Code of Conduct

Default spraying different frag over skin scent?

Once a scent has dried to skin level, can I spray a new frag over it? I have several frags that lose sillage after 4-8h and I'd like to wear something different in the evening but I'm always afraid to mix. Anyone do this?

If you have to, I've found alcohol wipes will typically rub off a scent easily... If you dont miss a spot.

Default Re: spraying different frag over skin scent?

I wouldn't bother wiping the first one. If a soft musk or woody base note is left it'll probably go well with most other things. That is if you can even smell the first layer. You could even come up with a magical combination accidentally. Many people layer on purpose.

If the frag has really gone away, I don't see the problem. Indeed, on my skin, few frags survive into the evening. But if there's still some left, then I'd be careful.

cacio

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

I, too, do not have a problem applying a different frag later in the day over the original frag which is all but there hours later. Sometimes you can come up with a very interesting combination.

I don't like this.

I need to shower first. Or at least change my undershirt and wash my neck thoroughly. But I anyways shower after work.

for swap/sale:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by senore01 View Post
    I, too, do not have a problem applying a different frag later in the day over the original frag which is all but there hours later. Sometimes you can come up with a very interesting combination.
    I agree. I've discovered some amazing combinations this way. For example, a couple of weeks ago l wore Black XS for a day out shopping, came home in the evening & applied a couple of sprays of Ghost. The rosy incense over the remains of the patchouli was awesome!
    Most of the time though, the newly-sprayed fragrance takes over so much from the "old" one that l don't notice it anymore.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

I try to be a purist and avoid layering, but there are a couple frags that are so monstrous in longevity that they survive showers; when this happens I try to find something with a similar base.

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    I don't like this.

I need to shower first. Or at least change my undershirt and wash my neck thoroughly. But I anyways shower after work.
    Same here.

I do it all the time. I don't notice a difference in the second scent.

I am not pretty good at layering, and even if the first scent is a skin scent, I hardly ever get the proportions between the two right.