribution. There is no online shop or sample program and I didn't find any info on pricing, but being Swiss I can't imagine them being cheap or even reasonably priced

Cèdre Sacré: Lemon peel, Cedar, African incense, Oud

Dangereuse: Coconut milk, White musk, Mysore sandalwood

Party: Magnolia blossom, Tangerine peel, Pimento, Aldehydes

Testostérone: Birch tar, Oud, Patchouli
    Last edited by furrypine; 24th February 2013 at 09:57 AM.

Default Re: New lince launched: Sentifique from Switzerland launces four fragrances

Hi Furrypine. The Sentifique pefumes are actually only available in Switzerland and at one shop in Germany ("Hautnah" in Munich). Sentifique will launch their scents in the US and other countries next year. Samples can be ordered by sending an e-mail. Greetings from Switzerland Frama

Default Re: New lince launched: Sentifique from Switzerland launces four fragrances

Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Frama View Post
    Hi Furrypine. The Sentifique pefumes are actually only available in Switzerland and at one shop in Germany ("Hautnah" in Munich). Sentifique will launch their scents in the US and other countries next year. Samples can be ordered by sending an e-mail. Greetings from Switzerland Frama
    Thanks for the tip. I've sent them an email to ask if they have any distributors in Geneva or Vaud. I'd love to try these.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by furrypine View Post
    ...being Swiss I can't imagine them being cheap or even reasonably priced
    Things aren't too bad when you earn Swiss Francs. Tauer is very reasonably priced compared to the prices of designer fragrances here!

A Twitter message said to just send them an email for samples. I used this address from their website: info@sentifique.com
    cheers, tim

Bottles and packagings look incredibly similar to Helmut Lang's fragrances...Thanks for the heads up, Furrypine.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

There are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too many fragrance lines.

Why are there like as 100x as many frags now than, say, in the 70s or 80s? Maybe 1000x.

Back then, if there was a new frag - it was really new - like Kouros or joop or something. It was a new smell. Now everyone just repackages prior ideas, modifies them very slightly and pumps out a new "line."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post
    Bottles and packagings look incredibly similar to Helmut Lang's fragrances...Thanks for the heads up, Furrypine.
    The bottle and packaging is cheap generic stuff anyone with access to bestbottles dot com and an inkjet printer can make. It's pretty easy to identify who makes their own custom bottles, and who just buys stock stuff from wholesalers.
    Last edited by Cerel9; 2nd December 2012 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerel9 View Post
    Why are there like as 100x as many frags now than, say, in the 70s or 80s? Maybe 1000x.
    Back then, if there was a new frag - it was really new - like Kouros or joop or something. It was a new smell. Now everyone just repackages prior ideas, modifies them very slightly and pumps out a new "line."
    The bottle and packaging is cheap generic stuff anyone with access to bestbottles dot com and an inkjet printer can make. It's pretty easy to identify who makes their own custom bottles, and who just buys stock stuff from wholesalers.
    If it weren't for Basenotes, I'd have no idea what was new--or worthy. BN helps me sort it out.
    Alas, the industry's growth has often left quality behind. But I'm hoping that quality still prevails--if I am careful and look for it. With the Internet, anyone in the world can make a perfume and sell it. That may yield excess proliferation, but it may also afford otherwise unknown noses to present their stuff. (Slumberhouse comes to mind. I can't say I like their stuff or their style, but I'm glad they're accounted for.)
    Another recent BN thread discussed the nature and value of packaging. I think the punchline was that it's needed to get the shopper's attention. As one who never shops for fragrance in a store, it's value to me is limited. And as I commented in my post, I like to think that when the packaging takes a backseat, it may be because the juice is more important. Perhaps not.
    Sentifique's bottles/packaging is minimal and I like that. However, one who buys from BestBottles, I suspect theirs are not what Sentifique is using. BB's bottles could not match commercial levels of clarity and strength. And I'd guess that the glossy, water-resistant stock of the Sentifique box is not possible with an inkjet printer either.
    My introduction to Swiss fragrances was La Base by Magic Helvetia. The box was not glossy, nor water-resistant; the bottle was just short of homely. The juice was, and remains, unlike anything I've ever smelled.
    cheers,
    tim

Quote Originally Posted by Cerel9 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I have bought all four scents from Sentifque. The packaging is minimalist and stylish and of very high quality. The names of the perfumes are printed on the glass (no stickers). The boxes have an elegant matt silky finish and the printing is embossed in glossy black. The typographic design of the elegant packaging is typically Swiss but it deceives the eye. These perfumes are absolutely extraordinary! Four scents, each with a different character. Really new and fascinating. You smell the costly ingredients. You should try to get some samples from them. It's the inside that counts. Some price information: They sell for 135 and 145 Euros for 50 ml (1,7 fl oz)
    Last edited by Frama; 19th December 2012 at 11:35 PM.

