Code of Conduct

Question Rive Gauche Pour Homme ~ How Rare Is It ?

Forgive me guys, I'm a bit slow off the mark sometimes ~ especially when it comes to fragrances having been discontinued.
    I recently read a post in a thread from an italian guy who had been desperately searching for Rive Gauche Pour Homme. From this post I am assuming, (had no idea until now) that it has been discontinued ? I am also concluding that the Intense version has also been discontinued ?
    .........but when I started looking on the perfume websites they all had it for sale and at affordable prices........?
    next question, is it for sale in the cube bottle range, and if so is it exactly the same as the edt, or the Intense version ?
    Thanks for your help.
    " Only wimps swim with the current "

Default Re: Rive Gauche Pour Homme ~ How Rare Is It ?

As with many YSL frags, it has been repackaged in the cube bottle. The post must refer to the aluminum cylindrical bottle then.

Here in the States, at least, the cylindrical bottle can still be found here and there - not in the dept stores but in many smaller stores, as well as online, and the prices aren't particularly high, as you say. I have not tested the cube bottle so I don't know how it compares.

cacio

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

It had original bottles of Rive Gauch were discontinued by YSL after L'Oreal purchased the fragrance division. It is not very difficult to locate the original flacons online. Fragrancenet always seems to have RG for purchase, online. Or you can purchase RG in their new, smaller sized flacons directly from the YSL website.

Blog Entries

Agreed with cacio and senore01. The Dept stores here do not have the tin can, but some local stores -- brick and mortar types, carry the original packaging. I just bought the 4.2oz bottle a couple of days ago for just $25 (without a box).

As for online, Amazon.com also carries the aluminum bottle, based on the picture posted. If anyone here visits NYC's fragrance district, Rive Gauche can be found there as well with the price range between $35 and $45 for the big bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by david View Post
    Forgive me guys, I'm a bit slow off the mark sometimes ~ especially when it comes to fragrances having been discontinued.
    I recently read a post in a thread from an italian guy who had been desperately searching for Rive Gauche Pour Homme. From this post I am assuming, (had no idea until now) that it has been discontinued ? I am also concluding that the Intense version has also been discontinued ?
    .........but when I started looking on the perfume websites they all had it for sale and at affordable prices........?
    next question, is it for sale in the cube bottle range, and if so is it exactly the same as the edt, or the Intense version ?
    Thanks for your help.
    Still available in the tin can here:

http://www.cheapsmells.com/productPa...20Pour%20Homme

Word is the new bottle isn't as good but I haven't sniffed it myself.

They occasionally have the 'intense' in stock but I do not think this is any longer in production as it hasn't made it to the new ugly bottle.

Yes, the regular 4.2oz can is readily available online in the US. Maybe not in Italy? I haven't seen the Intense version in a while. I had one and sort of regret swapping it away.

I've tested the new one in the cube in duty free shops. Based on that its recognizably RGPH, but can't say more than that since I haven't given it a full wear. I'm not very interested since its more than twice the price for 2/3rds as much juice, and I have plenty of the old one.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I've owned it and loved it for years. After reading about packaging changes and reformulations, I snapped up another bottle as a back-up, tin can version, box sealed in original cellophane, for around $30 at a shopping mall fragrance store. Deal. It's so perfect in its original formulation and packaging. I would be horrified to find that I had only the trashed version available.

Good advice to BNers everywhere: buy the original while it's still out there.

PS: same goes for M7. It's still out there in original formulation and packaging - just have to shop a little.
    Last edited by mrcologneguy; 1st December 2012 at 05:20 PM.

Just echoing what others have said, i cannot find it in dept stores but in smaller ones for a great price. The Wal-Mart in my area has plenty of RGPH in the original tin can for $25. Great deal, might have to snatch one up before it's gone.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcologneguy View Post
    PS: same goes for M7. It's still out there in original formulation and packaging - just have to shop a little.
    You mean the clear glass version, or the original colored one? I haven't seen the original one in a while without a serious markup.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -

In stores, not the most available, but through most online retailers, quite available still, even in the tin bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by rubegon View Post
    You mean the clear glass version, or the original colored one? I haven't seen the original one in a while without a serious markup.
    Yep - M7, original in the dark glass bottle. I've seen it in two out-of-the-way shopping mall stores. I paid $50 for a bottle about a month ago.

It's easily had online for quite an expensive price. It's just up to you if you would rather have the old bottle or the new one.
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

The original definitely pops up from time to time online for purchase.

I just got rive gauche in its original can. I got compliments from work and I'm sure many more will come! Rive Gauche PH is a Gem!!
    Top 5

1. Givenchy Play Intense by Givenchy

2. Invasion Barbare by MDCI

3. Green Irish Tweed by Creed

4. Rive Gauche Pour Homme by YSL

5. Gendarme

6. Jazz Prestige by YSL

i just got a bottle today- it was given to me by my buddy Mike. this stuff is fantastic! cant say enough about it. smells great!

very masculine and woody frag, i used to own it and i think very highly of it

cheers
    Check out my Narciso Rodriguez for Him youtube review!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SImDN1VjOU

Dang I better pick up a can or two to last me my lifetime, one of my favorite frags.
    Expect the unexpected.

The aluminum can version is still available in Europe's online stores, even it can't be found anymore in dept. stores (except the new 'cube' 3.4oz version). Prices are also attractive (around 40-50$ for 125ml). Still crying for that Intense version which I missed to buy few years ago while was still available.
    "I love fragrances because they provide a sheer endless variety: there is a scent for every occasion, mood or feeling. Standing before my collection in the morning matching a perfume to my needs is one of the most enjoyable things in my day"..... I don't want to miss that

Current Top 12 Fall: | Gucci PH | Cacharel Nemo |
    YSL M7 | LAP L'Eau du Navigateur | Guerlain Heritage | YSL M7 OA | T.Mugler Pure Havane | Terre d'Hermes | Armani Attitude | T.Mugler B*Men | Lancome Miracle Homme | T.Mugler Pure Wood |

Quote Originally Posted by MrFragranceReview View Post
    It's easily had online for quite an expensive price. It's just up to you if you would rather have the old bottle or the new one.
    Really? I've seen it online in a lot if places from anywhere from $30-40. Not bad at all. Maybe I haven't looked the last month but not long ago it was available.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

I'm wearing it today and it's fantastic. I agree that it can be found abundantly on Amazon and other online retailers for very cheap (under $40).
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

I don't know what took me so long, but I finally ordered RGPH. I got a 4.2 oz from Amazon (Under $40 with free shipping), and the picture shows the original bottle so I sure am homing it's not the new version.

Quote Originally Posted by charger View Post
    I don't know what took me so long, but I finally ordered RGPH. I got a 4.2 oz from Amazon (Under $40 with free shipping), and the picture shows the original bottle so I sure am homing it's not the new version.
    Don't worry, you won't get the new one if you paid $40. The new one is around $80 or more.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock