Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: pleaz halp - CREED fakes are getting BRILLIANT

Quote Originally Posted by Style View Post
    The easiest way to spot a fake Creed is to see if the bottle cap is loose or tight. If the cap is tight then it's definitely a fake.
    Not sure if this was supposed to be a joke? I lol'd anyway but that's not a good indicator! haha

Many authentic CREED's come with caps that don't slide off easily... but every single bottle of Aventus I've bought seems to have that issue..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelee View Post
    LOL! OMGosh so true. I scroll down and try to click something else and GAH! It's not the worst I've seen though (the worst would be the ones that take over your whole page AND your scroll bar, so that you HAVE TO LOOK AT IT (it will actually scroll you back to the top of the page.)
    I don't pay to use BN, so I won't complain...The WORST of these stupid expanding ads are on CNN and Fox News...I won't even bother with the site if it has one.
    For Sale: VINTAGE Montales

Quote Originally Posted by 1280adam View Post
    Not sure if this was supposed to be a joke? I lol'd anyway but that's not a good indicator! haha
    Yep, just trying to be funny and sometimes I succeed! Glad you lol'd.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by paradigm View Post
    Hmm, I seem to have dodged all these bullets with the current 11 bottles I have. Sorry dude, this just sounds like a hater.
    If you have followed any of my "Creed" posts you will know I am only half serious. I own GIT, OV, Aventus bottles. I do get sick to death of the panicky posters clawing for a magnifying glass to copy down batch #'s to look up in countless threads. If you got 11 perfect bottles of Creed you indeed are lucky, just take a few hours and search Creed threads on BN, there are more threads about poor Quality control than any other 6 houses combined. I am glad you enjoy the house...I do too, just that I tend to see them realistically as riding on popularity and slacking on quality.

Quote Originally Posted by barclaydetolly View Post
    Devote your energy to making basenotes kill the damn expanding ads at the top of the page.
    lol. Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Style View Post
    The easiest way to spot a fake Creed is to see if the bottle cap is loose or tight. If the cap is tight then it's definitely a fake.

Why is Beautyencounter selling Creed's from 2009 in the year 2012? Weren't they the ones who used to file off batch numbers or was that fragrancenet? Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
    I have authentic Creed fragrances, some have loose caps and some have tight caps. That's not a sole indicator on whether the fragrance is real or not.

Regarding filing off batch numbers, it's BeautyEncounter that is notorious for doing those sort of things. I remember reading on Basenotes that they even cut out the serial #'s of Mugler fragrances from the boxes, so you can't even register your purchases in the Mugler Circle.

I've gotten all of my Creed frags from Fragrancenet and I'm satisfied. I can see the batch #'s on them too.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliDude View Post
    lol. Agreed

I have authentic Creed fragrances, some have loose caps and some have tight caps. That's not a sole indicator on whether the fragrance is real or not.

Regarding filing off batch numbers, it's BeautyEncounter that is notorious for doing those sort of things.
    The strange thing about this is the batch #s are etched in. You can't really file them off, which has led me to believe that the fakers are just poorly (intentionally poorly or otherwise) etching a batch # on for authenticity, which, in turn, looks like someone filed off a good batch #.
    Here's the thing, the "fake" batch numbers are really small.

I've gotten all of my Creed frags from Fragrancenet and I'm satisfied. I can see the batch #'s on them too.
    Ah, so you didn't need a rape kit and forensics team to see it?

2nd that!
    Quote Originally Posted by b3t0_1972 View Post
    Creed doesn't come wrapped in cellophane.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunsetspawn View Post
    True enough, and I always thought people were crazy and/or paranoid, but then it happened to me.

So either there is a rampant proliferation of fake Creeds out there, or, option B, Creed has pathetic quality control and have no problem putting out sub-par fragrances due to batch variations or reformulations..
    B is your answer.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dampier View Post
    So either there is a rampant proliferation of fake Creeds out there, or, option B, Creed has pathetic quality control and have no problem putting out sub-par fragrances due to batch variations or reformulations..B is your answer.
    yup...definitely B

Last year I unknowingly bought a bottle of fake GIT, and I compared it to numerous pictures of counterfeits. My bottle was wrapped in plastic, had the embossed logo, and also had a bit of a loose cap. Everything about it looked real. Upon application, this scent was not only NOT GIT, but also smelled so terrible, I threw it away... my wallet shedding tears of agony all the while... this was a great counterfeit on the outside, but it seemed as though the counterfeiters had never actually smelled the scent they were trying to copy, and filled it with something else entirely. This is an unfortunate thing with the fragrance world, and one that should make us always always always buy from legitimate dealers. I've learned my lesson a couple of times now through ebay and such. When in doubt, buy from the source. Otherwise we'll all be broke and smelling cheap (& supporting thieves and villains)...

Intelligence
    I'm liquidating my collection to help fund my site. Please show your support for the FPindex and buy buy buy - Tuscan Leather, Egoiste, Costume National 21, etc!

