Code of Conduct

Default Profumum Rosae Mundi

I just noticed that Treber posted on the Industry Discussion forum that this new fragrance has been released, but I haven't seen it mentioned here, so I thought I'd give you guys a heads up. Has anybody tried it yet? It's not at Lucky Scent yet. The notes make it sound like it could be a masculine rose, but the photo that Profumum is using to promote it appears to me possibly leaning more feminine. (Sorry to perpetuate these increasingly obsolete notions of gender, but my nose still has them.) Whenever anybody gets a chance to try it, please post your thoughts.

Default Re: Profumum Rosae Mundi

I asked for it specifically at my local store, but it's not yet there nor have they been notified it seems.

deleted..

sorry was talking about Rosamunda, my bad
    Last edited by l'improviste; 5th December 2012 at 09:24 AM. Reason: wrong thread

Lucky Scent has this now. They are listing it as unisex on their scale. I'll be looking forward to hearing from people about this one. Unfortunately, I recently placed a large sample order, so it'll be a while before I place my next one.

Same here. I'm so broke now lol. I can't wait to hear the opinions on this one.
    Top ten

1. Patou Pour Homme
    2. Patou Pour Homme Prive
    3. Portrait of a lady
    4. Jubilation XXV
    5. Cashmere Oud
    6. Tribute Attar
    7. Ambre 114
    8. Clive Christian No. 1
    9. Jardin d Amalfi
    10. Eau de Patou Pour Homme

Basenotes Plus

The description on LS site, althiugh they have not classified it yet, reads more feminine than masculine

Reminds me of Caberet. Not sure if I would spend the money when I can get Caberet for a song.

Regards,
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by sjas1962 View Post
    Reminds me of Caberet. Not sure if I would spend the money when I can get Caberet for a song.

Regards,
    Steve
    The description reminds you of Cabaret or the actual fragrance reminds you of it? I still haven't seen any actual reviews on this one yet. The ad copy and Lucky Scent's description make it look and sound feminine, but most of the notes listed are very woody. At first, Lucky Scent had it marked as "unisex" on their little scale, but then they removed the scale from it altogether. I'm not sure what to make of that. With all of the woods and vetiver listed as notes, it might work for men who can handle roses. Has nobody tried this yet?

I've tried it and it reminds me of Caberet. For me both Rosae Mundi and Caberet are totally unisex.

Regards,
    Steve

Basenotes Institution

Oh I didn't like Cabaret at all, there was an annoying note in the basenotes that I couldn't stand. Is it very sweet (the Profumum)?
    "The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Have to check it out!

I wore it this morning (only for about 2 hours - then I showered and wore something different). I don't find it feminine really (but that is very subjective of course). It is not nearly as deep and heavy as Tom Ford's Noir de Noir, but it isn't a light soft delicate one either. It is a very hight quality, well blended rose fragrance. It seems familiar - not anything mind-blowingly original, but very well done. after 30 minutes it really did sort of remind me a little of Lumiere Noir (which I recently purchased and love).
    I will need to wear it a few more times to really get a feel for it, but the 1 time I wore it (for a few hours anyway), I found it very nice - and quite unisex.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Dior - Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions
    6. Puredistance - Black
    7. Tom Ford - Plum Japonais
    8. Neela Vermeire - Trayee
    9. Creed - Royal Oud
    10. Chanel - Egoiste

I just ordered a sample. I'll report back when I get it.

Testing this at the mo coincidentally. The opening is a very familiar rosey bouquet mixed with white florals - very feminine by current standards.
    It's settling down after about 30 mins and the woods are starting to show through. Getting mostly patch and cedre only a very little vetiver showing through. Far more unisex now.
    I'm wondering if there's any iris and aldehydes in it. There's a waxy feel similar to ald + iris accords I've smelled before.
    The rose isn't photorealistic - somehow it reminds me of a woman wearing a rose perfume than rose itself. The rose in Paris is an approximation.

