Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What's your ideal fragrance?

Build a frag: If you could create the perfect fragrance for you, what would it look like? Ingredients, longevity, projection...whatever. It's YOUR frag...what do you want?

Me (at least where I am right now...obviously, this could change within a week ):
    -I'd want my opening to be a fresh, crisp citrus. Sharp like freshly cut fruit.
    -As the citrus blends into the middle stage, I'd like the fruit to darken...like a fantastic, deep, dark red wine.
    -In the middle stage, I'd want a dark honey--similar to Back to Black, but not quite as potent--with perhaps the slightest pinch of rose.
    -At the end, I'd want the smoothest vanilla. Not too sweet...soft, smooth, but clearly there.
    -Longevity in the 6-8 hour area.
    -Projection = Close enough where I can hog most of its goodness, but projects enough that others can whiff it when I walk by (not get clobbered by it).
    "We don't fail because we aim too high and miss, but because we aim too low and hit" - Les Brown

"Sometimes we need to suffer just so we can look at our lives and know we're for real" - Francis Chan

Default Re: What's your ideal fragrance?

For a sweet, winter "comfort" scent, I would also like something built around a honey note.

But what I'd really like is a men's Chypre, EDP so nice and potent, with absolutely no Aldehydes, big Verbena and Lime notes to go with the Bergamot, a herbal note like Oregano somewhere, Gardenia, Ylang and Petitgrain in the middle, and a Suede note to go with the Oakmoss/Labdanum base. Oh and a hint of Patchouli too.

Perfect fragrance? I'd love for the opening, heart, and dry-down to be the same. What I smell when applied is what I will smell all throughout the fragrance's life.

Something classy, done with in a sweet-citrus note. As a substitute for the sweet-citrus, a tropical woodsy fragrance with a hint of sweetness would do.
    Not sweet enough to be feminine or too young, but sweet enough to be pleasant, in both cases.
    There would need to be an apple note in there as well.

Post Thanks / Like

My perfect fragrance would be a mixture of the violet and ambergris of GIT, the black tea spicyness in Gucci Pour Homme II, the tobacco note in Back to Black, and finally the vetiver note in Vetiver Tonka.
    My current favorites:

Bleu De Chanel, Creed Green Irish Tweed, Zino Davidoff, Dior Homme Intense, Creed Royal Oud, M7 (all versions), Chanel Egoiste, Dior Homme Sport, and Thierry Mugler Pure Malt.

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Your description of the ideal scent sounds like something that I have been searching for. Woodsy tropical, not too sweet or too young, with a touch of class. Yes, I can go for that. Kudos MikeJ

Post Thanks / Like

I'd need several ideal scents for different climes and occasions.

Don't really have an ideal. I like too many a lot.

Post Thanks / Like

Egoiste, minus the cilantro.

Post Thanks / Like

I doubt that I could imagine anything better than Chanel …goÔste... Maybe an EdP or a parfum of …goÔste?
    - Mark

…GOŌSTE! …GOŌSTE! …GOŌSTE!

"OOOOOOH WHAT A GOAL! IT'S DANNY ROSE, ON HIS PREMIER LEAGUE DEBUT, WITH A MEMORABLE STRIKE!"

Are you an oenophile? Join our wine group! http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=108

Quote Originally Posted by senore01 View Post
    Your description of the ideal scent sounds like something that I have been searching for. Woodsy tropical, not too sweet or too young, with a touch of class. Yes, I can go for that. Kudos MikeJ
    I'll let you know if I ever come across such a fragrance .

Post Thanks / Like

Right now, I am in the Christmas/wintery mood. Something that started off with a cinnamon/pepper/spice kick with a dose of warm boozy brandy, and a cherry pipe tobacco smoke would be amazing. Something that kept that throughout, and maybe settles into a smoky wood without the common powder vanilla drydown would be scent heaven for me.

Post Thanks / Like

It should have at least some, if not all of the notes/accords subsequently mentioned:

citrus (both citrus blossom and citrus fruit), chypre, powerhouse, leather, Mediterranean spices, cedar.

Post Thanks / Like

Would love to see something that gives an accurate representation of high quality first flush darjeeling tea. It would need to cover some of the flavours and aromas associated with drinking it, rather than just smelling the brew in a cup.

The opening should have a little lemon and a hint of white florals (maybe more like lime/lemon blossom than full blown jasmine. They need to be subtle, but clearly present) and even wood and maybe brambles. The florals and woodiness should lead into the heart notes and become more apparent there where they should be joined by just a hint of muscat (grape. Just a hint, as this is more associated with 2nd flushes, and I don't want it to get too sweet or fruity). There should also be a slate note in the heart that carries through to the base.

Overall it should have a dry feel to it to try and recreate the effect of tannins in the mouth, and the base should be woody, slatey and bone dry.