Code of Conduct

Default Can anyone recommend a good cologne that attracts the opposite sex?

I'm thinking of ordering a bottle of Le Male on fragrancenet.com after reading good things about it, now I am wondering if anyone can recommend other colognes that smell really pleasant to women. Thanks!

Default Re: Can anyone recommend a good cologne that attracts the opposite sex?

Yes:
    Giorgio Armani Acqua Di Gio
    Mont Blanc Legend
    Chanel Platinum Egoiste
    Bleu de Chanel
    Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit de L'Homme
    Versace pour Homme
    Boss Bottled

While I don't necessarily support the decision to wear fragrances to attract the opposite sex, I'd suggest something mainstream like La Nuit or 1 Million. Le Male is a good option I suppose, but I'm not really fond of it. Other options to consider are the uber-popular Aqua d'Gio and Cool Water.

If you want to delve more into obscurity in the realm of designer fragrances, I'd suggest HM by Hanae Mori (great scent for compliments and also pretty quality stuff for the bargain bin price), or even something popular among the fragrance community like Dior Homme Intense.
    Fragrance blog being actively updated weekly (hopefully)!: http://moteperfumery.blogspot.com/

Check out a fun little thread I made if you don't know what to wear today: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/384264-Pick-another-member-s-SOTD-(Game)

Basenotes Plus

Confidence.

Attached Images Attached Images

Opposite sex here . Go w Aventus. You're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Infinity View Post
    Opposite sex here . Go w Aventus. You're welcome.
    Hi opposite sex
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Jovan Sex Appeal

Basenotes Plus

My SOTD - +1!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Renaissance_Man View Post
    Jovan Sex Appeal
    “Some perfumes are as fragrant as an infant’s flesh, sweet as an oboe’s cry, and greener than the spring; While others are triumphant, decadent or rich; Having the expansion of infinite things, like ambergris and musk, benzoin and frankincense, which sing the transports of the mind and every sense.”

― Charles Baudelaire, The Flowers of Evil & Paris Spleen

The simple and reductive answer is 'the one that makes you feel confident and self-possessed.'

Insert fragrance name here.

I don't like Le Male personally but know it has a reputation as a "panty dropper". But you should ask yourself the same question "Do I even like it myself?"

lol at some of the replies, however, I think I will go with La Nuit since it was released in 2009 so it's not completely outdated. I was considering Aventus but it is a bit out of my cologne budget at the moment. I have been wearing Armani Code for a few years and I have just returned a fake bottle of Azzaro Chrome I ordered from eBay this month (avoid eBay guys).

Acqua Di Gio

I agree, La Nuit is sexy in a bottle. Good pick if you're trying to get laid

Girls love 1 Million and Aqua Di Gio ;-)

Oh yeah I forgot about one million. That's spanish fly in a bottle. Dangerous stuff right there. Go for that one kid. Girls love it and will have sex with anyone who's wearing it regardless. REGARDLESS!

Can come off a little bit douchebaggy. At least that's my interpretation of it. Very loud and overly confident.

Perfect scent for douchebags!

I joke but seriously. This will get you laid.

From my experience:

1. Acqua di Gio (Essenza preferably)

2. Le Male

3. La Nuit de L'Homme (EDT preferably)

4. D&G The One

5. Mont Blanc Legend

6. 1 Million

Wildcard (some love it, some not so much):

1. Dior Fahrenheit

2. Eau des Baux

3. Cool Water

Not as good luck with:

1. Chanel PE

2. Pure Malt

3. Rive Gauche

4. Kouros

Good choice to prompt a break up with somone you are no longer interested in:

1. Yatagan

Still waiting arrival of my DHI. I suspect that could be in one of the top spots as well.

I have received more compliments from women with ADG than any other fragrance. It's not worn by as many as it used to be, I would strongly consider it. That being said, I don't think you'll be disappointed with La Nuit. However, I have gotten mixed reviews from women stating that it smells like women's perfume.

1 million. Givenchy pi usually anything with heavy vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by juanderer View Post
    Confidence.
    This would be my answer. As for fragrances, wear what you love and think smells best on you.

dang, you sound like you really know your stuff brah. Now I'll have to decide between Acqua Di Gio and Le Male

I get more compliments wearing Aventus than anything else. Listen to Infinity, she knows of what she speaks.

Spicebomb

Banned
    Blog Entries

There is no fragrance that will attract a woman. Only you as a person can do that through your actions.

