Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Looking for a frags that smells like bourbon/ whiskey , incense, or fire wood

Other notes i love are Musk, vanilla and i have yet to find a frag that smells like true cedar or firewood. I love that smell of burning wood in winter.

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Looking for a frags that smells like bourbon/ whiskey , incense, or fire wood

Bois d’Ascese Eau de Parfum by Naomi Goodsir.

Default Re: Looking for a frags that smells like bourbon/ whiskey , incense, or fire wood

Pure Malt
    Fille en Aiguilles
    Patchouli 24

For bourbon, try Demeter Fragrance Library Bourbon.

For incense, try CDG Avignon.

For firewood, try Tauer Lonestar Memories, which smells like a cowboy campfire.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

You should try Dirty English. I also like Michael by Michael Kors for most of the notes you are looking for.

Post Thanks / Like

Pure Malt -Cheers!

Post Thanks / Like

Lonestar Memories
    The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.

Post Thanks / Like

Naomi Goodsir Bois d'Ascese is the one you're looking for: Smoke and wood (or rather, burning wood)

Also, Le Labo Patchouli 24: smoky campire (or maybe a wood stove burning in a wood cabin) leading to a base of vanilla

And if you want a boozy vanilla with a hint of cedar and incense: Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille

Sound Scents
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PalmBeach View Post
    Bois d’Ascese Eau de Parfum by Naomi Goodsir.
    This one is indeed what you are looking for, IMO.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Basenotes Junkie Profumo Saggio's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

For the wood I second the Dirty English. For a slightly different bourbon try vintage Nicole Miller for Men. A very good apple bourbon scent.
    Current Favorites:
    1. Le 3me Homme - Caron
    2. Yatagan - Caron
    3. Van Cleef & Arples Pour Homme
    4. Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme
    5. Kouros - YSL
    6. L'Anarchiste - Caron
    7. Xeryus - Givenchy
    8. V.I.P. Special Reserve - Giorgio Beverly Hills
    9. The Dreamer - Versace
    10. Nobile - Gucci

Post Thanks / Like

Black Tourmaline & Arso.

Power Where You Need It
    Post Thanks / Like

Yet another vote for the Naomi Goodsir. On a side note, you might also want to check Profumum Arso.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Post Thanks / Like

Dirty English

Lubin Idole

Post Thanks / Like

-
    Songe d'un Bois d'Ete
    (Guerlain)

Among other things (the best gourmet food - esp. desserts, the cerebral expanse of brisk desert nights, etc), it smells of cognac, scotch, bourbon, crisply burned dry wood, and the depth and astringency of myrrh.

Private Label by Jovoy

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Mugler's Pure Malt

Pure Malt will probably take over this thread over popularity alone.

Les Nombres d'Or Vanille by Mona di Orio is a good fragrance if you're looking for a nice boozy rum vanilla orange, and light sandalwood fragrance.

It's crazy how on Luckyscent this stuff went from $170 about 2 months ago to $230 not. Ridiculous!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Pure Malt does not smell like bourbon or scotch. Sorry to its fans. That doesn't make it a bad fragrance (though I'm not crazy about it), but it does make it misnamed.

I second recommendations for Patchouli 24 (smoke and vanilla, not much patchouli), Lonestar Memories, and Black Tourmaline -- all for the incense and burning wood vibes. I have yet to come across a good bourbon accord, but if you're looking for peat smoke, these may get you there.

The opening of Oud 27 is whiskey-like to me, or perhaps like warm white wine. Definitely boozy, though not in a sweet way.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Titan View Post
    You should try Dirty English. I also like Michael by Michael Kors for most of the notes you are looking for.
    For Firewood I thought immediately of Dirty English, but longevity is weak.
    Tom Ford Splits Oud Wood / Tobacco Vanille / Tobacco Oud / Neroli Portofino / Noir de Noir / Tuscan Leather / Plum Japonais/ Oud Fleur / Italian Cypress HERE

Post Thanks / Like

Oud 27 or Patchouli 24

- - - Updated - - -

Oud 27 or Patchouli 24

Post Thanks / Like

The new Luckyscent Bois Bourbon is a nice whiskey with dry woods

what about Andy Tauer's Extreme Incense?

Post Thanks / Like

Gucci Pour Homme I (2003)

Juicy Coutoure Dirty English

Baldessarini Ambre

Cerruti L'essence de Cerruti PH (not really whisky, but liquerish sort of)

Chanel Egoiste (if anyone has experience how rakija šljivovica - eng shlivovitsa not a name but type of rakija - smells like, Egoiste does it but with a style)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mikesc View Post
    For Firewood I thought immediately of Dirty English, but longevity is weak.
    that depends as longevity is great on me!

Post Thanks / Like

Gucci Pour Homme

Post Thanks / Like

Incense--Encens Flamboyant by Annick Goutal. I don't like alot of incense but I found this one intoxicating.

Fire Wood/Firecracker--Halston Amber Man. Love this scent and its a mix of firecracker paper burning mixed with the amber.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with some of the above recommendations and will add two that haven't been mentioned:

Burning Leaves by CB I Hate Perfume
    Fumidus by Profumum
    Eau de Fier by Annick Goutal (discontinued)
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Post Thanks / Like

I'm wearing Slumberhouse Jeke today, and to me it has a rich, honeyed, boozy smell with an undertone of smoke. Norne and Vikt are wood-heavy -- not cedar, but conifers, Norne inclining to pine and Vikt to balsam fir. Norne has a trace of the burning note, Vikt not so much.

If you want burning vanilla, Le Labo Patchouli 24 smelled like a kitchen disaster I once had involving boiled-over pralines!

Post Thanks / Like

Zirh Ikon: The best for incense and that firewood smell
    Ambre by baldesserini and southern blend by Mcgraw: For that whiskey note you are longing for
    Nicole miller and Michael kors: I agree for the bourbon.

Post Thanks / Like

To my nose, the latter scents mix a certain "brooding booziness" with hints of leather, incense, yet less firewood, though a woody-spicy component is still there:

Escada pour Homme
    Ungaro II and Ungaro III
    Zino Davidoff

Post Thanks / Like

Neil Morris - Burnt Amber smells like flame!
    LOST! in scent and music

Lush Exhale has a great topnote of what at first seemed like woodsmoke, but then i realized is, more precisely, burning peat (though it doesn't last super long). that's the cade oil, i believe. it's not at all boozy, but otherwise could evoke an islay scotch sniffed in a cedar-lined den. or perhaps better, hanging the peat-fire tender's coat in the closet with leather shoes and cedar shoe trees. it's in the directory under the former brand name, B Never Busy to Be Beautiful.

i like to layer this with vetiver scents to give them the extra smokiness i crave. it's cheap too, esp. if you wait for a free shipping deal on their website (they don't carry it in most, maybe all, of their stores).