Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1

    Default Serge Lutens - Recommendations?

    I've just ordered a bottle of Cherqui as it seems to come quite well recommended and the description sounds like its something that would appeal to me. I was just wondering if there were particular 'stars' from this range that I should pay attention to?

  2. #2
    Dependent Wit_Siamese's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Nonthaburi (a suburban province located immediately to the north of Bangkok)
    Posts
    1,863
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Serge Lutens - Recommendations?

    Ambre Sultan
    Bazaar in hot desert

    Arabie
    Dried Fruit that remind me of X'mas

    Fille en Aiguilles
    Spicy Pine forest

    Gris Clair
    Burnt Lavender Field
    ***My favourite from my collection***

    -------- Amouage Tribute Attar
    ------ Serge Lutens: Ambre Sultan
    -------- Les Exclusifs de Chanel: Sycamore
    ------ Amouage: Fate Man
    -------- Amouage: Epic Man
    ------ Tom Ford Private Blend: Noir de Noir
    -------- Terre D'Hermès Pure Parfum
    ------ EDP FM: Carnal Flower
    -------- Neela Vermire Creations: Trayee
    ------ Dior: Leather Oud
    ------- Hermèssence: Ambre Narguilé

  3. #3
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & Búzios
    Posts
    83,688

    Default Re: Serge Lutens - Recommendations?

    Sarrasins

  4. #4

    Default Re: Serge Lutens - Recommendations?

    Good choice. Many others are great, it depends on what you like. My favorite is Sarrasins too, jasmine leather. More traditionally masculine, Ambre sultan, Borneo, Fumerie Turque, etc.

    cacio

  5. #5

    Default Re: Serge Lutens - Recommendations?

    My Chergui arrived this morning - love it!

    Definately going to try some of the others from the range.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Serge Lutens - Recommendations?

    I have known about this brand for some time but haven't had the chance to sample it or to look through the range in detail. At the weekend I stopped by a S & L counter and man do these guys have some seriously good scents to choose from!

    One notable fragrance was La Nuit, an obvious floral and quite feminine, but it was a superb jasmine note. Very authentic and strong but not in an overpowering way. Loved every second of it!! I really need to look into this brand more.

  7. #7
    Basenotes Plus
    Diamondflame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,716

    Default Re: Serge Lutens - Recommendations?

    Try the more controversial or challenging ones such as Muscs Koublai Khan, Iris Silver Mist & Serge Noire. Imo its also worth exploring the lesser known Lutens e.g. Fleurs d'orangeur, Rahat Loukhom, Datura Noir, etc.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Serge Lutens - Recommendations?

    Quote Originally Posted by rum View Post
    I have known about this brand for some time but haven't had the chance to sample it or to look through the range in detail. At the weekend I stopped by a S & L counter and man do these guys have some seriously good scents to choose from!

    One notable fragrance was La Nuit, an obvious floral and quite feminine, but it was a superb jasmine note. Very authentic and strong but not in an overpowering way. Loved every second of it!! I really need to look into this brand more.
    If only I had the balls to wear this -- I love it so much. Definitely more hits than misses in the range --I would suggest the back catalogue also as the latest offerings have been slightly disappointing imo.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Serge Lutens - Recommendations?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaern View Post
    If only I had the balls to wear this -- I love it so much. Definitely more hits than misses in the range --I would suggest the back catalogue also as the latest offerings have been slightly disappointing imo.
    Tell me about it. It's almost intoxicating! I love Jasmine scents, although I also prefer them on a woman
    Me thinks someone is going to get a bottle for Christmas!! (well it's all about giving, right? )

  10. #10

    Default Re: Serge Lutens - Recommendations?

    Huge house with some real top notches...my personal favorites:

    Iris Silver Mist
    Sarrasins
    Muscs Koublai Khan
    Chene
    La Myrrhe
    Tubereuse Criminelle
    Fille En Aiguilles


    Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

  11. #11

    Default Re: Serge Lutens - Recommendations?

    My fav. Fille en Aiguilles + Borneo + Five o'clock + Fumeire T. + Santal Majuscule + Un Bois Vanile + Jeaux de Peau

  12. #12

    Default Re: Serge Lutens - Recommendations?

    Quote Originally Posted by rum View Post
    Tell me about it. It's almost intoxicating! I love Jasmine scents, although I also prefer them on a woman
    Me thinks someone is going to get a bottle for Christmas!! (well it's all about giving, right? )
    My partner wasn't that keen -- ' a bit blowsy' couldn't believe it -- I wanted to smell it at night. She raids all my other bottles though.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Serge Lutens - Recommendations?

    everything by Lutens , you can't go wrong!

  14. #14

    Default Re: Serge Lutens - Recommendations?

    Good choice. Many others are great, it depends on what you like.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Serge Lutens - Recommendations?

    I'd recommend Ambre Sultan and Chypre Rouge

Similar Threads

  1. Serge Lutens Chergui or Serge Noir?Which is more oriental?
    By pistola in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 24th March 2012, 03:09 AM
  2. Serge Lutens Gris Clair: the anti-Lutens, Lutens?
    By Kevin Guyer in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11th October 2010, 11:10 PM
  3. Serge Lutens--Serge Noire, and mispelled Sarrasins
    By lushsoup in forum No longer missing fragrances
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 19th August 2008, 05:43 PM
  4. Serge Lutens relaxing and Serge Lutens on acid
    By finsfan in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 23rd August 2006, 04:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000