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/302...**-Come-on-in-)

Founder of the Fragrance Potency Index (FPindex)
    Providing real data on fragrance projection and sillage! Check it out
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/FPIndex
    Facebook: [utl]http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Fragrance-Potency-Index/422023624539612[/url]

Creeds are easy to check for authenticity. Pull off the atomizer nozzle and look for the white plastic piece around the stem. Fake Creeds have a black piece in there instead. Also, nobody is filing fake lot number on Creeds. I'd be surprised if counterfeiters even knew what lot numbers were. Only fragrance aficionados care about such things. There is more conspiracy on this thread than the whereabouts of Jimmy Hoffa's remains. It's no secret that Creed has terrible quality control. So don't let loose caps or weak juice worry you.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Quote Originally Posted by mesaboogie View Post
    Creeds are easy to check for authenticity. Pull off the atomizer nozzle and look for the white plastic piece around the stem. Fake Creeds have a black piece in there instead. Also, nobody is filing fake lot number on Creeds. I'd be surprised if counterfeiters even knew what lot numbers were. Only fragrance aficionados care about such things. There is more conspiracy on this thread than the whereabouts of Jimmy Hoffa's remains. It's no secret that Creed has terrible quality control. So don't let loose caps or weak juice worry you.
    I'm going to have to come to terms with this answer because Royal Delight was discontinued. I didn't even know until today.

I'm also convinced that I initially tested vintage juice because it was from The Perfumed Court, and this dragon chasing has happened before because of them. On ebay I was able to dig up authentic vintage bottles of Heritage, Vetiver, Anteaus, and Santal Noble and, here's the real fucking kicker, I almost NEVER use them because they're irreplaceable.

This Royal Delight I have here is just so fucking impotent. It's like that new Anteaus, and that makes me a sad panda. Now I know how all the Aventus people feel; thank the gods I don't like that fragrance...

or maybe I just smelled a bad batch

Creed in 2012 is pure mondo bizarro. Fandom, batchdom, fakedom - way down down down in this subbacultcha...
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Quote Originally Posted by the_good_life View Post
    Creed in 2012 is pure mondo bizarro. Fandom, batchdom, fakedom - way down down down in this subbacultcha...
    Yeah, I'm done with them. I got a fake GIT which was a gift, so no big deal and it still smells good. It's basically Cool Water. I have a real OV which evolved slightly over its first few weeks, which is unsettling. It went from an 11 to an 8 in terms of quality. How the fuck does that happen? I even had a coworker notice. And now this Royal Delight that has every piece of evidence pointing towards authentic EXCEPT the smell.

- - - Updated - - -

NO "MILLESIME" ON THE BOTTLE

Okay, so every picture of Royal Delight that I can find (and Bois du Portugal for that matter) has the word "MILLESIME" emblazoned on the bottle, but mine doesn't.

Yes, I'm still on this because it smells off and I have a bit of the OCD.

It is real.
    Logic and experience dictate that there is NO REASON to EVER counterfeit ANY 2.5oz Creed...Let alone Royal Delight.....because it's a waste of TIME/MONEY/Potential Arrest to make a fake perfume that nobody wants.

You are paranoid.
    Go ahead and be raped by Creed retailers, if you're not shrewd enough to buy what IS/what is NOT "real" Creed, through a discount source.

You'll be laughing all the way to the cleaner!!

Quote Originally Posted by MapOfTheWoods View Post
    Upon application
    My heart missed a beat there, I thought for a moment, nevermind . . . just, be careful starting a sentence with those two words

Entertaining thread, compelling stuff, I seldom open fake Creed threads, let alone read to the end.

I have never understood the whole thing of buying stuff from questionable sources and then agonising publicly over whether it might be a fake . . . it seems like playing Russian Roulette and then expecting sympathy from a bunch of perfect strangers when you get shot.

The questionable French grammar thing was an interesting angle, though. Big sigh of relief now that we've cleared that one up.

Quote Originally Posted by the_good_life View Post
    You know when you grope for luna!
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

Quote Originally Posted by sjohnjay View Post
    It is real.
    Logic and experience dictate that there is NO REASON to EVER counterfeit ANY 2.5oz Creed...Let alone Royal Delight.....because it's a waste of TIME/MONEY/Potential Arrest to make a fake perfume that nobody wants.
    Side question: Why does no one want a 2.5 oz Creed? Apologies if I missed the answer in the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenFreak View Post
    Side question: Why does no one want a 2.5 oz Creed? Apologies if I missed the answer in the thread.
    There is a theory that counterfeiters only make Green Irish Tweed, Silver Mountain Water, and Millesime Imperiale, and only in 4 oz bottles. The only evidence to support this theory is that fake 4 oz bottles of all three have made appearances on Basenotes.

There is no evidence that the rest of Creed's stable isn't being faked, as the absence of evidence doesn't equal the evidence of absence. Also, most of the confirmed fakes have such minute discrepancies in the packaging that it stands to reason that there are plenty of fakes that are perfect, or nearly perfect in packaging. At that point the only remaining discrepancy is the smell, and due to the notorious "batch variations" that the incompetence at Creed can't seem to eliminate, there really is no guarantee that an off-smelling bottle is a fake, because it could just be a lemon. Actually, I might be wrong. Perhaps it isn't incompetence that causes the "batch variations," perhaps it's a brilliant marketing strategy designed to get people to pay retail.

So, that leaves me with investigating every possible error in the packaging I might notice. So the grammar is okay, but...

what about the "FP" that the batch number begins with. Does "FP" ever appear on the 2.5 oz spray bottles? Isn't it only a designation for flacons?

And what about the absence of the word, "MILLESIME," on the bottle. Shouldn't all Royal Delights have that?

This would all be a lot easier if you actually could buy Royal Delight at a retail store.