Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default pleaz halp - CREED fakes are getting BRILLIANT

Look at this image!

ESPECIALLY IF YOU SPEAK FRENCH OR OWN AN AUTHENTIC CREED

I stole this image from another thread here because it serves my purpose, and because my digital camera doesn't hold a charge, I don't know how to connect my dumbphone to the computer, and my iPod touch is a gen 1 without a camera.

I believe I have identified this as a fake.

See, I just bought a bottle of Royal Delight and the packaging is identical to this aside from the size and writing color (mine's gold). It's REALLY good packaging and the bottle, sprayer, and cap seem flawless. Okay, not flawless, as the cap is slightly loose and the back of the bottle seems to have a lot number scraped off, but I think that's part of the ruse.

Anyway, I've been wearing it for 3 days straight and I noticed that the fragrance didn't have the same "ZING!" that I thought it was supposed to have. Well, as luck would have it, I had my old, empty Perfumed Court sample still around (guilty of hoarding), so I compared and CONFIRMED the difference, and it's unacceptable. Look, you can talk about batch variations, reformulations, and "old stock" until you're blue in the face, but differences like this are criminal. In fact, it might even be worse than the difference between vintage and new Anteaus'.
    People have claimed that fragrances like Royal Delight (and Original Santal) aren't popular enough to be counterfeited, and, excuse my language, but I say HORSE HOCKEY.

So let's all take a good long look at the pic up top and understand that you don't need to know French to spot the grammatical error. It basically says "Supplier of King A, of Queen B, of King C, and of Queen D, of King E.

The "AND" is placed before the second to last item in the list. Anyone familiar with all Latin based languages knows that this is incorrect, but a native Arab speaker may not know that, and I understand that these fakes are made in the middle east (there is a bit of Arab script on the bottom of the box).
    Unless there is something unique about French that I am unaware of, this is a fake. And no, I'm not being paranoid, my nose has been telling me it's a fake for a few days.

Of course, I could be completely wrong about this, but I really don't think I am, and believe me, I REALLY want to be in denial, or at least my wallet really wants me to be in denial.

Default Re: pleaz halp - CREED fakes are getting BRILLIANT

Creed doesn't come wrapped in cellophane.

Quote Originally Posted by b3t0_1972 View Post
    Some .com sellers throw the cellophane on, it's in no way indicative of counterfeit.

Basenotes Junkie

Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Beast View Post
    Some .com sellers throw the cellophane on, it's in no way indicative of counterfeit.
    What he says! Martin

Quote Originally Posted by b3t0_1972 View Post
    Yes, and good job reading my post. Cellophane can be added later to give a more authentic look as Shiny Beast said. This is about the grammar of the French at the top of the box. I am an English speaker with a fair grasp of my language, but I would like either a French speaker, OR a Creed owner to verify that what I suspect is correct.

The bottle of Original Santal in the picture is authentic, i'm willing to bet your Royal Delight is too. I highly doubt counterfeiters would bother faking Royal Delight. You have no reason to believe they're fake. Stop being an alarmist.

My VIW and SMW has the same text as the image. The rest of my Creeds do not. All of my Creeds have been purchased from Fragrancenet and for all of them, they smell authentic, bottle looks authentic, and I am satisfied.

If it smells legit, it's legit. Now why the text discrepancy? I have no idea.

It basically says "Supplier of King A, of Queen B, of King C, and of Queen D, of King E.

You don't have to speak French to read the mess on the top of the box. Just know that "de" means "of" and "et" means "and"

I'm out of my element here, but I suspect the days of GREEN FRICH TWEED are over and in order to spot a fake you have to be freaking Colombo

Basenotes Junkie

If you look at the commas, what it is saying is "of the emperor Francois Joseph and the emperess Sissi of Austriche-Hongre". Kind of like "of the King and the Queen of England". Nice try though. NOT FAKE.

"I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Quote Originally Posted by CaliDude View Post
    My VIW and SMW has the same text as the image. The rest of my Creeds do not. All of my Creeds have been purchased from Fragrancenet and for all of them, they smell authentic, bottle looks authentic, and I am satisfied.