Quite nice, personally I would prefer a different rose presentation but it does seem to succeed in it's intent. One for the rose lovers to test.

Oooh, I see Basenotes in double posting again.......
    Last edited by laph; 12th January 2013 at 11:09 PM.

Sound Scents

Just got a sample of it in my last LS order and while I have not tested it on skin yet, on paper like every other Profumum scent I have tried it did not impress. My guess is on skin my impressions will not change for the better.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frdric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'dri) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

I'm testing this now. I agree with laph that it starts out feminine, but gets much more unisex, I might even say masculine, in the drydown when the woods emerge and blend with the rose. I also agree that it smells familiar, but I can't quite place what it smells like. It has some similarities to Acteur - not just because it has a marked rose note, but it has a bit of a leathery quality in the drydown that reminds me of it. I think it's very good and very well made, but I won't be buying it. Acteur and Aramis 900 are sufficient for me when I want this kind of fragrance. However, if Acteur is one of your favorite fragrances, or you're just hugely fond of rose fragrances, you probably should give this one a try, but for me, it doesn't bring enough new (or notably better) to the table at this price point.

There is only one review of this in the Basenotes directory, so I hope to gather more opinions from Basenoters.

I am curious about this rose perfume. Does it act like a true chypre, despite not having stated oakmoss notes?

Default profumum roma rosae mundi

I received a sample from lucky scent and I was extremely impressed from initial testing. We have several rose threads on the board, but don't recall this one being mentioned once. Reminds of mfk lnph, but a bit more resinous.

Curious on others thoughts

Also received vanitas which smells nice but it's clear om just not into gourmands or anything to sweet and a lot of their frags are sickly sweet
    Last edited by persianprince; 8th May 2014 at 03:14 AM.

Default Re: profumum roma rose mundi

I like it too. Did not think of the comparison to LNPH, which I also like, so now I shall try them side by side.

Default Re: profumum roma rosae mundi

Also tried it from an unsolicited sample I received with a purchase and thought it smelled very pleasant.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

I'm also getting a bit of rose 31 as it settles down. If this stuff performs like others from this house this is a winner for me. Not sure of I need another rose frag but it's a mixture of all the rose frags I own.

Need to give it a full wearing

Last edited by lpp; 8th May 2014 at 09:02 AM.

Basenotes Plus

I own a bottle and love it. I definitely get the resemblance to Lumiere Noire PH but it's much deeper than that. The performance is second to none also as with most of the Profumums. This is quickly becoming my favorite rose fragrance.

Blog Entries

http://www.basenotes.net/entries/109...-24-March-2014

You may like to see my blog entry on this one. It doesn't have oak moss so it isn't a real chypre. But it wafts beautifully and has a similar feel.

Thank you, kumquat - I knew that you'd done something!

We're going to merge the two main threads as it's pointless running two.

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat View Post
    http://www.basenotes.net/entries/109...-24-March-2014

You may like to see my blog entry on this one. It doesn't have oak moss so it isn't a real chypre. But it wafts beautifully and has a similar feel.
    Hi Kumquat, your review is right on the money. I really enjoy this rose scent, which is my favorite for spring.

I have posted my own humble review below. Cheers!

Its hard for me to believe that there is no bergamot in this fragrance, as the note seems clear to my sniffer! And the bergamot note is welcome, to, and contributes to an over all very enjoyable 'chypre' opening to Rosae Mundi.

About the rose note: it is rich and deep and somewhat earthy, without any of the grape juice/fruit juice notes that, for this rose gardener, ruin many rose fragrances.

The vetiver adds a green streak to the fragrance, while the patch, and cedar are relatively low key in the background.

Projection is at least moderate, but not gigantic, and longevity is very, very good. Two sprays to the nape of the neck will drop you into a rose garden cocoon for a good 14-16 hours.

This is my favorite spring rose, and a worthy contemporary chypre, despite the (published) lack of oakmoss.

At least, that's how I smell it! Enjoy!