Code of Conduct

Default Costume National Homme

Hey what's up my frag heads? I went on a trip down memory lane. I pulled out my box of all my samples and went through them again and search for something I may have missed. I came across Costume National Homme and fell in love again. I searched around on the internet for this bottle and came across some on Amazon,fragrance net, and went to the costume national website. the bottle on the website goes for about 100 dollars while on fragrance net and Amazon go for about 60. I also found this on luckysent but it was running about $80 for a 50ml. I was wondering if they were all the same Costume National Homme since it was all the same pic and its just the plain Homme why the huge price differences? I was just trying to find a good seller that has this powerhouse.

Default Re: Costume National Homme

http://www.beautyencounter.com/buy/c...1577/223006/16

I'm sure if you do a search on the web for coupon codes for them, you'll find something and save more.
    The Bark Bites Back here --> https://thebarkbitesback.wordpress.com

thanks for the link. I usually use fragrance net, but the last time I ordered givenchy play intense and when I sprayed it it lasted only for about 30 minutes and then it was no longer traceable on me. They gave me a refund and I returned it but I was wanting to try somewhere new. I know this bottle ran high before but I had always heard of beauty encounter but never used them.

Yeah, CNH is pretty nice. Underrated frag, IMO. I'm sending you a pm. May be able to help you out.

Replied

I found Salvatore Ferragamo PH 2b exceedingly similar save 4 its fig top note, & it's readily available @ any nearby Marshall's.
    On Sillage:

If someone can smell me at more than an arm's length away, I'm probably wearing too much of whatever I applied; if she can distinctly make out the top notes, then perhaps I left the house a bit too soon..

On icebreaker:

I tend to compliment people on their frags to make short talks rather than anything more meaningful.

¿Si o No?

Sound Scents

I would stick with the Costume National Homme which is an outstanding fragrance by master nose Ropion, IMO. I have seen it sell in the mid 50s on eBay from pretty well-trusted sellers.
    Last edited by drseid; 4th December 2012 at 01:22 PM.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4)
    Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6)
    Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
    9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
    9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
    9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
    9) X for Men (Clive Christian) - tie
    9) Patou pour Homme Privé (Jean Patou) - tie
    9) Oud Shamash (The Different Company) - tie

Go to Dillards, not sure how much it is there I think $80 for a 3.4oz.

Quote Originally Posted by googl.plex1 View Post
    I found Salvatore Ferragamo PH 2b exceedingly similar save 4 its fig top note, & it's readily available @ any nearby Marshall's.
    Check -- it's very similar but not quite as good in the drydown.

Costume National Homme is much longer lasting with mega sillage then Ferragamo. CNH is truly a fall / winter staple in a fragrance collection.

I agree, there are few on par w/ Jacques Polge, the master nose behind the Chanel fame, or Thierry de Baschmakoff, master designer behind the Bvlgari bottles and The Different Company:

http://www.basenotes.net/ID26121419.html

Interestingly enough, his son Olivier Polge, the 2nd gen perfumer given credit 4 the success of DH & Spicebomb, also did F PH for Salvatore Ferragamo..

Btw, I don't get the barn association cited below, do u? The only other horse mane' concept I've seen mentioned is from Cartier's IV L'Heure Fougueuse detailed by our very own Mr. Reasonable:

http://1000scents.blogspot.com/search?q=Salvatore

http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/28456

Quote Originally Posted by drseid View Post
    I would stick with the Costume National Homme which is an outstanding fragrance by master nose Ropion, IMO. I have seen it sell in the mid 50s on eBay from pretty well-trusted sellers.
    On Sillage:

If someone can smell me at more than an arm's length away, I'm probably wearing too much of whatever I applied; if she can distinctly make out the top notes, then perhaps I left the house a bit too soon..

On icebreaker:

I tend to compliment people on their frags to make short talks rather than anything more meaningful.

¿Si o No?

Costume National Homme reminds me of one of my bad fragrance experiences: Apparition Homme Intense by Emanuel Ungaro. A bitter beast in which I cannot discover anything appealing: unfortunately this one hits the same spot...!

Quote Originally Posted by Trauerkraut View Post
    Costume National Homme reminds me of one of my bad fragrance experiences: Apparition Homme Intense by Emanuel Ungaro. A bitter beast in which I cannot discover anything appealing: unfortunately this one hits the same spot...!
    Also not a fan.

Just stopped by Dillard's last nite. They have the 1.7oz on sale for $49.99..
    On Sillage:

On icebreaker:

¿Si o No?