If it smells legit, it's legit. Now why the text discrepancy? I have no idea.
    Ah ha, but there's the rub. It doesn't smell legit. The stock answer in these situations is usually, "batch variation, reformulation, or old stock." Although let's be honest, the "old stock" answer is nonsensical because I have 5 vintage fragrances (maybe more) which I hunted down from the 80s and early 90s, some of which came from the warm and sunny middle east, and they're all stunningly beautiful. This leaves us with reformulations and batch variations, and it is true that bottles and packaging do change in these situations, but to have a brutal French grammatical error on a product manufactured in France is seriously suspect, especially when spelling and grammar are the first things people tell you to look for when attempting to ascertain fakes in the fashion industry (Coach, Prada, Gucci).

So the question is: does Creed feel that, "aw, fuck it," is the proper attitude for a fragrance with an MSRP of $250 USD?

And the other question is: what is the US government hiding at area 51?

Looks like the real thing to me.

Quote Originally Posted by timmy-j View Post
    If you look at the commas, what it is saying is "of the emperor Francois Joseph and the emperess Sissi of Austriche-Hongre". Kind of like "of the King and the Queen of England". Nice try though. NOT FAKE.
    Critical thinking. I like it. Shit still don't smell right.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunsetspawn View Post
    Marilyn Monroe, JFK and a HUGE stash of the original Tabarome.
    I smell marshmallows!

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

It appears to be genuine to me. I have several boxes from Creed, yes I keep the boxes, and some of them had Arabic writing but are authentic. Additionally, fragrancenet and many other retailers ad cellophane to the boxes in order to preserve them new. I would not worry about your box.

There have been numerous spelling and grammatical mistakes over the years in creeds shoddy packaging. I pointed one out to the official distributor 5 or 6 years ago and he confirmed that all boxes in his warehouse had it.
    Nothing to worry about.

Your bottle could be very old and poorly stored?

If they were to fake a bunch of RDs, they should be on the market somewhere in fairly large amounts, because they aren't going to have a lot of buyers for it !

I was hoping it was fake because I was going to traipse on down the the Neiman Marcus in the ghetto (New York is stupid, don't ask) and grab me a real one. Buy now everyone has confirmed the horrid reality that I cannot get a good bottle of Royal Delight, PERIOD.

woe is me

Send it back to fragrance net saying the juice has gone bad

... in order to spot a fake you have to be freaking Colombo
    Colombo is your reference point for detectives in 2012?

The only way to be sure is to break your bottle in half. If you see an engraved image of Olivier Creed's thumb at the bottom giving you the "thumbs up" sign, it was real.

I'm pretty sure Royal Delight is at the bottom of the list of Creed frags to fake. There's more money to be made with Green Frich Tweed, Silver Montana Water, or Original Santana.

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

I've read every post in this thread three times now to make sure I didn't miss anything. I have not seen a single mention of two of the most obvious questions to be asked. Do the lot numbers on the box and bottle match? Is the lot number a verifiable Creed lot number? These questions are all over countless "is my Creed fake?" threads. Seems to me this is something to be checked immediately if you suspect any problems. I own several authentic Creeds bought online from a trusted source a few years ago and a couple do have the so called grammatical error on the box. The only one that didn't have a lot number on it was a one ounce bottle of Green Valley. It smelled the same as a later bottle I bought that did have a number. I wasn't too worried about a one ounce fake to begin with. In this case everything in this thread seems to indicate that it's authentic, so check the numbers and post the results. Then we should know for sure.

I just read for a fourth time and I see you say it seems to have a number scraped off the bottle. I have heard of some grey market sellers doing this with authentic bottles because they aren't authorized dealers.
    Last edited by Profumo Saggio; 2nd December 2012 at 09:46 AM.
    Current Favorites:
    1. Le 3me Homme - Caron
    2. Yatagan - Caron
    3. Van Cleef & Arples Pour Homme
    4. Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme
    5. Kouros - YSL
    6. L'Anarchiste - Caron
    7. Xeryus - Givenchy
    8. V.I.P. Special Reserve - Giorgio Beverly Hills
    9. The Dreamer - Versace
    10. Nobile - Gucci

Quote Originally Posted by hirch_duckfinder View Post
    Send it back to fragrance net saying the juice has gone bad
    Words of wisdom, Hirch.

Also, I think we can all agree that buying from a non-authorized dealer and saving a few bucks is never worth the hassle and worry involved (ie. wondering if it's fake, if it's gone bad, if it's old stock, etc). Just buy from an authentic source next time.