And no matter what fragrance you buy, there will be women who like it and women who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate_99 View Post
    I'm thinking of ordering a bottle of Le Male on fragrancenet.com after reading good things about it, now I am wondering if anyone can recommend other colognes that smell really pleasant to women. Thanks!
    You can't really go wrong with a good quality designer scent cause their main goal in mind is to make a scent that appeals tot he broadest spectrum of people. The consequence though is you probably won't get nothing earth shattering as far as originality. If that's of no consequence than go with the popularity.

You may want to consider the setting you are using though as well because in my opinion, you may want to be careful using la male in an office setting. The scent is very strong and overpowering and if you apply too much, you can easily turn into "that guy". So be careful. For a clubbing scent, it will probably work well but you won't stand out from the crowd in my opinion.

My goal is to buy scents that are interesting to me and try my best to wear them in the right settings as to not offend people lol.

Office scent, something like Versace's the dreamer would work well. It's my favorite from their house and it's not over powering with moderate longevity.

Clubbing, I would go with something that would be powerful yet stands out from the crowd. Narciso Rodriguez for men, La Nuit de L'homme or even Angel men is a nice clubbing scent. I know Angel men in these parts is about as common as apples and oranges but in my city, I could ask 20 people and they would have no clue what the hell it is or that a cologne could even smell that way. lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by noirdrakkar View Post
    There is no fragrance that will attract a woman. Only you as a person can do that through your actions.

And no matter what fragrance you buy, there will be women who like it and women who don't.
    +1

agreed

I don't care how much confidence you have, you ain't gonna get panty dropped wearing Aramis!

Are we talking about a specific woman, or just women in general? I was under the impression that they all have different tastes.

Jk, I've had some very enthusiastic comments on Dior Homme, they seem to like that one. I see you're in Canada? Whichever you decide on, buy it from fragrancex and use the coupon code "free" to get free shipping to Canada. Shipping on Fragnet is like $16. Don't buy Le Male!!

@ JiveHippo, good stuff I will look at fragrancex.

What about the thing about vanilla being a natural aphrodisiac, that's the main reason I was looking into Le Male believe it or not.

Molecule 01

1. Carnal Flower by Frederic Malle
    2. Molecule 01 by Escentric Molecules

Quote Originally Posted by Luca View Post
    LOL, sure will attract the opposite sex!!!

Scent alone will not get you laid my friend. It may turn a few heads, open a few doors...but you still have to have the confidence, personality and charm. At most, scent can open a conversation with the opposite sex, you still have to close the deal.

@ JiveHippo, good stuff I will look at fragrancex.

What about the thing about vanilla being a natural aphrodisiac, that's the main reason I was looking into Le Male believe it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by chili_willi View Post
    I get more compliments wearing Aventus than anything else. Listen to Infinity, she knows of what she speaks.
    Why thank you.

Little anecdote to the OP: This morning I saw one of my male clients and he happened to smell good. What was he wearing? Actually, nothing special just some old spice deodorant. Awesome. But Old Spice got us talking and we then totally bonded over our obsession for fragrance, specifically Aventus. We both wear it. See? fragrance is even good for business! But back to the subject at hand. The highlight of the conversation for me was when he said "I don't know...that stuff just does something for my self esteem, Amy" Touche'. That little statement packs a big punch. So no, a cologne by itself won't get you laid. But it can attract the opposite sex. It can get a conversation started. And it can make YOU feel good about yourself by giving you a self esteem boost. The rest is up to you but you definitely have a leg up. So go smell good.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Bleu de Chanel. Women appreciate a clean, fresh, non-offensive scent.

Lots of good recommendations mentioned. I will go with La Nuit YSL since I am not a hardcore cologne enthusiast (yet). I am graduating college this spring so as soon as I land a decent job I will be picking up Aventus and that is a definite.

Lots of good recommendations mentioned. I will go with La Nuit YSL since I am not a hardcore cologne enthusiast (yet). I am graduating college this spring so as soon as I land a decent job I will be picking up Aventus and that is a definite.
    That's exactly what I would recommend.

Both are fantastic 'crowd pleasers'.

Enjoy!

ADG, YSL Lhomme and La Nuit

Honestly it's so subjective

Clean, fresh will be pleasing to most but not amazing either.

I saw someone say plat egoist is not good and yet I've gotten compliments from females from that.

I think in the end, most designers will be pleasing to a good number of women, so just pick one that you enjoy.

If you just want to wear a fragrance to impress women, you may be disappointed. Or you could just spend like twenty bucks and get Claiborne curve, or claiborne sport. That shit is magic.

Here's an 88 page thread addressing this topic: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/212...le-compliments