Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Plus

Default Arsene Lupin Dandy for stylish 30 young looking guy...? Another guerlain..?

So i just blind bought Arsene Lupin Dandy because the way it looks. I did love the initial note, and i'm ok with the dry down. The only thing is, it smells very old to me...like if i were 40 or 50. I'm a pretty stylish / fashion forward guy and i look much younger than my age (30), and i feel like this just might not match... =( Should I keep it? Or should i return it and trade it in for something else? are there any nice guerlains you would recommend that would fit me more? (ideally i'm looking for something either for special occasion wear or intimate setting/seductive wear. The girls I date are usually 20-30)

I've tried out tonka Imperial, Double vanille (both of these turn sour on my skin), I also bought gourmand coquin (realized how feminine it is...don't think i can pull this off and will probably return this...), D'UN HEROS(didn't like it), heritage (kinda liked this..but i smell like my grandfather, lol), arsene lupin voyou (not a huge fan of chypre), and guerlain myrrhe & delires (i do kinda like this! does this one work?)

thanks for the advice!

Default Re: Arsene Lupin Dandy for stylish 30 young looking guy...? Another guerlain..?

Only you will know whether to keep it or not. IMO it's fine for any age.

Sound Scents

Default Re: Arsene Lupin Dandy for stylish 30 young looking guy...? Another guerlain..?

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Only you will know whether to keep it or not. IMO it's fine for any age.
    This. It is a superb scent, IMO.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Either this or Habit Rouge and even Mouchoir de Monsieur- the latter two are more conservative, yes, but so tastefully elegant and not dated at all, I could imagine any guy from the mid twenties onwards wearing them with ease, credibility and classiness.

"it smells very old to me...like if i were 40 or 50"........hmmmm
    * Current Favourites *
    Amouage: Lyric Man & Essenza di Colonia Acqua di Parma
    Serge Lutens: Fille en Aiguilles & Gris Clair & Fleurs d'Oranger & Tubereuse Criminelle & Sarrasins & Fumerie Turque & A la Nuit

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

40 or 50 is old??? Dang...!

Imo it's an excellent scent. But if you don't feel it's 'you' maybe you could try something else..? Something more 'youthful' like ummm... Le Male or sum shyt like dat. : wink:

Basenotes Plus

Haha, i mean 40-50 is not old per se, it just much older than I am / feel /appear to be. I don't mean to offend anyone's age here =P I'm just at the point of my life where I'm appreciating the finer things in life, but still doing what young people do, you know?

I thought based on the bottle design & the marketing copy of the fictional french cat burgler, that this would smell sophisticated elegant, stylish and seductive. For the most part it managed to do just that (I LOOVED the top notes), but after the initial application it became too balmy / incense rich on my skin, i lose pretty much all the citrus notes/pepper and just get balms / incense + patchouli / Sandalwood. Still feels elegant and sophisticated but not so much stylish/seductive anymore..=T Then again this is the first wearing so i'll have to try again before I draw any final conclusions.

I mean when you guys wear this do the citrus / pepper notes stay? I feel like if it stayed and wasn't so incense / wood rich that I could probably still pull it off within my age group.

Far as more "youthful" i'm not a big fan of things like le male / one million. I mean they have their uses from time to time, but not what i'm looking for atm. My signature scent right now is Aventus, which to me works perfectly within my age group category / personal style, but it's just not sophisticated enough to work as my special occassion / intimate wear, even though its more than enough for intimate/seduction, haha.

I think i'll check out habit rouge & MdM, even though it may be conservative =P Thanks! Are there any other from the L'Art et la Matière line I should check out that kinda fit what i'm looking for? (elegant/sophisticated/stylish/charming/seductive/intimate/not too feminine)

Wish I had hundreds to drop on bottles I haven't even tried =P.

If you want a Guerlain that is more youthful, try L'instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme. It does have a refined quality to fit your requirement for a special occasion scent.

Basenotes Plus

Ooo~ yeah I hear good things about LIDGE. Hopefully I can find it at a local retail tho. Yeah this hobby is very very bad for my wallet. lol. Thank got for the return policy tho. I figured if I don't like it i can always return it / exchange it, lol.