I got a bad bottle from an online source once and I'll never bother buying Creeds online again.

OP, I can take more, detailed, pictures if you'd like. I have the OS out of the cellophane.

My MI and Himalaya bottles have the text as shown in the first image and they are authentic.

The world's biggest factory for forging CREED of course.

Quote Originally Posted by 1280adam View Post
    OP, I can take more, detailed, pictures if you'd like. I have the OS out of the cellophane.
    No thank you, good sir. It was just the top that I felt was absolutely identical to my box, down to the font used, and I suspected that there was a grammatical error. I'm still suspicious about it and may contact a French ex (oh dear God and Jesus no) whom could absolutely help, but even then I wouldn't be positive.

Also, there is NO lot # on the box AND the lot # on the bottle just seems wrong. It's barely legible and the first characters might be "F," which, as we all know, would not be correct for an actual Creed. Also, I have a genuine Original Vetiver and the lot # is ENGRAVED. Good luck getting that thing filed off without annihilating the bottle's appearance. And another thing, the lot # is not on the bottom lip, but just above it and to the right. That also doesn't agree with what my OV tells me.

Okay, I don't really want to waste any more of you good peoples' time with this. I'll tell you what. One day this week I'll pop in to Neiman's on the home and do some smelling. My nose will know the answer. If what there I smell resembles what purchased, then I will capitulate and declare myself an ass. However, if what I smell resembles my old Perfumed Court sample then I shall buy a bottle and come back to the thread to do the "I told you so" dance.

There is always one such thread on the first page of Male Fragrances.

Even if they could duplicate the bottles and boxes perfectly (which they can't), they would still have to make the fragrance smell similar which they can't. They're too cheap to put an actual designer fragrance such as Cool Water in a GIT bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerel9 View Post
    There is always one such thread on the first page of Male Fragrances.
    True enough, and I always thought people were crazy and/or paranoid, but then it happened to me.

So either there is a rampant proliferation of fake Creeds out there, or, option B, Creed has pathetic quality control and have no problem putting out sub-par fragrances due to batch variations or reformulations. I have sampled most Creed fragrances from official sources, and even when I don't really like them I can usually respect their composition. This last bottle that I purchased not only doesn't smell like it should, but I can't even respect the composition. It's like Green Day trying to cover The Toys of Men, and I feel that only people that truly enjoy the art form would even notice.

The thread is moot anyway. I'll eventually get to Neiman's to decide whether Creed is dead to me, or if the online discounters' Creeds are dead to me.

I'll also be sure to post my results.

You could always not bother buying Creed in the first place. Trust me, you can have a very respectable collection and enjoy this hobby greatly by not having any Creed, saves a lot of angst over their terrible batch quality control and poor longevity fragrances.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

But what about the different batches? Which are real and which are fake?
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    Even if they could duplicate the bottles and boxes perfectly (which they can't), they would still have to make the fragrance smell similar which they can't. They're too cheap to put an actual designer fragrance such as Cool Water in a GIT bottle.
    Oh believe you me, I've gone back and forth over the logic of my argument, and I know damn well that it doesn't make much sense, but my nose is an uppity, confrontational asshole.

The way I see it, the only way my argument could hold water is if there is a MASSIVE counterfeiting organization out there that operates with complete disregard for western copyright law and without legal oversight whatsoever. This isn't really that far-fetched as there are many bootleg video games and electronics created and distributed in Asia, and they never really see the light of day here because of technological and linguistic incompatibilities, and a bootleg iPod is WAAAAAYYYY more difficult to reverse engineer and assemble.

Now, consider fragrance and its universal appeal AND universal packaging. Your market is global, and your markup is absurd because all you really need to do is undercut Creed's MSRP by half, which still leaves you able to sell a dollar-cost product for $70 wholesale. There is no electronics or complex engineering involved, so just about every dime is profit and customers will be drawn to your version like flies to shit because they think they're getting a "deal."

