Code of Conduct

Default Woman was wearing so much perfume the smell stayed on me for like an hour afterwards!

At the grocery store, an Indian woman was wearing something. I don't know what it was; it was flowery. Never got closer than two feet from her.

Thirty minutes later I'm on my couch and I realized I could smell it on me. It was annoying.

Has that ever happened to anyone else? wow that's some sillage.

How is that even possible? Wouldn't it require a molecule to leap off of their body, fly through the air, stick to your body, and then leap off of your body again? That's a lot of work for a molecule.
    Last edited by Cerel9; 2nd December 2012 at 08:26 PM.

Default Re: Woman was wearing so much perfume the smell stayed on me for like an hour afterwards!

Yep! My football buddy wears Mugler. Went out on the lash post match once and in the morning Mr Ali asked what I was wearing as he could smell something on my clothes and in my hair! Yep A*men transfer

Default Re: Woman was wearing so much perfume the smell stayed on me for like an hour afterwards!

He wears A*Men when playing soccer?

Nah, watching! There were a group of us in a VIP box and then we went out for drinks

For several years I was bombarded by the molecules in EL Beautiful -- a co-worker used to -- I swear! -- bathe in it every morning. I have ODed on it without ever having owned the actual bottle.
    Last edited by Twolf; 3rd December 2012 at 11:48 AM.

People can really od on some of those EL scents, I picked up on a couple of EL scents recently, someone was bathed in Pleasures..that leaves the biggest trail/cloud, needs to be applied with a lighter hand I think. Though, I know I have bathed in Beautiful and Pleasures back in the day. It's just when you can smell it several feet from you..and then you pass them and it's like they are the only person in the store..a big cloud..and the trail lingers everywhere. They smell like one big atomiser going off, lol, and it's just a big puff of fume, lol. It's like they are the perfume bottle, lol.

Basenotes Plus

That's odd. I thought you'd need some forms of bodily contact for the fragrance transfer to take place.

Not quite the same, but when I come home from work, my husband says I smell like a hospital. The scents do transfer from the environment. But I wonder how many sprays these people are wearing that they can transfer it to others without touching and for brief periods of time! Wow. I don't know if I could stand myself to be so strong smelling!

Banned
    Blog Entries

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OThqZEMBf7M

she should marry this guy

Never thought this could actually be possible, but it may not be totally excluded or improbable either.
    Maybe it had to do with the air conditioning (assuming it was present and functional at the time) and/or some other form of draft and the exceeding fragrance molecules were just ready to be simply ventilated and dispersed in the air.

I know when the DH kisses our dogs, he leaves the scent of his aftershave on their heads! I can always tell when they were given a lot of kisses.

I imagine upholstery would hold the scent of something strong for some time as fabric holds scent well, and that is how people used to wear scent. They wore it on gloves and clothing.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Cocogirl I remember both my hubby and I taking on the phenolic smell from various old wards at times during our careers. It got into your skin. Over applied fragrance can do the same

Basenotes Plus

This can & does happen. I used to wear Jessica McClintock (circa 1990) and hugged my brother before he went to work. The next day, he told me the guys in the shop razzed him all afternoon about having a girlfriend.

That was some super clingy juice.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

"The next day, he told me the guys in the shop razzed him all afternoon about having a girlfriend."

Was he a priest?

I don't think the smell actually passes onto others. I think it may sit deeply imbedded in the olfactory memory. As far as smell going from one place to another, such as in a hospital, I think it can transfer to the clothing and even hair. That may also account for the sense of one having absorbed someone else's smell.

I'm intensely aware that some perfumes such as the ELs and ones such as Nahema and YSL Paris are extremely strong, even with the most careful spray. I have overcome this to an extent by using roll-ons rather than sprays for these fragrance bombs

I remember at school some girl was wearing Oh! Coconut deodorant. Even her coat smelled of this stuff. Not only her coat - my coat started to smell of the vile coconut after I hang my coat beside hers... After that I don't buy the idea of synthetics having less staying power since I highly doubt that there was a single natural molecule in Oh!