No stickers? Well they have bond no. 9 beat.

Thank You for letting us know FP. Cèdre Sacré sounds intriguing. Shall we try to get some samples and see how we go? Has anyone tried them yet?

Edit; Actually they all sound .....intriguing.......

I've got samples of the line - I'll be sure to let you guys know when I try them out properly
    Last edited by forfreddie; 12th December 2012 at 09:19 PM.

Alas, I had to pay for mine....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by awayalonealong View Post
    And now I wish I hadn't. First, it was about a week before they sent out the samples and they were another week in arriving. Second, and much more significant, was what came in the 1.6mL spray vials. But before I proceed let me say that (a) my nose is my nose and everyone else may disagree with my responses, (b) I've not yet posted a negative review (so far as I recall), but since they are so new I thought I'd be the first to take the leap, and (c) my excitement may have been too high.

With those caveats, I'll keep this brief. They are not unisex. They have an overemphasis on the top notes and thus a weak structure. The "fresh" accord dominates and synthetic comes to mind.

cheers,
    tim

Tim buying samples is cheaper than travelling all the way to Switzerland I assure you! I've spent hundreds of pounds literally on samples, I was just lucky enough to meet some of the Scentifique team - I'd never ask for something for free, the amount of money that goes into these businesses and scent creations are worth a small fee to try them all that's for sure. Everyone's tastes are different, I'll look forward to trying these properly myself.

I've made enquiries about samples. They responded quickly. The samples are free. There is a handling and shipping charge which would depend where you live. I have a really busy time ahead these next couple of months but I do hope to join you in the New Year Freddie. I am really interested in these. I like contemporary fragrance.

- - - Updated - - -

With those caveats, I'll keep this brief. They are not unisex. They have an overemphasis on the top notes and thus a weak structure. The "fresh" accord dominates and synthetic comes to mind.

cheers,
    tim
    Dear Tim. Only two of these four fragrances are "unisex". Dangereuse is for women and Testostérone is for men.

I also do not agree with your "overemphasis on the top notes". A top note is what you smell first and fades away more or less quickly. Once the top note has lost its intensity the scent can turn into a totally different direction. The perfumes from Sentifique have an other concept. You instantly smell almost the whole composition and it does not change for hours. If they were made only of top notes they would not last so long. It is very difficult to create perfumes with linear top, heart and base notes. Some people may prefer developing scents. I personally love this linear perfumes: distinct, reliable and without aftertaste.
    Last edited by Frama; 3rd January 2013 at 08:31 PM.

Although I would imagine it to be not very original, I love Testosterone and I am thinking of getting a full bottle. I can't stop smelling my arm.

Thanks for the info.

Testosterone is quite special, I get a lot of the birch tar and what they refer to as 'medicinal spices', it's a bit heavy I don't get much patchouli or oud from it, I think the fact that oud isn't prominent is a good thing since there are too many fragrances that have been recently released with oud notes.

It's quite different and I can't think of anything to compare it to. I like it. Cedre Sacre I need a bit more time with.

Banned
    Blog Entries

they arent very good at naming their fragrances....

Words can't... me and these, did not get on.

Quote Originally Posted by forfreddie View Post
    Words can't... me and these, did not get on.
    Words can not describe them?? Not very helpful!

You are a perfume blogger and not a man of few words, Freddie! People expect more from you than just saying it’s a crap. Are you really not able to describe this perfumes? You’d either give it a try or stop dubiously bashing a new brand without any reasonable statement.

I'd never bash a company, old or new - I don't wanna influence anyway elses taste, and I've had a few messages recently asking what I thought of them, I'm not going to write anything indepth becuase so little has been said about them on here so far.
    I hope it's working out for you - they just weren't for me is all I said.

Freddie, these fragrances are very special and can not be everyone’s taste. This is a forum and you are free to say that you do not like them. However in your blog “SMELLYTHOUGHTS” you call them “crap of the year” and “no words can describe them”. Now you repeat this again on basenotes. A verdict like this without explanations is just dull bashing and can not be taken serious. People are reading your blog and believe me, I'm getting messages about this subject too. Some people are really taking you serious, some ask me what might be wrong with you and some people think you are bashing Sentifique on behalf of competitors. This is not good! A more civilized comment such as “I do not like them” would have been a clear statement and not confusing anyone. I would never rate a product without giving any explanations. Dull bashing is boring and should not be your style!