I gotta go, Jesse "The Body" Ventura and I are going to blow the lid off of HAARP

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HDS1963 View Post
    You could always not bother buying Creed in the first place. Trust me, you can have a very respectable collection and enjoy this hobby greatly by not having any Creed, saves a lot of angst over their terrible batch quality control and poor longevity fragrances.
    I know, and I don't have many Creeds because of this issue and I really didn't plan on getting any others except for Royal Delight because it's so damn bizarre. But I also wonder if all of the "Creed issues" are coming from people who circumvented the excessive cost of Authorized Retail Creeds (like I just did). If you have a "Creed issue," and you didn't get it at an Authorized Creed Dealer, then it doesn't matter how much you jump up and down swearing its real, your argument cannot be entered into the evidence.

On the other hand, if people start walking out of the Creed Boutique complaining about how their Creed just doesn't smell right and doesn't last long, well then, we have harder evidence that Creed has quality control issues.
    Last edited by Sunsetspawn; 2nd December 2012 at 11:55 PM.

The stock answer in these situations is usually, "batch variation, reformulation, or old stock." Although let's be honest, the "old stock" answer is nonsensical because I have 5 vintage fragrances (maybe more) which I hunted down from the 80s and early 90s, some of which came from the warm and sunny middle east, and they're all stunningly beautiful.
    Which is why my guess would be "..or new stock." In other words, reformulation.

Quote Originally Posted by HDS1963 View Post
    Can't argue the quality control issues, but most of the Creeds I've owned and tested have good projection and last just as long, if not longer, than most fragrances. There's also the fact that most of them smell pretty damn good.

Quote Originally Posted by MysteryBuff40 View Post
    LOL @ This comment and your screen name.

Nothing funnier than the googly eyed look followed by an, "excuse me miss, but I couldn't help notice..."

My only other detective reference would be McNulty, but nobody would know him because at the time everyone was obsessed with the overrated Sopranos.

Wait no, I forgot about Monk. Let's turn this into a detective thread, yay!

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    Can't argue the quality control issues, but most of the Creeds I've owned and tested have good projection and last just as long, if not longer, than most fragrances. There's also the fact that most of them smell pretty damn good.
    My exact experience with 11 of Creeds scents, all purchased online. One thing I personally will admit to is this; my nose is not always perfect (or is it mearly "changing") and my perception is not always perfect so I feel scent characteristics of any line could occasionally appear different, not just bottle to bottle, but even from the same bottle on a different day.

Memory and environment play a role as well. So, I'll share an experience from today and just throw my thoughts out there for the heck of it. Example, I wore DHI today, had not worn it in months, didn't get the deep cocoa I had noticed so many times before, is it the bottle, or me??? Well I've reciently been wearing many heavier scents that I had not been use to wearing when I used DHI frequently. So maybe my idea of deep has changed a little. Sunsetspawn, please do report back when you test the authorized retailer bottle and if you feel it is just such a discrepency in juice quality, or if your sence of smell could have altered with the experience of other things.

Basenotes Plus

Boohoohoo. Yet another suspected Creed fake, huh? Hey don't blame the counterfeiters. Blame the thousands of Creed fans who are too darn cheapskate to pay retail for them at authorised distributors.

Blog Entries

Just for the record, I keep all my Creed's in their boxes, and I bought all of them from authorized dealers, (most from the same Saks, actually) so it was pretty easy to check. Basically, all the boxes are one of two types - the gold lettering with thicker block caps and the "et" located on the bottom line, and the silver lettering with thinner, mixed-case typography and the "et" on the second line.

My guess is that one of the typesetters for one of the two versions "corrected" the copy that they were given. Or it's possible that Creed changed their mind about how they wanted to set the type. Both versions are technically correct. Here's why I think this.

You could use the "et" (and) in either or both of two ways. The first would be to say "of the Emperor Franz Joseph AND of the Empress Sissi of Austro-Hungary". That would be correct because you're saying BOTH the Emperor AND the Empress of The Same Place. The other way to use AND is at the end of a list, for the final member. The gold lettering does it one way, and the silver lettering does it the other way.

They could have done both ways (two instances of "et"), as a third option, but they didn't. Sorry if I'm giving Creed any ideas of how to increase controversy and hype!

You know - what's surprising to me is that this place doesn't offer fake Creed. They offer fake everything else, but not Creed. Go figure.

Still no answer on the obvious batch/lot number question. Hmm
    Current Favorites:
    1. Le 3me Homme - Caron
    2. Yatagan - Caron
    3. Van Cleef & Arples Pour Homme
    4. Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme
    5. Kouros - YSL
    6. L'Anarchiste - Caron
    7. Xeryus - Givenchy
    8. V.I.P. Special Reserve - Giorgio Beverly Hills
    9. The Dreamer - Versace
    10. Nobile - Gucci

Haha. At least he didn't say Barnaby Jones.

My theory is that the Creed employees finish off a couple of cases of Merlot or Cabernet Sauvignon before starting a new production run. That and possibly a 3 hour work week has to explain all of the craziness coming out of Creed France.

Or...Olivier makes this stuff in his garage. It's difficult to make a good batch when your wife is yelling at you to take out the garbage.

BTW, I've always been a fan of Original Carlos Santana. Whenever you take the cap off, the bottle plays Oye Como Va.

Blog Entries

Oh crap, another Creed thread...Look, Creed products have such poor quality assurance that 5 bottles of any random creed all smell different. Labels peel, pumps squeak and fall off, boxes contain random spelling mistakes. If you want to be trendy buy any fake Creed and pretend it is real. If you want genuine, pay through the nose get it at Creed boutique, and still have an inferior quality product.
    For Sale: VINTAGE Montales

Nothing funnier than the googly eyed look followed by an, "excuse me miss, but I couldn't help notice..."

My only other detective reference would be McNulty, but nobody would know him because at the time everyone was obsessed with the overrated Sopranos.

Wait no, I forgot about Monk. Let's turn this into a detective thread, yay!
    Detective Jimmy McNulty and Bunk Moreland.....hell add Lester Freamon and Kima Greggs in the mix too!!!!

I'm with ya guy!!!

Hope you can get your fragrance issue straightened out!

Blog Entries

Monk: "See Natalie, the thing is, I HAVE to touch the Aventus nozzle"
    Natalie: "But Mr. Monk, everytime you touch it it falls off"
    Monk: "That's because all of the other Aventus bottles I bought were inspected by Inspector #3. This one WASN'T!"
    Natalie: "Oh for goodness sake!
    For Sale: VINTAGE Montales

My royal oud has the same text on it. I wouldn't necessarily call it wrong grammar - you just have to know that franz joseph and sissy were a couple. Perfectly correct. Yes, I do speak french.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    Just for the record, I keep all my Creed's in their boxes, and I bought all of them from authorized dealers, (most from the same Saks, actually) so it was pretty easy to check. Basically, all the boxes are one of two types - the gold lettering with thicker block caps and the "et" located on the bottom line, and the silver lettering with thinner, mixed-case typography and the "et" on the second line.

My guess is that one of the typesetters for one of the two versions "corrected" the copy that they were given. Or it's possible that Creed changed their mind about how they wanted to set the type. Both versions are technically correct. Here's why I think this.

You could use the "et" (and) in either or both of two ways. The first would be to say "of the Emperor Franz Joseph AND of the Empress Sissi of Austro-Hungary". That would be correct because you're saying BOTH the Emperor AND the Empress of The Same Place. The other way to use AND is at the end of a list, for the final member. The gold lettering does it one way, and the silver lettering does it the other way.

They could have done both ways (two instances of "et"), as a third option, but they didn't. Sorry if I'm giving Creed any ideas of how to increase controversy and hype!

You know - what's surprising to me is that this place doesn't offer fake Creed. They offer fake everything else, but not Creed. Go figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by DieNase View Post
    My royal oud has the same text on it. I wouldn't necessarily call it wrong grammar - you just have to know that franz joseph and sissy were a couple. Perfectly correct. Yes, I do speak french.
    What they said.

Quote Originally Posted by DieNase View Post
    Yes ! Sissi was the wife of François Joseph so the "et" is absolutely correct in this position.
    Just think : "Supplier of Mr X , Mrs Y , Mr AND Mrs W, Mr Z."

I think even if I got a fake Creed I'd have a real hard time differentiate between the real stuff. They are so fleeting after the initial powerful burst, it's ridiculous really.

Quote Originally Posted by Possum-Pie View Post
    Oh crap, another Creed thread...Look, Creed products have such poor quality assurance that 5 bottles of any random creed all smell different. Labels peel, pumps squeak and fall off, boxes contain random spelling mistakes. If you want to be trendy buy any fake Creed and pretend it is real. If you want genuine, pay through the nose get it at Creed boutique, and still have an inferior quality product.
    Hmm, I seem to have dodged all these bullets with the current 11 bottles I have. Sorry dude, this just sounds like a hater.

Quote Originally Posted by Avecesar View Post
    Yes ! Sissi was the wife of François Joseph so the "et" is absolutely correct in this position.
    Just think : "Supplier of Mr X , Mrs Y , Mr AND Mrs W, Mr Z."
    I also speak French and this makes sense to me. Don't know much about Creed fakes, but the French is legit. (All this fake talk brings to mind Abbas Kiarostami's latest film, Copie Conforme, where William Shimell says "a good fake is just as worthwhile as an original". Food for thought.)

Don't buy them on eBay. Buy them on Amazon and choose a reputable seller with good Feedback. I have 6 full bottles of Creed and they are all authentic.

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Quote Originally Posted by longstreth View Post
    I also speak French and this makes sense to me. Don't know much about Creed fakes, but the French is legit. (All this fake talk brings to mind Abbas Kiarostami's latest film, Copie Conforme, where William Shimell says "a good fake is just as worthwhile as an original". Food for thought.)
    That was a theme of Philip K. Dick's in The Man in the High Castle, and also Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep, though TMITHC was very deliberate in applying it to the collectors of fine things.

Anyway, I was finally able to read the lot # off of the back of the bottle. It took a high powered flashlight AND a magnifying glass, but...

FP5509B01

Royal Delight

2.5 oz

Let's analyse this. Now the "FP" opening is not unheard of on a lot #, but it's very rare and the general consensus is that it's supposed to be the lot # for Flacons, which this is not. Perhaps the opening letter, or letters, is a regional destination code instead. The openings that I've read about are A, C, S, and FP

55 - is the code for Royal Delight

09 - is most likely the year it was made

B - is a completely unknown variable at this point

01 - would be the quarter of the year in which it was made, as this number is never anything other than 01, 02, 03, or 04

The fact still remains that my Royal Delight doesn't smell right, so I'm still left with the possibilities that Creed has dogshit quality control OR the fakers have at least partially decoded the lot #s

I'm currently on vacation because it's the end of the year and I had days I needed to use, and this is EXACTLY how I wanted to spend it. I fucking hate myself.

Anyway, I know I should be at Neiman's right now. It isn't even that far away at the mall in White Plains, but I hate people and I really hate crowds and it's December.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mesaboogie View Post
    Don't buy them on eBay. Buy them on Amazon and choose a reputable seller with good Feedback. I have 6 full bottles of Creed and they are all authentic.
    Whattaya think I am retarded? No wait, that was politically incorrect, let me start over.

Whattaya think I am, a fat-tongued, water-headed, extra-chromosomed, mongoloid moron?

I bought it from Beautyencounter, and it's really looking like it's authentic and Creed just sucks hot ass.

This whole situation is really getting under my skin, can you tell?

Quote Originally Posted by Sunsetspawn;
    I hate myself. I hate people and I really hate crowds.
    Well aren't you just a ray of sunshine.

Any counterfeiter making fake Royal Delight would probably have a printing press ginning up fake one dollar bills.

It's not fake. Let it be. And don't bother buying any more Royal Delight, which is a terrible fragrance.

Devote your energy to making basenotes kill the damn expanding ads at the top of the page.
    Current Top Five:

1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver

Quote Originally Posted by barclaydetolly View Post
    Devote your energy to making basenotes kill the damn expanding ads at the top of the page.
    lolz, for real, they make using BN on a smart phone very tedious.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Beast View Post
    lolz, for real, they make using BN on a smart phone very tedious.
    I feel bad for Mr. Strauss if that Levi's ad is a pay per click...

sooo many unintentional clicks and no sales haha

The easiest way to spot a fake Creed is to see if the bottle cap is loose or tight. If the cap is tight then it's definitely a fake.

Why is Beautyencounter selling Creed's from 2009 in the year 2012? Weren't they the ones who used to file off batch numbers or was that fragrancenet? Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by 1280adam View Post
    I feel bad for Mr. Strauss if that Levi's ad is a pay per click...

sooo many unintentional clicks and no sales haha
    LOL! OMGosh so true. I scroll down and try to click something else and GAH! It's not the worst I've seen though (the worst would be the ones that take over your whole page AND your scroll bar, so that you HAVE TO LOOK AT IT (it will actually scroll you back to the top of the page.)